Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

New Report on Police Militarization via The Daily Beast

New report on the sources and rationale for the increased militarization of police in the USA which I thought would be of interest to INGO.

Sources at link:

The Daily Beast, Center for Investigative Reporting Take On Police Militarization | The Agitator
    I ALWAYS approve of the use of haiku

Very good read and all to true.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullDaddy.45 View Post
    At least there was no mention of midget strippers or hookers!!

I cut grass for a living

Expert
    It is disturbing and I don't like it. I can see a use for SWAT teams but I think the problem is how they are used, afterall they have to justify their existence. However, acquiring gear like armored vehicles is excessive.

Another story:

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons - The Daily Beast

Hey, as long as they get home safely at night...

And for that epic confrontation—if it ever occurs—officers can now summon a new $256,643 armored truck, complete with a rotating turret.
    Yeah, but all the cool kids have them.

Those chickens in Fargo better behave themselves.

Bad chickens, bad chickens, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they drive a tank for you.
    I ALWAYS approve of the use of haiku

Plinker
    "Every city squad car is equipped today with a military-style assault rifle, and officers can don Kevlar helmets able to withstand incoming fire from battlefield-grade ammunition."

Yea, I can't imagine why an officer would ever need such gear...actually, I can. Here are a few incidents which immediately come to mind, because they occurred here in Indy.

Officer Down: To the Sound of Guns - Training - LawOfficer.com

Of all the articles that can be found detailing the above incident, this one is probably the most accurate.

Deputy Jason Baker

Suspect with assault rifle opens fire, injures officer - 13 WTHR

While these incidents have all taken place in Indy, there are numerous examples of such attacks on police officers all across the country.

KG1
    Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Yeah, but all the cool kids have them.

Those chickens in Fargo better behave themselves.

Bad chickens, bad chickens, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they drive a tank for you.
    Plus they are coool to have in parades and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TMU317 View Post
    "Every city squad car is equipped today with a military-style assault rifle, and officers can don Kevlar helmets able to withstand incoming fire from battlefield-grade ammunition."

Yea, I can't imagine why an officer would ever need such gear...actually, I can. Here are a few incidents which immediately come to mind, because they occurred here in Indy.

s=11342861&clienttype=printable]Suspect with assault rifle opens fire, injures officer - 13 WTHR[/url]

While these incidents have all taken place in Indy, there are numerous examples of such attacks on police officers all across the country.

Master
    The thing i found most disturbing about this article, was that when the war in Afghan/Iraq first started it was years before our troops had the proper body armer etc to defend themselves. I remember stuff being printed daily about how not every soldier had body armer or various other things that should be issued to each person in our army .... But police officers have no problem getting these things? Article on the body armer...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,101061,00.html
    "God didnt create all men equal, Smith and Wesson did"

Ya know, I really don't fear criminals, I honestly don't, I am prepared for attacks on my person and home. What scares the living piss out of me is the police/government stacking the deck on a daily basis to where non police/government have absolutely NO chance against them, even if they know the are wrong. Makes me want to move as far away from society as possible, dissappear from the face of the Earth. And cops wonder why there is an "us against them" sentiment among the non leos.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast