Smoking Gun: Democrat Insider Says "Obama Has Secret Plan to Fund a Patronage System"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Absolutely Shocking :xmad:

YouTube - Smoking Gun: Democrat Insider Says "Obama Has Secret Plan to Fund a Patronage System"

THE STIMULUS AS PATRONAGE SYSTEM? “It’s a job-capturing system, the same one they have in Chicago…..
    Published 2 days ago by Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit
    ... THE STIMULUS AS PATRONAGE SYSTEM? “It’s a job-capturing system, the same one they have in Chicago… everyone’s asking ‘why isn’t that money being release until 2011 and 2012?’ Because it needs to be released at a time that’s close to the election.” ...

Obama Predicts Doom If Trillion Dollar Spendulus Is Not Passed to Counter 1.9% Dip In GDP
    Published 2 days ago by Gateway Pundit (noreply@blogger.com) at Gateway Pundit
    ... Maybe there is some truth to this report that the Spendulus Package is really just a plan to fund a permanent Democratic patronage system.

Only One-Tenth Of Stimulus Package Will Be Spent in 2009
    Published 48 hours ago by Gateway Pundit (noreply@blogger.com) at Gateway Pundit
    ... without the stimulus anyway. That means nearly a trillion dollars will be spent in 2010 and beyond on Democratic pet projects. There are even reports the spending is to provide funding for a permanent Democratic patronage system. ...

The Stimulus: Pork Or Patronage?
    Published 46 hours ago by nicedeb at Nice Deb
    ... Doug Ross heard this interesting tidbit from “Chicago Bob” calling into a radio talk show: I was in a meeting after Obama got elected and I was told by the Democratic officials in that meeting that we were gonna give billions of dollars that was gonna come down the pike, our way, and what we were to do with it was we were supposed to do with it… We are gonna build an army of Democratic patronage jobs…. gonna completely freeze up the Republicans forever and ever… ...

THE CHICAGO MACHINE RUNS THE WHITE HOUSE AND WROTE THE STIMULUS PACKAGE: "IT'S A DEMOCRAT PATRONAGE BILL"
    Published 37 hours ago by Reliapundit (noreply@blogger.com) at THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS
    DOUG HAS THE DETAILS; EXCERPT: "... I was in a meeting after Obama got elected and I was told by the Democratic officials in that meeting that we were gonna give billions of dollars that was gonna come down the pike, our way, and what we were to do with it was we were supposed to do with it... We are gonna build an army of Democratic patronage jobs.... gonna completely freeze up the Republicans forever and ever... It's a job-capturing system, the same one they have in Chicago... everyone's asking 'why isn't that money ...

Obama the Malaise-Master
    Published 32 hours ago by TheAnchoress at The Anchoress
    ... You don’t end wars…you win them or lose them. Which, btw, no one is mentioning it but…THERE IS A STUNNING VICTORY IN IRAQ which cannot be mentioned because it happened without the Democrats on board. Sorry, sorry, but these questions will continue to be asked: What WOULD they have said if Bush had done this? 50 De-stimulating facts The Nelson-Collins A Democrat-Patronage System? Giving the term “census-taker” a whole new meaning ...
    Related: obama stimulus approval rasmussen, stimulus plan details

Related Blog Posts
    Evaluating Geithner’s Financial Stabilization Plan

Posted 46 hours ago on Firedoglake
    Treasury Secretary Geithner has pushed back his announcement of the details of his plan to stabilize the banks to Tuesday , wishing to not throw another controversy into the middle of Congress's debate on the stimulus. The details of Geithner's plan are as important as the details of the ...
    OBAMA SINKS IN POLLS OVER STIMULUS: “The partisan debate over an economic stimulus package has push…

Posted 2 days ago on Instapundit
    OBAMA SINKS IN POLLS OVER STIMULUS: “The partisan debate over an economic stimulus package has pushed President Barack Obama’s Job Approval Ratings down over the past week. The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Approval Index for Sunday shows that 36% of the nation’s voters now ...
    Obama's Ratings Dropping

Posted 2 days ago on Little Green Footballs
    According to Rasmussen Reports, Barack Obama’s approval ratings are dropping fast: Daily Presidential Approval Index . The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Approval Index for Sunday shows that 36% of the nation’s voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is ...
    Columbus Dispatch Picks its Pork

Posted 6 days ago on Angry Bear
    Well not really, they just repeat some talking points without giving details. (via Dean Baker) Stimulus plan should focus on private-sector jobs, not increased social spending Also, the $300 billion targeted for social programs, many of them Democratic favorites, would not generate much ...
    GRITtv Talks about the Stimulus Plan

Posted 7 days ago on The Latest on Air America
    With record numbers of job losses mounting month after month the stimulus plan is being judged on whether it will both create jobs and stop the hemorrhaging. As the Senate wrangles over the details of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the debate has been largely reduced to one of ...

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    :spend::spend: The DemocRat Way.

:rolleyes: It's the politicians way.

Bush & his Republican colleagues in Congress presided over the biggest increase in national debt in history. Anybody remember the Alaskan "bridge to nowhere". Just because your memory is selective doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You don't think that Bush hiring a bunch of his buddies from Texas or the Neo-cons or the people from past Republican administrations wasn't some kind of a "patronage system". :dunno: Come on.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Bush & his Republican colleagues in Congress presided over the biggest increase in national debt in history. Anybody remember the Alaskan "bridge to nowhere". Just because your memory is selective doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You don't think that Bush hiring a bunch of his buddies from Texas or the Neo-cons or the people from past Republican administrations wasn't some kind of a "patronage system". :dunno: Come on.
    Finity, I know its very very hard for you but please try to grasp reality occasionally

If the Pelosi-Obama-Reid Trillion Dollar Debt Plan Were a Country…

• category_199.gif
      Posted February 3rd, 2009 at 9.49am in Ongoing Priorities.
    which country would it be? Just so we can all wrap our heads around how big President Obama’s Trillion-Dollar Debt Plan is, this graphic compares the pre-Senate debt plan costs with the GDPs of major nations:
    obama-debt-plan-size2.jpg

Just think of it: The deficit-spending package passed by House Democrats already is bigger than 168 of the 180 national economies measured by the World Bank. Now, in the Senate, it threatens to break into the Top 10 by catching up with Russia (No. 11) and then Brazil (No. 10).

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Finity, I know its very very hard for you but please try to grasp reality occasionally

I know its hard for you but could you try to be just a little less rude occasionally. Reading what I actually write would also help occasionally.

I didn't say that the bailout was necessarily good. I didn't say the bailout wasn't freaking huge. I have no idea why you felt the need to reply with what you did.

Lets try again. Here's what I wrote:

It's the politicians way.

Nothing there about the bailout. I said Bush & the Republicans presided over the largest increase in national debt in history. That is a fact.

The current portion of the bailout is huge. However, Bush asked for & got $700 billion in his last 2 months in office that he then directly distributed half to the financial sector with no questions asked & no oversight who then decided to use the nice little windfall to fund huge executive salaries & extravagant corporate trips (Thanks Georgie!). I think his Treasury Secretary was in charge of what was actually done with the money once it was approved. That is on top of the accumulated almost $9 Trillion (up from only around $5 Trillion at the end of Clintons term in which it only rose less than $1 Trillion over 8 years) over his previous 8 years.

As a matter of fact, the debt has shown its historically steepest increase during the last 30 years with the exception of the Clinton years when it started to flatten out somewhat. IOW, the debt was at ~$1T when Reagan took office (which included the costs of all previous wars including both World Wars) & now stands at over $10T

For more interesting commentary on National Debt history see:

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

This in addition to hiring his personal buddies from his years in Texas & the Neo-cons from his "daddy's" administration & the cries of patronage! & Defecit Spending! from the cons here about Obama ring a little hollow.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know its hard for you but could you try to be just a little less rude occasionally. Reading what I actually write would also help occasionally.

I didn't say that the bailout was necessarily good. I didn't say the bailout wasn't freaking huge. I have no idea why you felt the need to reply with what you did.

Obama made me do it :rolleyes:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008

I'm just as mad at Bush as I am at Obama, but I will be even more upset if for the next eight years every criticism of The Lightbringer invokes a comparison to Bush. Who is holding up Bush as the ideal to whom all presidents should strive?

Furthermore, there is a difference between political appointments and patronage. Political appointments are like cabinet positions, where every incoming administration appoints their own leaders to the major government departments. And yes, every administration has done this for years going back. It is acceptable for a president to come in and want to form his own team to run the executive branch.

What Obama appears to be doing is a bit of a different animal, which is creating vast new spending programs and staffing them with his cronies, and diverting billions in taxpayer money to liberal interest groups like ACORN. This is a feature of sleazy government. It is exactly how things are done in Chicago - I know because I used to live there. These folks will dig in and burrow deep, and we probably won't be rid of them in the forseeable future. If you like the way Chicago is run, you are going to love the New America.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm just as mad at Bush as I am at Obama, but I will be even more upset if for the next eight years every criticism of The Lightbringer invokes a comparison to Bush. Who is holding up Bush as the ideal to whom all presidents should strive?

Furthermore, there is a difference between political appointments and patronage. Political appointments are like cabinet positions, where every incoming administration appoints their own leaders to the major government departments. And yes, every administration has done this for years going back. It is acceptable for a president to come in and want to form his own team to run the executive branch.

What Obama appears to be doing is a bit of a different animal, which is creating vast new spending programs and staffing them with his cronies, and diverting billions in taxpayer money to liberal interest groups like ACORN. This is a feature of sleazy government. It is exactly how things are done in Chicago - I know because I used to live there. These folks will dig in and burrow deep, and we probably won't be rid of them in the forseeable future. If you like the way Chicago is run, you are going to love the New America.

I lived there too. It is impossible to be in Chicago politics without being a crooked SOB.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009

And Obamy hiring all of the past Clinton people isn't some kind of "patronage system?:dunno: Come on.I just love it when people use names like"Neo-cons:patriot:

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

My main point in the comparison is to show the similarities to the die hard Bush/Republican supporters that there really isn't as much difference between the two groups in a lot of ways as they are now trying to act like there is. I just really hate the "it's OK for my guy to do it but if the other side does it its un-American" BS.

Most of the anti-Obama crowd wanted McCain to win. McCain had become just a lite version of Bush, therefore I would think it is safe to assume that in their minds Obama should strive to be more like McCain who is like Bush. Hence the comparison.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    My main point in the comparison is to show the similarities to the die hard Bush/Republican supporters that there really isn't as much difference between the two groups in a lot of ways as they are now trying to act like there is. I just really hate the "it's OK for my guy to do it but if the other side does it its un-American" BS.

Most of the anti-Obama crowd wanted McCain to win. McCain had become just a lite version of Bush, therefore I would think it is safe to assume that in their minds Obama should strive to be more like McCain who is like Bush. Hence the comparison.

I get it, Obama is Karl Marx Lite :rolleyes:

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I voted for Charles Baldwin, the only pro-Life, pro 2nd Amendment, pro-American running for President. And yes, i wrote him in.

I agree, McCain would have been terrible, and his policies pretty irresponsible (nearly half the voters paying no taxes, no position on abortion or 2nd amendment).
    I agree, Bush was terrible (worst president since Clinton).

But i think we can stick to being the few critiquing the O-man, rather than joining the millions of idiots who had plenty of things to say about Bush. The O-man is a communist. The people need to hear that. The people need to know that communism is not good for America. At this point beating on black and blue Dubya helps no one.
    :horse:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    And Obamy hiring all of the past Clinton people isn't some kind of "patronage system?:dunno: Come on.I just love it when people use names like"Neo-cons:patriot:

I didn't say that it wasn't. I said all politicians do it. If you read my post you would have seen that.

Why howl & cry about it now as if Obama is somehow worse when he does it compared to past Presidents. So far he has done very little different from past Presidents since he has been in office.

And, umm, the Neo-cons called themselves that. Its not some dirty word. Unless of course you believe it is, kind of like (gasp!) "liberal".

Top Bottom