• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everyone wants to sit on the throne and tell others what to do.

Hoosier-born Radley Balko advocates yet again for the carbon tax and links to Ezra "Long Time Ago" Klein's pimping of the carbon tax.

Leave my motor vehicles, and my health care, alone, Libertarians! We all cannot fly around on the Millennium Falcon, although I am certain they want to tax that too.

Some Morning Links | The Agitator

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    "Libertarians"? Hmmm...maybe you fell down the stairs one too many times. Radley is A libertarian, who apparently has an opinion on carbon taxes, which he doesn't explain. Could just as well have said he was a baptist or Rotarian. Take it and run with it, tho, if soothes the raging Wookie in you.

Ezra Klein on the carbon tax. This is a tax that I, a libertarian, support. Someday, when I’m done writing this book, I’ll put up a post explaining why.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I wasn't aware that this blogger represented the LP.

Its not the first time I've disagreed with something he blogged about. He's best when writing about the police state.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All these Libertarians are never libertarians it seems like. The Presidential and VP candidates are never real libertarians. Random people I have never heard of that Kirk posts about, who have identified themselves as libertarians and apparently, without correction, have done so for years aren't real libertarians... This all seems pretty murky. Is there a ring, a card, a handshake... something we can use to identify the real ones?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Meanwhile, Republicans have nominated a guy who has actually signed a carbon tax law in 2005 and who supports GLOBAL Cap-and-Trade. That would be CPAC winner, Mitt Romney.

When Romney was crafting his carbon taxes in Massachusetts, he took advice from radicals like John Holdren, advocate of forced abortions and human depopulation. source: Investors.com
    The GOP front-runner for 2012 sought advice on global warming and carbon emissions from the president's current science czar — an advocate of de-developing America and population control.

He views humanity as a plague on the planet and the Industrial Revolution as a tragic mistake. The fewer people, he believes, the better, and he's not shy about the ways he would use to reduce their number.

On Jan. 1, 2006, Massachusetts became the first state to regulate CO2 emissions from power plants, something the Obama administration is trying to do to all states through the Environmental Protection Agency's draconian job-killing regulations and mandates.

A Dec. 7, 2005 memo from the governor's office announcing the new policy listed among the "environmental and policy experts" providing input to the policy one "John Holdren, professor of environmental policy at Harvard University."

This is the same person who wrote that a "massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States."

Holdren has spoken in favor of such things as forced abortions, confiscation of babies, mass involuntary sterilization, bureaucratic regulation of family size, and a planetary regime to enforce climate regulation and population control.

Romney, speaking at a University of New Hampshire town hall on June 3, said: "I don't speak for the scientific community, of course, but I believe the world's getting warmer. I can't prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer. And number two, I believe that humans contribute to that."
    When asked, Romney candidly admits that he supports Global Carbon Taxes. Let's hope the UN doesn't propose something like this, because we already know he's on board.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGpLOKtQDA[/ame]

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ah. Can't defend your own position so you attack Romney! A page out of the Obama play book. Well done. If "a" republican takes a position you blame the whole party BUT if "a libertarian takes a position it's a lone extremist is it? I see. No hypocrisy at all Rambone and Mr. Jarrell. All revolutions become the establishment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ah. Can't defend your own position so you attack Romney! A page out of the Obama play book. Well done. If "a" republican takes a position you blame the whole party BUT if "a libertarian takes a position it's a lone extremist is it? I see. No hypocrisy at all Rambone and Mr. Jarrell. All revolutions become the establishment.
    There is no position to defend. One individual has mentioned, in passing, that he's in favour of a carbon tax. He didn't even explain why he was, he just mentioned it and the wookies came out of the woodwork, as usual. Come back to this if and when Radley explains his position on the carbon tax. As for me, I'm not in favour of a carbon tax or any taxes, but the minarchist case can be made for certain taxes (like gas taxes). Now maybe you can get back to Dr Phil. As for attacking Romney, why not? He actually implemented a carbon tax and you're going to vote for him while attacking Radly for mentioning a carbon tax. Who's the real hypocrite?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Libertarians (small 'l') share an ideology.

Republicans share a party.

They are not comparable and this is not hypocrisy.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

My own position? Hypocrisy? OBAMA'S PLAYBOOK, LOL!!

My name is not listed on the top of that blog. I also pointed out that this blogger does not hold an office or speak for a political party. And I definitely disagree with some of the things he has written.

He's a dude on the internet with an opinion. A blogger. That's a bit different that weighing the statements and record of the 2012 Republican Party Nominee.

Hypocrisy would be flailing your arms about Obama but then getting defensive about Romney, who does the same damn things. (He even hires the same radical environmentalists to help him oppress the country with regulations.)

Kirk likes to pigeonhole giant groups of people by finding one guy with an opinion and assigning it to everyone. He does it over and over again. He sets up false premises this way and tries to knock them down using his faulty logic. Strawman arguments don't come any more obvious.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    There is no position to defend. One individual has mentioned, in passing, that he's in favour of a carbon tax. He didn't even explain why he was, he just mentioned it and the wookies came out of the woodwork, as usual. Come back to this if and when Radley explains his position on the carbon tax. As for me, I'm not in favour of a carbon tax or any taxes, but the minarchist case can be made for certain taxes (like gas taxes). Now maybe you can get back to Dr Phil. As for attacking Romney, why not? He actually implemented a carbon tax and you're going to vote for him while attacking Radly for mentioning a carbon tax. Who's the real hypocrite?

Lol @ you. I haven't voiced my opinion either way regarding a carbon tax ergo it is impossible for me to be a hypocrite. Secondly, this was a thread about libertarians wanting to tax. While I agree it is appropriate to criticize Romney or anyone else for their policies if you disagree with them, it was a blatant attempt to disregard the libertarians view by changing the topic to Romney.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oh. My bad. I didn't realize there was no such thing as a libertarian party. Lol.

I think I really need to break this down for you.

Kirk is taking a single libertarian (small "l") and attempting to argue that his views represent the views of the rest of the libertarians (also small "l"). The reality is that libertianism is an ideal, not a group. It varies by person.

Rambone pointed out that the leading Republican candidate has the same stance as the stance being used here to attempt to malign libertarians.

The important difference is that Republicans are part of a party, not an ideal. In supporting that party, you are supporting this man who supports carbon taxes. Libertarians are not.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    uDCUn.gif

Top Bottom