Egypt breaking down?

Egypt has been struggling economically for some time and has had food riots at a couple of points. Since the "Arab Spring" and throwing out Mubarak, their tourism industry (one of their primary sources of income) has dried up. Now the government (which heavily subsidizes food) is saying that people who already feel that they don't have enough will have to cut back on what they eat.

As the author of this article notes:
    We are watching something unique and terrible in modern history, namely the disintegration of a society of 80 million people, with the prospect of real hungerĖa self-made famine brought about by social and political disaster rather than crop failure or war.
    This doesn't seem too far off from what has been going on in North Korea, though it is much more recent and on a much larger scale.
    Not sure if the firearm or accessory you are buying/selling has been subject to a safety recall? Want to check your collection? Click INGO's Comprehensive Firearm Safety Recall Listing for an easy way to check.

Hillary Clinton: "Donít let anybody, donít let anybody tell you that, ah, you know, itís corporations and businesses that create jobs."

Egypt appears to be going down the tubes faster than Mario.
    Sincerely, R. Lee Obvious, Ph.D. a.k.a "The Droll Troll"
    I'm always trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect.

Marksman
    I always thought that stupidity should hurt. They got the government that they sought, so let them deal with it. If there is a segment of their society that doesnt want to live under sharia, then let them stand up and fight for their freedom. We need to stay totally out of it. If they starve, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GPD177 View Post
    I always thought that stupidity should hurt. They got the government that they sought, so let them deal with it. If there is a segment of their society that doesnt want to live under sharia, then let them stand up and fight for their freedom. We need to stay totally out of it. If they starve, oh well.
    #BRING BACK OUR SQUIRREL! 'Merica!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GPD177 View Post
    I don't think they got the government they sought.. they got rid of one bad government but did not really have a system in place to replace it..

Food issues have been a problem in Egypt for decades. They're not going to starve. The main problem is that the market can't stabilise, and Egypt imports huge amounts of grain. The government's subsidies are, sadly, a necessity and part of the problem. There's just too much poverty in Egypt and always has been, regardless of who's in power. This is nothing new, neither are food riots. If they ever get it together enough they might be able to spread their farming out of the thin area it currently resides in. Hard to farm in the desert, but you make due with what you have.
    KYFHO

Our government is planning on helping them by providing them with tanks to plow the fields and F16s for high velocity seeding.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Our government is planning on helping them by providing them with tanks to plow the fields and F16s for high velocity seeding.
    Nice. That's some high productive planning right there.
    Thankful for God and my guns

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Don't forget that AIPAC was 100% behind the sale. Go figure. It must be a good thing.
    KYFHO

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by singlestacksig View Post
    I don't think they got the government they sought.. they got rid of one bad government but did not really have a system in place to replace it..
    I beg to differ.

Egyptian presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia