• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On July 31st, the House of Representatives passed a bill (261-116) that ends the consent process for Presidential appointees by the U.S. Senate. The Senate passed this overwhelmingly in 2011. The President is expected to sign this into law.

Why would the Congress abrogate its Constitutional duty to consent authority of presidential appointments? 95 House Republicans voted FOR this dereliction. The Senate was a voice vote, so no roll call. Our government is behaving... oddly to say the least.

I think this is worth noting. We are one step closer to a Caesar.

More:
    House Passes Bill Eliminating Senate Approval of Presidential Appointments – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    This is troubling to say the least.....How many things like this go past us without our even noticing? I hope somehow this info is incorrect.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I just cursorily ran a couple of the hyperlinks and didn't see the list of Republicans who voted for this measure. The House Republican leadership should be horsewhipped for letting the vote go forward and every House member who voted for it should be impeached.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Repubs ought to love this bill. It's not like the repubs have the balls to actually take part in the ADVISE part of advise and consent. Now the dems won't be able to fillibuster Romney's nominees.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have no television service....Never watched MSNBC at all.But I was eating in a restaurant that had this on and they were espousing the idea that the greatest threat to our nation is "Home-grown terrorist groups" Why IS our Government so afraid of it's citizens,(or subjects)?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have no television service....Never watched MSNBC at all.But I was eating in a restaurant that had this on and they were espousing the idea that the greatest threat to our nation is "Home-grown terrorist groups" Why IS our Government so afraid of it's citizens,(or subjects)?

It is very understandable human nature. When you are ruthlessly screwing over someone who hasn't figured it out yet, you will most likely live in the fear of how they might react when they figure it out.

Top Bottom