• CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Meet the real Herman Cain

What you may not know about Herman Cain who is running for president

He is not a career politician (in fact he has never held political office). He is known as a Pizza Guy, but there is a lot more
    to him. He is also a computer guy, a banker guy, and a rocket scientist guy.

Here is his bio:

* Bachelor degree in Mathematics.

* Master degree in Computer Science.

* Mathematician for the Navy, where he worked on missile ballistics (making him a rocket scientist).

* Computer systems analyst for Coca-Cola.

* VP of Corporate Data Systems and Services for Pillsbury (this is the top of the ladder in the computer world, being in charge of information systems for a major corporation).

All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!

* Business Manager. Took charge of Pillsbury 400 Burger King Restaurants in the Philadelphia area, which were the company poorest performers in the country. Spent the first nine months learning the business from the ground up, cooking hamburger and yes, cleaning toilets. After three years he had turned them into the company best performers.

* Godfather Pizza CEO. Was asked, by Pillsbury to take charge of their Godfather Pizza chain (which was on the verge of (bankruptcy). He made it profitable in 14 months.

* In 1988 he led a buyout of the Godfather Pizza chain from Pilsbury. He was now the owner of a restaurant chain. Again he reached the top of the ladder of another industry.

* He was also chair of the National Restaurant Association during this time. This is a group that interacts with government on behalf of the restaurant industry, and it gave him political experience from the non-politician side.

Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

* Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.

* Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve Bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that affect the monetary system.

After reaching the top of the banking industry, he changed careers for a fourth time!
    * Writer and public speaker. He then started to write and speak on
    leadership. His books include Speak as a Leader, CEO of Self, Leadership is Common Sense, and They Think You are Stupid.

* Radio Host. Around 2007”after a remarkable 40-year
    career started hosting a radio show on WSB in Atlanta (the
    largest talk radio station in the country).

He did all this starting from rock bottom (his father was a chauffeur and his mother was a maid). When you add up his accomplishments in his life including reaching the top of three unrelated industries: information systems, business management, and banking.

STACK THAT UP AGAINST THE 'COMMUNITY ORGANIZER'...

Herman Cain may have the most impressive resume of anyone that has run for the presidency in the last half century.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    * Adviser to the Federal Reserve System. Herman Cain went to work for the Federal Reserve Banking System advising them on how monetary policy changes would affect American businesses.

* Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He worked his way up to the chairmanship of a regional Federal Reserve Bank. This is only one step below the chairmanship of the entire Federal Reserve System (the top banking position in the country). This position allowed him to see how monetary policy is made from the inside, and understand the political forces that affect the monetary system.

This is where he was bought and paid for. When you hear him talk about monetary policy and the federal reserve, it's more of the same.

Sad, because the rest of his history is very impressive... until he sells his soul to the central bank.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And Ron Paul's been sucking at the public teat for 23 years. That's just what we need - another career politician, a barking moon bat no less. :rolleyes:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Just read it. Looks like they are blaming HC for all the mistakes of the Fed. Just because he worked there doesn't mean that the bad ideas and problems were his or that he supported it. In fact he may have worked there because he saw an opportunity to fix things. Maybe he saw an opportunity to m ake things better instead of just complaining about it?

In short, using this logic, we should hold Ron Paul guilty for all the stupid that has come out of congress for the last 2 decades.

That article is a two bit propaganda piece. As Mitt Romney would say, "nice try." I love the part where it says that he lists his Fed experience on his official site and the it goes on to say he is hiding it.... Well, I guess he is hiding it in plain site then?

If you have any actual proof of his errant Fedness, please post it so that we can read the truth, but this is a baselss attack so far.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Just read it. Looks like they are blaming HC for all the mistakes of the Fed. Just because he worked there doesn't mean that the bad ideas and problems were his or that he supported it. In fact he may have worked there because he saw an opportunity to fix things. Maybe he saw an opportunity to m ake things better instead of just complaining about it?

Alas he didn't make anything better, he has supported every policy Greenspan and Bernake sent down the line.

THAT is what the article faults him for, for supporting (and implementing when he was KC chief) disastrous monetary policy.

You don't get to top of the FED system without understanding the consequences of your actions.

You've got two choices when it comes to Cain and his time as Chairman of the KC fed either he i-

1- too stupid to realize the damage he was causing and supporting

or

2 - he knew exactly what he was doing and was helping to flush the US down the toilet for his own personal gain.

Neither is acceptable.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    That is very impressive he has talent but I'm more in learning what policies he shaped that led to our problems. Or why the media has dropped Romney and perry for Cain. My guess is puppetry which begs the question of cains very impressive record. Eitherway kudos to him for playing the system.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Alas he didn't make anything better, he has supported every policy Greenspan and Bernake sent down the line.

THAT is what the article faults him for, for supporting (and implementing when he was KC chief) disastrous monetary policy.

You don't get to top of the FED system without understanding the consequences of your actions.

You've got two choices when it comes to Cain and his time as Chairman of the KC fed either he i-

1- too stupid to realize the damage he was causing and supporting

or

2 - he knew exactly what he was doing and was helping to flush the US down the toilet for his own personal gain.

Neither is acceptable.

So, which candidate meets your standard?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Prometheus,

Can you cite a reference or present the original information that shows he did as accused? Not saying he didn't, but the article is short on proof. I have been in a leadership position in several organizations that turned out ideas or policies in direct contra-indication of what I argued for. People probably thought I supported those ideas.

Just sayin.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It bugs me that the MSM likes to call him the "pizza guy", if he was a democrat they would be calling him the smartest man on earth and bla bla bla........I'd vote for him, no problem. He had colon cancer though and I suspect if he gets closer to being the Republican Nominee then they will go after that point.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I can't vote for Ron Paul unless he's the only one running against Obama.

He can't decide what party he belongs to, he's too effing old.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It bugs me that the MSM likes to call him the "pizza guy", if he was a democrat they would be calling him the smartest man on earth and bla bla bla........I'd vote for him, no problem. He had colon cancer though and I suspect if he gets closer to being the Republican Nominee then they will go after that point.

A year ago, I was listening to a radio talk show that asked if Sarah Palin was qualified to be president.

My thoughts were essentially, "We still think there are qualifications?" if there are any, they have been set impossibly low.

HC is impressive from the standpoint that he has actually DONE SOMETHING. Things he has in common with some republicans; Paul, physician and Romney, business etc. BUT has in common with no Democrats who are purely a party of politicians pretending to practice law before hand. (notice how I did that without offending any real lawyers :D)

I started this thing out as a RP supporter and I still like Paul though I think he tries hard to make himself unelectable. Beginning to think Cain may be a winning ticket and a good option as well. Unlike Paul who would be a good option, but I am increasingly concerned that he cannot win. And unlike Perry who could win but would not be a good option.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I can't vote for Ron Paul unless he's the only one running against Obama.

He can't decide what party he belongs to, he's too effing old.

Vote how you like but seriously? RP is a Libertarian, but he can't run under that party because the two party system excludes anyone else from being a serious contender. He therefore chooses the lesser of two evils as do most of us when we vote.

Too old? seriously?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Vote how you like but seriously? RP is a Libertarian, but he can't run under that party because the two party system excludes anyone else from being a serious contender. He therefore chooses the lesser of two evils as do most of us when we vote.

Too old? seriously?

Ron Paul is 76, will be 77 by the next election. I think 70 ought to be the cut off for the presidency but what do I know.

Can is 10 years younger than Paul. and has a lot more experience in actually running a business and making ends meet. Paul has been a fixture in congress for 35 years or so, off and on...I just don't see him as viable.

I'm voting ABO - anyone but Obama...so if Paul gets the nod, he gets my vote.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ron Paul is 76, will be 77 by the next election. I think 70 ought to be the cut off for the presidency but what do I know.

Can is 10 years younger than Paul. and has a lot more experience in actually running a business and making ends meet. Paul has been a fixture in congress for 35 years or so, off and on...I just don't see him as viable.

I'm voting ABO - anyone but Obama...so if Paul gets the nod, he gets my vote.

$10 says Cains kicks the bucket before Paul. Age isn't more important than health.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    curious as to which of the RINOs you are supporting?

Cain's got my attention, but not support (yet). No one else in the current field. Paul and Johnson are gadflys. Perry and Romney are libs. Gingrich is tainted. Bachman is not ready, and Santorum is not on message. If Cain isn't the man, we could be staring at a second Obama Administration because the Republicans can't field a decent candidate.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Cain's got my attention, but not support (yet). No one else in the current field. Paul and Johnson are gadflys. Perry and Romney are libs. Gingrich is tainted. Bachman is not ready, and Santorum is not on message. If Cain isn't the man, we could be staring at a second Obama Administration because the Republicans can't field a decent candidate.

Although we think alot alike, I've got to disagree with you here. Unless something drastic happens, I think anyone the GOP puts up against Obama will beat him. Unlike FDR, who maintained his popularity through the Great Depression, BHO has lost the majority of the support which elected him. Even Romney, Perry, or Paul should be able to beat him.

Top Bottom