Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    MIA, last known position: Bagram AB Afghanistan

Neutered: Radical Feminism Hits the Military

PJ Media Neutered: Radical Feminism Hits the Military

Lets see the feminists in a good bar fight. Wonder how many could take a fist to the jaw? I doubt that many females want infantry, they just want the cush jobs in the supply room, admin or such where they stay in the command tent and not in a foxhole.

Among other things, probably, the left sees the military as another jobs program. A field where fairness, equity, and diversity will lead to success.
    Quote Originally Posted by gungirl65 View Post
    You are a very smart man.

So when a man joins the military, he becomes stronger, smarter, more educated, more noble, more loyal and basically better than me in every way and I am obligated to thank him for protecting my freedom from backwards cave dwellers on the other side of the planet.

But when a woman joins it's because she wants feminism and a cushy job in the command tent.

Have I summarized this correctly?

The article was poor. The author like to point out that "on average", men are better at physical exertion that women. I don't think anyone doubts that. The problem with his argument is that, if the standards are maintained*, you will get the top 20% women along side with the top 40% men that can cut it. If they can do the same things, there is no difference. Even his example of the Olympics 1500m is flawed. How would the women's gold medal champ rank with the men? top 32 maybe? That's still ahead of 99.999% of men out there.

*He buries this, but it should be his focus. I don't think there should be reduced standards for the same position. If that means you end up with a force of 90% men to 10% female, fine. If it means you end up with 50% black, 25% white, 20% Hispanic and 5% Asian and other, then fine. It's discrimination based on ability, not gender or race.
    IYAOYAS

Being the new kinder gentler type of military are terms like "foxhole" and "cockpit" still used or ??????
    Sincerely, R. Lee Obvious, Ph.D.

I'm always trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert8645 View Post
    Dude, got me hard. Not like, hard hard... But you got me. Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh_131 View Post
    So when a man joins the military, he becomes stronger, smarter, more educated, more noble, more loyal and basically better than me in every way and I am obligated to thank him for protecting my freedom from backwards cave dwellers on the other side of the planet.

But when a woman joins it's because she wants feminism and a cushy job in the command tent.

Have you been in the military?

MIA, last known position: Bagram AB Afghanistan
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh_131 View Post

Actually we kick out a lot of kids due to poor performance (failing PT tests for example or being overweight). The Navy is kicking out a third during Basic due to low bone density thus high levels of stress factures from marching.

Most women do not have the ability to put on muscle due to lower testosterone levels needed for muscle development. My guess is that most women would wash out of infantry school let alone Ranger school, SEAL training or SF candidate program. But then so do a lot of males.

Women are restricted from combat units, even as admin or supply. But I doubt that we would see a lot of women trying to be infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1911 View Post
    Have you been in the military?
    No. I am simply summarizing various posts by trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Actually we kick out a lot of kids due to poor performance (failing PT tests for example or being overweight). The Navy is kicking out a third during Basic due to low bone density thus high levels of stress factures from marching.

Most women do not have the ability to put on muscle due to lower testosterone levels needed for muscle development. My guess is that most women would wash out of infantry school let alone Ranger school, SEAL training or SF candidate program. But then so do a lot of males.

Women are restricted from combat units, even as admin or supply. But I doubt that we would see a lot of women trying to be infantry.
    So what is your complaint? Where is this radical feminism? Are standards being lowered to accommodate women in combat positions? I'll get behind you on that one. But the article didn't mention anything like that.

Women who want to be on the front lines... fine... put them on the front lines. They can shoot and stop bullets as good as any man. Some of those women, even though weaker than a similar sized man, are pretty damn tough.
    Never mistake education for intelligence.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast