• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nothing really new here. In many locales they make up stuff all the time, just to get an arrest and make the point that they are the ones in control, not you. Look at all the poor saps that get arrested for the completely legal act of videoing a cop. Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, loitering...all are charges with which the gang members charge innocent people, just to assert their power. These guys got off lucky, this time. There are people languishing in prison cells who haven't been so lucky.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Police investigating the police? Seriously?

Not only will the LEO not be punished for his act but when the lawsuit is settled it will be the taxpayer that will be financially responsible for this disgusting act.

So the Man says we just need to have confidence in the system? Ugh!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    One more reason for all citizens to have at minimum a voice recorder on them at all times. We need to stick together and get these jack booted thugs put behind bars instead of behind badges!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    One more reason for all citizens to have at minimum a voice recorder on them at all times. We need to stick together and get these jack booted thugs put behind bars instead of behind badges!

Sheer curious question - say they are going to go to the trouble of making things up to arrest you... What keeps them from also going to the trouble of recording over your recording on the recorder, or erasing it?

On a cellular phone with a lock/passcode - I could see them not being able to do it if you have the time to hit record and lock the phone, but that also doesn't stop somebody dishonest from "dropping" or "losing" the phone as well.

I don't understand how you can trust a voice recorder to help you, when you are using it to protect you from somebody violating your rights as it is? It's sort of like letting a felon convicted of robbery and theft work for you and then telling him where the video tapes are that record his actions... No?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sheer curious question - say they are going to go to the trouble of making things up to arrest you... What keeps them from also going to the trouble of recording over your recording on the recorder, or erasing it?

On a cellular phone with a lock/passcode - I could see them not being able to do it if you have the time to hit record and lock the phone, but that also doesn't stop somebody dishonest from "dropping" or "losing" the phone as well.

I don't understand how you can trust a voice recorder to help you, when you are using it to protect you from somebody violating your rights as it is? It's sort of like letting a felon convicted of robbery and theft work for you and then telling him where the video tapes are that record his actions... No?
    It's happened many times and there's not a lot you can do to stop it. They steal you recorder/phone/camera when they arrest you and then record over it or delete it. Numerous stories of this happening. If you're lucky you can retrieve digital stuff, like video. If not, then it's your word against theirs and their buddies in the black robes and gray suits are going to trust them 99 out of 100 times.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It's happened many times and there's not a lot you can do to stop it. They steal you recorder/phone/camera when they arrest you and then record over it or delete it. Numerous stories of this happening. If you're lucky you can retrieve digital stuff, like video. If not, then it's your word against theirs and their buddies in the black robes and gray suits are going to trust them 99 out of 100 times.
    That's unfortunate... Looks like I need to build an App for the iPhone to stream your recording to an external source. Destroy the phone, delete the data, that won't remove the recording...

I'm surprised there isn't anything out there already that does this ... then again ... I haven't looked. I will do so.

Objective C isn't very hard, and an Apple Developer's license is only $99, so...

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    That's unfortunate... Looks like I need to build an App for the iPhone to stream your recording to an external source. Destroy the phone, delete the data, that won't remove the recording...

I'm surprised there isn't anything out there already that does this ... then again ... I haven't looked. I will do so.

Objective C isn't very hard, and an Apple Developer's license is only $99, so...

I can't find anything like this for android either. It would be great to have a recording app that uploaded or emailed a recording to you once it's done.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    App Store - Ultimate Voice Recorder

That's for iPhone, you can configure it to auto-upload when the recording stops to FTP or DropBox... What I have in mind is more of a streaming-while-recording. I.e. saved on the phone but also streamed wirelessly to an FTP service while recording just in case the phone becomes damaged/destroyed/lost/etc...

This will do for now. If I have the chance to hit "stop" on the phone, it will upload. If not, I just have to hope that the phone doesn't get lost/stolen/broken/etc.

Edit: Doing some testing to see if I set a Max Record Time of something like 2 hours - if it will upload automatically at the end even if the phone is locked. If it will, I feel a 2 hour delay is fine :). Annnnnd nope, I will have to leave the application in the foreground for it to upload, or manually go to the app and hit "stop". Better than nothing but still not ideal.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Won't it? Speed-dial my own phone and let it record the action, and it is all preserved until I delete it at home. No??

I suppose that's one option unless your cellular carrier drops the connection and you're no longer recording to your voice mail... Or you hit that ... what is it ... 2 minute limit?

I'm going to set my phone to auto-lock with a passcode. Best case I have a chance to hit the stop button and it uploads. Middle ground is I don't get to make it upload, but when I get my phone back I have a pretty good recording on there. Worst case is that my phone goes missing or is otherwise destroyed.

Hopefully I never actually have to use one of these recordings for anything, but better have it and not need it than the other way around.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm pretty sure there was an app that was talked about here awhile back that streams it to the web in almost real time. Something similar to what iCloud does.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah, UStream is nice as well, I have both on the front page of my iPhone. The nice thing about UStream is that it does stream right to their servers as it records. I need something like this for Audio only that streams to an FTP server... Guess I'll have to code one up.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

It's not foolproof by any means. Just 1 option.

Top Bottom