Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Getting the Government’s Permission to Work

Happens all over the place. You choose a profession and then need the governments permission to actually work in it. And they usually charge you for the privilege of being allowed to work in your chosen profession. Might be something as simple as washing hair in a salon or as complex as being an EMT, but you still have to get their permission to work. Some places are worse than others for it, too. Hopefully we'll get government out of this business one of these days, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

Getting the Government’s Permission to Work | The Agitator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Jr8qHv4hCVw

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    Happens all over the place. You choose a profession and then need the governments permission to actually work in it. And they usually charge you for the privilege of being allowed to work in your chosen profession. Might be something as simple as washing hair in a salon or as complex as being an EMT, but you still have to get their permission to work. Some places are worse than others for it, too. Hopefully we'll get government out of this business one of these days, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

Getting the Government’s Permission to Work | The Agitator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Jr8qHv4hCVw

Think maybe this is part of the plan which is to keep more and more people dependent on Uncle Sam for their existence?

You know it's bad when capable 16 year olds need a work permit from their school before even considering applying for a job. Why does the school care? They should butt out of my personal life and do what they're supposed to do and teach me and all the other prisone..err students things we won't use at all after we graduate.
    Gray man

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Think maybe this is part of the plan which is to keep more and more people dependent on Uncle Sam for their existence?
    To an extent, sure. But, in these cases it's the states doing the deed and setting barriers in place.

But the states are just following their "marching orders". If push ever really came to shove the illusion of states rights would go up in smoke. Look at what the almighty Federal Government does to the supposed sovereign states rights already.

Is any state prepared to sustain itself without Federal monies that they see fit to return to that state? Only one I can think of was Colorado... wasn't it? Didn't they propose to hold and refuse to send monies collected to Washington in some sort of escrow account?

Plinker
    Sounds just like communism to me and yet ''WE The People'' keep putting the same ole men back in congress that keep making the non-American laws. Makes since why our history involves a civil war. And as we all know,history repeats itself.

I'm actually thankful that medical professionals have to pay to renew licensure. They also have to prove that they've worked and done inservincing/continuing education.

you wouldn't want a guy out of being a medic for 10 years, to come out and try to give you morphine for a heart attack would you?

Not EVERYTHING is bad regarding this. I do agree that the hair salon one is a bit rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Double T View Post
    I'm actually thankful that medical professionals have to pay to renew licensure. They also have to prove that they've worked and done inservincing/continuing education.

you wouldn't want a guy out of being a medic for 10 years, to come out and try to give you morphine for a heart attack would you?

Not EVERYTHING is bad regarding this. I do agree that the hair salon one is a bit rediculous.
    The free market would shut these type of folks down real quick. Wrongful death lawsuits, very bad reputations and such.

Just because a doctor has a license from the STATE does not make him worth a pile of dog excrement. 17 years ago we fired our family doctor and put my son in the hospital the next day because our current doctor cared about his future patient/patients. Needless to say we still use the same doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

Quote Originally Posted by Double T View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykid68 View Post
    The free market would shut these type of folks down real quick. Wrongful death lawsuits, very bad reputations and such.
    Yes, but you wouldn't want your one-year-old daughter to be victim #1 on the way to said suit.

However, lawyers should not have to take the bar exam, assuming they actually graduated from an accredited law school (another boondoggle that).

This seems ridiculous, just a way of controlling the market. Not ensuring quality...
    Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

I think J_Wales states it very nicely, the State and the people that represent the State these days are a bunch of statist pigs
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast