• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Professor Glenn Reynolds, University of Tennessee, School of Law, puts the kybosh to the silly secession chatter and gets to the heart of the matter: the federal government does too much, return to the Constitution.

We are off the map and headed for parts unknown at great loss of many things, time to dig the map out of the glove box.

Column: A solution to secession fever -- federalism

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Professor Glenn Reynolds, University of Tennessee, School of Law, puts the kybosh to the silly secession chatter and gets to the heart of the matter: the federal government does too much, return to the Constitution.

We are off the map and headed for parts unknown at great loss of many things, time to dig the map out of the glove box.

Column: A solution to secession fever -- federalism

At this point do you expect the federal government to yield the powers it has aggrandized unto itself?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    That is the flaw in this idea. Most of us would be happy with true Federalism but I don't see the Washington machine having ANY incentive to give up any of the power and control it has gained. On the contrary I see the Fed looking to continue on the current path leading to a near totalitarian end.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    At this point do you expect the federal government to yield the powers it has aggrandized unto itself?

The federal government was never intended by the Founding Fathers to police itself. The states have the policing authority under the Tenth Amendment and nullification is what the process is called. Since 2006, states have "nullified" the Real Id Act and the NAIS. These unconstitutional laws were nevel repealed at the federal level yet so many states banned the implementation of the two laws within their borders that they were rendered ineffective. The states are begining to nullify ObamaCare too. Anyone ever heard of Thomas Jefferson and the Kentucky Resolutions?

Jefferson’s Arguments for Nullification and Limited Government – Tenth Amendment Center

Last edited:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Didnt we give federalism a try. That's when people solved their differences with duels.

Society is so much better now than back then. Now I can just use swating to solve my problems because I am a coward.:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unless you want to carry there.

My brother was telling me, effective five next year, they were actually going to "enhance" their testing for passing their CCW tests. He said the shooting part of the test was going to be more stringent...whatever that means.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My brother was telling me, effective five next year, they were actually going to "enhance" their testing for passing their CCW tests. He said the shooting part of the test was going to be more stringent...whatever that means.
    It means you'll have to demonstrate the ability to hit a target at 5ft. LOTS of states already have a skills test requirement. I'm actually fine with it, as long as they're going to ignore the 2a why not at least make certain people know how to shoot...sort of.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom