Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    Maybe we can get Mitch to drop Remington a note? Indiana would welcome them!

DST paying off finally?
    Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

DST paying off finally?
    Now we've done it. You've summoned the Monster DST thread. Ohhh, man, duck and cover . . .

El Tejon? What does that mean?

Ted
    Shooter
    I was against it initially, but I have both personally and professionally benefited from DST, more than I care to admit.

Everyone now keep their head down from the return fire.

Microstamping is NOT about solving crime or taking guns off the street. It is about one thing, and one thing only, Registration.
    With out a gun registration it would not be effective, even if the technology of it all was good.

Any politition that spouts off at the mouth about how microstamping is "sensible" or "resonable" because it is going to help "support crime-fighters" (BTW, when did LEO's get elevated to superhero status?), is full of bull pucky. All they want is gun registration because they know that in order for the system to work there has to be registration, and in order for them to take ALL guns away there has to be registration.

Oh and can someone please tell me if in fact these two states have microstamping tech laws?
    He said gun manufacturers didn’t leave California and Massachusetts when those states enacted ballistic identification rules.
    -A mind is like a Parachute... It works best when opened.

Quote Originally Posted by SideArmed View Post
    Microstamping is NOT about solving crime or taking guns off the street. It is about one thing, and one thing only, Registration.
    With out a gun registration it would not be effective, even if the technology of it all was good.

Any politition that spouts off at the mouth about how microstamping is "sensible" or "resonable" because it is going to help "support crime-fighters" (BTW, when did LEO's get elevated to superhero status?), is full of bull pucky. All they want is gun registration because they know that in order for the system to work there has to be registration, and in order for them to take ALL guns away there has to be registration.

Oh and can someone please tell me if in fact these two states have microstamping tech laws?
    Careful questioning the status of LEO as some around here do not care for it as I can attest (though I agree with your assessment).

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    102 years ago. The NY Sullivan Act was placed into law in 1911.
    The Sullivan Act: Some History about Gun Control Conservative Libertarian Outpost

Didn't know the Sullivan Act. I did find it interesting, assuming this article is factual, that the act itself was desired by criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo97 View Post
    Careful questioning the status of LEO as some around here do not care for it as I can attest (though I agree with your assessment).
    I think most everyone around here will agree that LEO's are not superheroes, as the article would like to lead the reader to believe. Or more correctly "crime-fighters", I apologize if my attempt at humor was lost on some.
    -A mind is like a Parachute... It works best when opened.

oops
    Last edited by nemo97; 03-27-2012 at 19:07. Reason: double posted by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_0311 View Post
    FIFY
    So just pick up your empty casings or use a revolver. Not real effective just another way to control and drive cost up. to NY
    Could you just replace the firing pin or even smooth off the one imprinted?

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt556 View Post
    Could you just replace the firing pin or even smooth off the one imprinted?
    Yes among many other problems. How about collecting cases at the range and dumping one at the crime scene to frame an innocent person?

More problems with microstamping here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast