• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Flashback to 1999-2000. Election season.

After 8 years of Bill Clinton's undeclared wars and military interventionism, Governor George W. Bush ran a campaign that promoted a humble foreign policy, bringing the troops home, staying out of other countries business, ending nation-building, no more policing the world, and closing unnecessary military bases.

Its a foreign policy that Republicans historically embraced. Nixon also ran on a platform of bringing the troops home from Vietnam. How did interventionism become a "conservative" plank?

Look how far you've drifted! Now you're a pariah if you aren't on running on a platform of war with Iran, let alone bringing the soldiers home.

Watch this video. "The George Bush You Forgot." Man, was he unelectable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc[/ame]

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Globalist agendas? 9/11 deserved retalitation but a large drawn out full blown war? I think afew highly trained men could've done better less time and money. And kept a better reputation. As it seems conservatives don't conserve economically or socially.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Nobody forgot about it.
    A man beats the Sh** out of his wife

She walks past at least a dozen homes to come to your home and knocks on your door because she KNOWS you are the one.

Your 10 year old son answers the door and sees a terribly beaten woman. Your son calls you to come to the door. She steps inside and says he is still in the house, out of his mind on drugs again and the KIDS are still in there too. These kids are friends with your kids. Time is critical. This guy is about 1 full foot taller than you, maybe has 100 pounds on you is known as violent and is smart, he is an MD.

The kids are trapped inside the house.

Are you going to cry out to her "I'm an isolationsit" and hand her your cell phone, tell her to call 911 and close your door?

I know what my Dad did.

Sometimes crap comes your way no matter how many dead bolts you have on your door and your mind.

Please, in your own words right here and now in two sentences or less, with no quotes, videos or words of other Men, say exactly WHY you made this post today?

Are you extolling the virtues of Ron Paul versus an unemployed President? Trying to persuade us he is the next one to lead us to greatness and we should vote for him? Blaming bush for something, like why RP will lose?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

She walks past at least a dozen homes to come to your home and knocks on your door because she KNOWS you are the one.

Your 10 year old son answers the door and sees a terribly beaten woman. Your son calls you to come to the door. She steps inside and says he is still in the house, out of his mind on drugs again and the KIDS are still in there too. These kids are friends with your kids. Time is critical. This guy is about 1 full foot taller than you, maybe has 100 pounds on you is known as violent and is smart, he is an MD.

Are you going to cry out to her "I'm an isolationsit" and hand her your cell phone, tell her to call 911 and close your door?

I know what my Dad did.

Sometimes crap comes your way no matter how many dead bolts you have on your door and your mind.

Please, in your own words right here and now in two sentences or less, with no quotes, videos or words of other Men, say exactly WHY you made this post today?

Are you extolling the virtues of Ron Paul versus an unemployed President? Trying to persuade us he is the next one to lead us to greatness and we should vote for him? Blaming bush for something, like why RP will lose?

OOOOOOH! Thread Killer.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I know what my Dad did.

And the analogy is....? :dunno:

To clarify, wtf does your analogy have to do with Iraq or with the sustained 'conflict' in Afghanistan? In the anectdote above, did your dad kick this dude's ass (and in the process kill or maim his kids) for 10 years?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You should be asking him if his dad rescued the kids and kicked the abusive dad's ass, then some of the abuser's friends started stalking and beating up the wife and kids AND his family because his dad stood up for the abuser's mom. THAT fits the Iraq situation.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And those pesky Japs....what were they thinking out there in the Pacific on that vacation island on December 7, 1941.

How would have Mr. Ron Paul handled it? :dunno:

The answer I get most often is that he would have stood on the sidelines waiting for Congress to declare war first.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    And those pesky Japs....what were they thinking out there in the Pacific on that vacation island on December 7, 1941.

What did the sound bites tell you? Have you ever read beyond those to actually learn what Mr. Ron Paul would do?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

My Daughter speaks Japanese but I have to use translators.

I think Paul would say this:

我々が prouldy する Emporer 氏と glady はあなたに hawaii を手渡します

"Mr. Emporer we prouldy and glady hand you hawaii"

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    What did the sound bites tell you? Have you ever read beyond those to actually learn what Mr. Ron Paul would do?
    What sound bites? Why listen to sound bites without knowing why we are doing it? If Rambone defines the context of the thread, yeah maybe then it is worth doing. Did you click on it? Really?

We can discuss cowardice, isolationism or living in Oz but I think first we need to know which it is we are talking about. Can you answer for Rambone his intent for making the original post? Or are we left to watch videos and guess. I kind of thought we were are all about accountability?

I am not a Rambot or Rambonian.

As for my analogy, isolationism is an easy way to disguise cowardice. Yeah, my Dad went in and drug out the thug and handed him to the cops when they finally got there. Sometimes you have to act. Sometimes you even have to act first. Watch Israel. Who started it? Israel or Iran making threats and building nukes. WWRPD?

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    What sound bites? Why listen to sound bites without knowing why we are doing it? If Rambone defines the context of the thread, yeah maybe then it is worth doing. Did you click on it? Really?

We can discuss cowardice, isolationism or living in Oz but I think first we need to know which it is we are talking about. Can you answer for Rambone his intent for making the original post? Or are we left to watch videos and guess. I kind of thought we were are all about accountability?

I am not a Rambot or Rambonian.

As for my analogy, isolationism is an easy way to disguise cowardice. Yeah, my Dad went in and drug out the thug and handed him to the cops when they finally got there. Sometimes you have to act. Sometimes you even have to act first. Watch Israel. Who started it? Israel or Iran making threats and building nukes. WWRPD?

Don't remember quoting you Zoub, but thanks for the riddles.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I know what my Dad did.

Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, neighbors from our street will join others from around the neighborhood, and you will be launching the largest vigilante battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from drunken medical doctors. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I don't get how one is an isolationist for not wanting to participate in globalism. I have not heard him say cut off all ties.

I think alot of problems stem from too much globalism and not enough American first policies. Not same thing. I believe RP would not wait until we're attacked but would not falisify info to launch a war. Fdr is guilty of waiting for your pearl harbor and bush is guilty of giving us war on false pretense just like obama on Iran.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, neighbors from our street will join others from around the neighborhood, and you will be launching the largest vigilante battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from drunken medical doctors. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!

Goodness what a hack ripoff of the Presidents speech from the movie Independence Day. Really you can't do any better than that?

So you would have rather have had Al "I invented the Internet" Gore as President in 2000.:dunno:

No Thanks, While GWB had his faults, I'll take him every time over a Gore, Kerry or Obama.

Sometimes I think you forget that there are 365 million other people in this country, it's not Burger King, you can't have it your f'ing way and screw everyone else. I want things to change also, but I have a sense of realism, it will not happen over night because the libs have been working on this for a long time.

Sure I'd love a true conservative President that supported what we all want and truly need to continue to prosper as a country and support our true Allies, but he doesn't exist right now. So we're going to have to mold one over the years and then convince the rest of the country that we need him.

I know you are HUGE RP fan, but I think RP is two fruit loops shy of getting the first seat on the next newly built short bus with one of those fruit loops dangling about to fall off.

Top Bottom