• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Happens all over the place. You choose a profession and then need the governments permission to actually work in it. And they usually charge you for the privilege of being allowed to work in your chosen profession. Might be something as simple as washing hair in a salon or as complex as being an EMT, but you still have to get their permission to work. Some places are worse than others for it, too. Hopefully we'll get government out of this business one of these days, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

Getting the Government’s Permission to Work | The Agitator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jr8qHv4hCVw

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Happens all over the place. You choose a profession and then need the governments permission to actually work in it. And they usually charge you for the privilege of being allowed to work in your chosen profession. Might be something as simple as washing hair in a salon or as complex as being an EMT, but you still have to get their permission to work. Some places are worse than others for it, too. Hopefully we'll get government out of this business one of these days, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

Getting the Government’s Permission to Work | The Agitator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jr8qHv4hCVw

Think maybe this is part of the plan which is to keep more and more people dependent on Uncle Sam for their existence?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    You know it's bad when capable 16 year olds need a work permit from their school before even considering applying for a job. Why does the school care? They should butt out of my personal life and do what they're supposed to do and teach me and all the other prisone..err students things we won't use at all after we graduate.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    But the states are just following their "marching orders". If push ever really came to shove the illusion of states rights would go up in smoke. Look at what the almighty Federal Government does to the supposed sovereign states rights already.

Is any state prepared to sustain itself without Federal monies that they see fit to return to that state? Only one I can think of was Colorado... wasn't it? Didn't they propose to hold and refuse to send monies collected to Washington in some sort of escrow account?:dunno:

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Sounds just like communism to me and yet ''WE The People'' keep putting the same ole men back in congress that keep making the non-American laws. Makes since why our history involves a civil war. And as we all know,history repeats itself.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm actually thankful that medical professionals have to pay to renew licensure. They also have to prove that they've worked and done inservincing/continuing education.

you wouldn't want a guy out of being a medic for 10 years, to come out and try to give you morphine for a heart attack would you?

Not EVERYTHING is bad regarding this. I do agree that the hair salon one is a bit rediculous.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm actually thankful that medical professionals have to pay to renew licensure. They also have to prove that they've worked and done inservincing/continuing education.

you wouldn't want a guy out of being a medic for 10 years, to come out and try to give you morphine for a heart attack would you?

Not EVERYTHING is bad regarding this. I do agree that the hair salon one is a bit rediculous.

The free market would shut these type of folks down real quick. Wrongful death lawsuits, very bad reputations and such.

Just because a doctor has a license from the STATE does not make him worth a pile of dog excrement. 17 years ago we fired our family doctor and put my son in the hospital the next day because our current doctor cared about his future patient/patients. Needless to say we still use the same doctor.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

The free market would shut these type of folks down real quick. Wrongful death lawsuits, very bad reputations and such.

Yes, but you wouldn't want your one-year-old daughter to be victim #1 on the way to said suit.

However, lawyers should not have to take the bar exam, assuming they actually graduated from an accredited law school (another boondoggle that).

This seems ridiculous, just a way of controlling the market. Not ensuring quality...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And lawyers should not have to take the bar exam, assuming they actually graduated from an accredited law school (another boondoggle that).

This seems ridiculous, just a way of controlling the market. Not ensuring quality...

That one chaps my ass just as bad. Get charged by the State, Prosecuted by said State and defended by someone that is licensed by same said State

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Dislike.

Hospitals have a vested interest in hiring qualified people. Standards don't need to be government imposed.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

As someone with experience in Medicine from EMS to definitive care in the hospital and OR. I can tell you the illusion you are under is a delusion that these licenses and certifications do much more than generate revenue and provide jobs for bureaucrats.

Since you mentioned EMT, In Indiana you need a 80% pass the class. 70% to pass the State certification test. Recert is laughable.

Question- What do you call someone who finished last in their medical school?

Answer- Doctor.

Government enables the turds of medicine to continue working.

The only thing government should be doing in regards to this is prosecuting fraud (which is an age old crime) should someone represent themselves to be something they aren't.

Example of insanity- A dentist doesn't renew his license on Jan 2 2012. On Jan 3, 2012 said retired dentist cleans the teeth of a person.

According to the government, On Jan 1 2012, the dentist was a competent professional. A day latter, he is a dangerous, incompetent criminal.

The free market can, and has, done a spectacular job. The failings we have seen are all a result of government meddling and a LACK of a free market.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Think of the Underwriter Laboratories label on electronic appliances. They are a private group that gives their (trusted) seal of approval and this has been found to be very trustworthy. Now, look at ALLLLLLLLL of the government agencies we have (had) in place to protect us from financial fraud and theft and we still have the TBTF banks plundering us and our children out of trillions upon trillions of dollars. And this is but one example! Don't fall for the conditioning (brainwashing) that the government has our best interests in mind ......

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Think of the Underwriter Laboratories label on electronic appliances. They are a private group that gives their (trusted) seal of approval and this has been found to be very trustworthy. Now, look at ALLLLLLLLL of the government agencies we have (had) in place to protect us from financial fraud and theft and we still have the TBTF banks plundering us and our children out of trillions upon trillions of dollars. And this is but one example! Don't fall for the conditioning (brainwashing) that the government has our best interests in mind ......

Maybe UL should be supervising the financial industry as well.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Actually there was a bill last year to remove licensing requirements from cosmetologists/barbers, dieticians, private investigators, hearing aid dealers . You should of heard how loudly they screamed to keep the licensing. The cosmologist mainly. The bill was H.R. 1006. The bills author(Rep Wolkin) stated he wrote it because he believed in less govt. :yesway: but pulled it over the outcry.
    Indiana cosmetology bill killed

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    They just want a way to charge you money for nothing but a piece of paper with their letterhead on it and to justify more Gov. workers with cushey jobs.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

For the hundread of thousands that have suffered from medical mistakes at the hands of licensed professionals I call BS.

Top Bottom