• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I think its funny a few of the comments are people nicely asking Remi to leave NY and move to their state.

I would love to see them move here. Id leave my super simple tech support job to go work for them.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Just Remington? Why not Dan Wesson, Kimber, Marlin, Winchester, any of the GSG guns, etc., too?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Man that would be awesome if they left and came here. Imagine buying a remington shotgun that said made in Indiana.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I don't understand how stamping a casing is going to help solve a crime :dunno: Please enligthen me.

Looks as though they put a fancy little mark on the firing pin, when the pin strikes the bullet, it leaves the fancy little mark on the bullet. LEO's find a bullet with for example has a § pressed into the back of the bullet, they then search for the gun that has a § in the firing pin. Then bing bang boom they have the killer.

linky linky

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Looks as though they put a fancy little mark on the firing pin, when the pin strikes the bullet, it leaves the fancy little mark on the bullet. LEO's find a bullet with for example has a § pressed into the back of the bullet, they then search for the gun that has a § in the firing pin. Then bing bang boom they have the killer.

linky linky
    1. They've found the firing pin, not the gun nor the killer
    2. With the vast majority of firearms, you can already accomplish bullet matching with a particular barrel
    3. Bullet matching and micro stamping would require processing at a crime lap, it's not going to be like running a VIN to find a car.
    3. the legislation is about as effective as banning 12 round magazines with the concept that 10 round magazines decrease crime and are "pro law-enforcement"

Personally, I'd like to see all firearms manufacturers move out of NY, MA, CT, CA, IL and other anti-gun states to areas that will appreciate their presence; and yes I do consider the location of a company before deciding when I am voting with my wallet. It is not a primary concern, but a factor considered before purchase is made.

And if they move to IN, we even have the perfect town set aside for them.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I wasn't debating for or against that the tech was. i was merely explaining it as simply as possible so the nice fellow would understand what it was.

I agree with you. I don't think it would help.

Also, I do NOT agree with the location on the sole fact that it is too far for me to commute to.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    i still can't believe the majority of the gun companies are in anti-gun states.

Armalite is out of Illinois, the most gun friedly state there is, I don't know what you're talking about.

Just an example^^

It would be cool for Remington to move to Indiana, but imagine working for them for 30 years then canning you without warning (like they did with the Marlin guys).

Or picture Thompson Center. When they left the old town they were in (forgot the name) and moved to the Smith and Wesson plant, it killed the town. Number 1 employer in the town, everyone gets fired, no cash flow, kills the town.

Them leaving New York would be a great F.U. to the mayor, but it could possibly kill the city they've been located out of for 150 years.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Armalite is out of Illinois, the most gun friedly state there is, I don't know what you're talking about.

Just an example^^

It would be cool for Remington to move to Indiana, but imagine working for them for 30 years then canning you without warning (like they did with the Marlin guys).

Or picture Thompson Center. When they left the old town they were in (forgot the name) and moved to the Smith and Wesson plant, it killed the town. Number 1 employer in the town, everyone gets fired, no cash flow, kills the town.

Them leaving New York would be a great F.U. to the mayor, but it could possibly kill the city they've been located out of for 150 years.

Support is a two-way street. If the state wants to be non-friendly to a 150 year employer, what loyalty does Remington then owe them?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Indiana would be more than happy to have you, Remington.

Of course , we may want to query your thoughts on secession.

Top Bottom