Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It's a little easier to understand when you can see it in a list......Rx drugs..

Last edited by lovemywoods; 01-15-2013 at 10:44. Reason: Removed copyrighted material. Put in link.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist

That info is from the following source:
    Index to SSRI Stories
    -A mind is like a Parachute... It works best when opened.

That's ok they are "Legal Drugs"

Plinker
    Full Disclosure: I'm a gun owner and a pharmacist...as if ArmedRPh didn't give it away.

So like the anti-2A people who are looking for a commonality (i.e. they had an "assault rifle"), articles like this are selecting out a single data point (SSRIs) and making or at least leading to causality. I'll take the implied link of SSRIs and violence one step farther and say that all the people on this list also had a mental disorder (or were misdiagnosed with one). All posts like this do it vilify something else instead of the gun and play the same game the anti-2A people are playing.

What's the point? If someone is on an SSRI do we take their guns away? How about we do it if they have EVER been on them (parents divorce back when I was a teen caused me some trouble for a time but I'm better 20 years later OR had some anxiety issues due to a divorce so doc prescribed me something to calm my nerves OR a vet came back from The Suck with a touch of PTSD, he's now treated and back to baseline). Should all of these examples lead to a no-go for guns in the future? Who makes the decision? How is it tracked?

I'm not going after the OP, but this nation wide circle-jerk of the blame game really needs to stop so that the calmer heads can come up with a feasible, logical and fair solution.

Rant off.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmedRPh View Post
    Full Disclosure: I'm a gun owner and a pharmacist...as if ArmedRPh didn't give it away.

So like the anti-2A people who are looking for a commonality (i.e. they had an "assault rifle"), articles like this are selecting out a single data point (SSRIs) and making or at least leading to causality. I'll take the implied link of SSRIs and violence one step farther and say that all the people on this list also had a mental disorder (or were misdiagnosed with one). All posts like this do it vilify something else instead of the gun and play the same game the anti-2A people are playing.

What's the point? If someone is on an SSRI do we take their guns away? How about we do it if they have EVER been on them (parents divorce back when I was a teen caused me some trouble for a time but I'm better 20 years later OR had some anxiety issues due to a divorce so doc prescribed me something to calm my nerves OR a vet came back from The Suck with a touch of PTSD, he's now treated and back to baseline). Should all of these examples lead to a no-go for guns in the future? Who makes the decision? How is it tracked?

I'm not going after the OP, but this nation wide circle-jerk of the blame game really needs to stop so that the calmer heads can come up with a feasible, logical and fair solution.

Rant off.

Or parents could start actually doing the hard work of parenting, instead of parenting from a bottle.

I don't see the point of it. Literally millions of Americans are on antidepressants and don't go on shooting rampages. Replacing the blame on guns with pills does nothing.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmedRPh View Post

Rant off.
    The point is that guns existed before all this stuff, but the mass school shootings didn't start until almost immediately after Prozac was approved for teenagers.
    Last edited by netsecurity; 01-14-2013 at 10:43.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post
    The point is that guns existed before all this stuff, but the school shootings didn't start until almost immediately after Prozac was approved for teenagers.
    So correlation must be causation, huh?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    So correlation must be causation, huh?

mighty big coincidence
    "God didnt create all men equal, Smith and Wesson did"

actually, there were school shootings documented in the days of muzzle loading muskets. a friend of mine had posted it a few days back with valid source links. they shot their teacher

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast