Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Indiana State Senator: “I Will Decide What’s Constitutional, Not You”

Sometime in between your sending letters to people in Washington, you might want to start flooding Senator Long's office with calls and letters in an effort to get him to let SB230 have a hearing. He's the only thing standing in the way of this bill and he's obviously playing the "I'm better than you" card. This tool needs to be recalled. Unfortunately, that's a no go in Indiana.

Indiana State Senator: “I Will Decide What’s Constitutional, Not You” – Tenth Amendment Center
    KYFHO

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    Sometime in between your sending letters to people in Washington, you might want to start flooding Senator Long's office with calls and letters in an effort to get him to let SB230 have a hearing. He's the only thing standing in the way of this bill and he's obviously playing the "I'm better than you" card. This tool needs to be recalled. Unfortunately, that's a no go in Indiana.

Indiana State Senator: “I Will Decide What’s Constitutional, Not You” – Tenth Amendment Center

But how could this be? Long is a Republican!

A Democrat? Just guessing.
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem." - RR

A rarity - a Liberal Republican. I stand corrected.
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem." - RR

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    A rarity - a Liberal Republican. I stand corrected.

Unfortunately, that seems pretty common.

They're called RINOs.
    Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war!

A tactical retreat is not a bad response to a surprise assault, you know. First you survive. Then you choose your own ground. Then you counterattack.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign, 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    They're called RINOs.
    Indeed this man is a one-horned wonder worthy of the legacy of Richard Lugar.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

Plinker
    Call them Republicans, RINOs or @$$holes. Regardless of title they are dangerous to a Constitutional Republic. He took the oath and needs to be reminded.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
    Call them Republicans, RINOs or @$$holes. Regardless of title they are dangerous to a Constitutional Republic. He took the oath and needs to be reminded.
    I would say getting kicked to the curb in the next election should be a sufficient reminder.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

A bill that basically says that the United States Supreme Court does not get to decide what is constitutional? Sounds like more radicalism from the right. I suppose with the Heller decision, the conservatives on this board would also be okay if states started passing gun control bills under the guise that the Supreme Court got it wrong?
    Always question the source.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast