+1 for Elkhart Co. Sherrif! Individual rights trump Feds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Gawd, how I love stuff like this!!!

Based on my LEO experience, I am convinced that all state, township, and city law enforcement agencies should be abolished and that county sheriffs should be the sole law enforcment representives in any given area.

I learned, much to my detriment, that police chiefs serve not the public, but whoever appointed them and they gladly violate the civil rights of citizens to keep their jobs.

Sheriffs answer directly to the people, and it shows.

Has anyone noticed that sheriffs are usually supportive of gun rights, while police chiefs usually oppose them?

That because if you're a police chief and your crooked, power-hungry superiors are opposed to the Second Amendment, then YOU are opposed to the Second Amendment because if you publicly support gun rights you'll lose your job. The fact that suppression of gun rights costs innocent lives is secondary to the police chief's personal interests, and to such a person the Constitution means nothing at all.

Not so with Sheriffs.

BRAVO!!! Sheriff Rogers!!!

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    one bonus i guess living in unincorporated territory, i get to deal with the lake co. sheriffs and not the crown point, st. john, or schererville police. i've only had one semi-negative encounter with them, the several others have been pleasant, and downright professional. any other time i've delt with municipal officers, they've acted like their own :poop: don't stink (not that all act like that, just the few i've run into; which coincidentally have all happened in illinois, go figure)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    one bonus i guess living in unincorporated territory, i get to deal with the lake co. sheriffs and not the crown point, st. john, or schererville police. i've only had one semi-negative encounter with them, the several others have been pleasant, and downright professional. any other time i've delt with municipal officers, they've acted like their own :poop: don't stink (not that all act like that, just the few i've run into; which coincidentally have all happened in illinois, go figure)

Since my debacle with the Carmel PD I'm not thrilled about the idea of ever again having contact with them.

I contacted the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, and the Sheriff himself assured me that I can receive law enforcement service from his office instead of the Carmel PD even though I live in Carmel.

All I have to do is call their dispatch center directly instead of calling 911.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Your ‘cosmetic’ regulations will never ‘trump’ those principles. The citizen in question is a good man and has committed no crime. He is an upstanding member of this community. He does not have to allow you access to his property for the FDA to conduct random inspections.”

Amazing-Awesome-Face-Teary-Eyed-Kane-Clap.gif

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Please send some of your sheriffs down south. But I honestly think the problem is not the police....it's the courts. I wish/hope we vote out all of our judges! :patriot:

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I learned, much to my detriment, that police chiefs serve not the public, but whoever appointed them and they gladly violate the civil rights of citizens to keep their jobs.

Sheriffs answer directly to the people, and it shows.

Has anyone noticed that sheriffs are usually supportive of gun rights, while police chiefs usually oppose them?

I've noticed that, too, and exactly for the same reasons you indicate. Sheriffs are political in that they run and are elected, but because of that, they are closer to the folks who actually elected them. Police chiefs are closer to the politicians who appointed them, and are thus a step removed from the common voter, and more beholden to the policies and politics of their appointer than responsible to the people.

That said, I have known of of many good police chiefs, and crappy sheriffs -- it's not a guarantee either way.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    An Indiana Sheriff With A Spine

Not your usual political animal apparently. Sheriff Brad Rogers of Elkhart took a stand for one of his constituents against the feds and brought home a win. Kudos to sheriff Rogers for doing the right thing and standing on his principles. Wish there were more in his profession who would do the same. We'd be a lot better off.

One sheriff stands up for the people he serves – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

Top Bottom