• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Capitalism isn't broken. In America it's simply corrupted by the overreaching intrusion of government that's steadily increased since progressives like Woodrow Wilson decided that they (in the form of government) are wiser and more adept than the power of market forces.

After almost a hundred years of their meddling it should be clear to any thinking person that they were and are quite wrong. Capitalism can be harsh and unforgiving, but if left alone it works.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I believe in capitalism. The problem is over-regulation. Some oversights is needed, such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission and FDA oversight for cleanliness at food production facilities, but there are lots of regulations that just hamper business and help nobody except maybe a few government goons' pocket books. Contamination of the system with crooked banking also plays a huge part in breaking it.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I think its funny how many people are all "Yeah Capitalism!!, I'm glad I can sell my old Glock during an AWB scare for $800!!" and then preach how the government oversteps and over regulates. When in reality there would be no "free market" with out the constructs and regulations of the government.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    If you want to know why capitalism is broken, just read the gouging threads here.

People are gouging .. that is a fact. Those sellers are just riding the bubble created by the "AWB Scare of 2012". They weren't fostering capitilism they were being greedy and taking advantage of a pseudo monoply unintentionally created by an unexpected rise in demand and lack of supply from actual manufactures. Once the supply dried the up the profiteers swooped in to make a quick buck. Thankfully things are already starting to shift back to the way they were and unfortunately for some they will soon realize that the $700-800 they paid for a G19 with 1 mag or the $3,000 for a Bushmaster AR was a mistake made in a state of panic.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    There is an inherent flaw in everything. Capitalism needs regulation only in the form of punishing criminal behavior such as fraud. The capital is sitting in the coffers of corporations right now rather than creating jobs and spurring the economy because everyone wants a nest egg in fear that Obama's over-regulation will destroy everything.

My favorite comments are the ones condemning greed. Such hypocrites. Basically they are saying "Greedy business wants my money in exchange for things I DESERVE for free." Wait, who are the greedy parties here? The first sign of a worthless piece of trash are the words "THEY are greedy." coming out of their mouth. Get a job.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People are gouging .. that is a fact. Those sellers are just riding the bubble created by the "AWB Scare of 2012". They weren't fostering capitilism they were being greedy and taking advantage of a pseudo monoply unintentionally created by an unexpected rise in demand and lack of supply from actual manufactures. Once the supply dried the up the profiteers swooped in to make a quick buck. Thankfully things are already starting to shift back to the way they were and unfortunately for some they will soon realize that the $700-800 they paid for a G19 with 1 mag or the $3,000 for a Bushmaster AR was a mistake made in a state of panic.

I saw a show on tv about Mike Tyson's rape case. The girl went to his room in the wee hours of the morning. She got up and went into the bathroom that had a lock on the door and a telephone. She removed her hygiene product and went back out to where he was. She then cried rape.

I respond to a guys ad for guns and ammo and we come to an agreement on price. I then get cry that I was gouged?

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    IMO Capitalism is just fine. Gouging would go nowhere if people wouldn't pay the high prices. I haven't paid too much for anything recently because I'm a smart shopper and I research all purchases. And... I keep a good supply of stuff I really need.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sad all the gouging going on out there.....

sad to see buyers gouging THEMSELVES!

So what are all those on the anti gouging crusade hoping to accomplish? How do they plan to end all of this perceived gouging? Legislation? Rationing? Or just copious bloviation?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    IMO Capitalism is just fine. Gouging would go nowhere if people wouldn't pay the high prices. I haven't paid too much for anything recently because I'm a smart shopper and I research all purchases. And... I keep a good supply of stuff I really need.

Apparently you and I aren't smart enough to do this on our own so we need others to protect us.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    There is an inherent flaw in everything. Capitalism needs regulation only in the form of punishing criminal behavior such as fraud. The capital is sitting in the coffers of corporations right now rather than creating jobs and spurring the economy because everyone wants a nest egg in fear that Obama's over-regulation will destroy everything.

My favorite comments are the ones condemning greed. Such hypocrites. Basically they are saying "Greedy business wants my money in exchange for things I DESERVE for free." Wait, who are the greedy parties here? The first sign of a worthless piece of trash are the words "THEY are greedy." coming out of their mouth. Get a job.

I will choose not to take this as a direct personal attack against me since I in fact said that the profiteers were just being greedy.

These sellers were/are just taking advantage of the state of the market in essence producing their own oligopolies where they could charge whatever they wanted and people would either have to pay or deal with the idea that they may never be able to purchase said items.

It is not greedy to not want to OVER pay for an item, as it is not greedy to want to turn a profit. But there is a fine line between being in business to make a profit and profiteering off of unfortunate situations that leave people in a desperate situation where they feel that they must pay these insane prices.

hornadylnl - I don't see how your comparison is at all relevant or tasteful but if you have to resort to shock value then so be it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Agree with others that it's only gouging if you allow yourself to be gouged.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I will choose not to take this as a direct personal attack against me since I in fact said that the profiteers were just being greedy.

These sellers were/are just taking advantage of the state of the market in essence producing their own oligopolies where they could charge whatever they wanted and people would either have to pay or deal with the idea that they may never be able to purchase said items.

It is not greedy to not want to OVER pay for an item, as it is not greedy to want to turn a profit. But there is a fine line between being in business to make a profit and profiteering off of unfortunate situations that leave people in a desperate situation where they feel that they must pay these insane prices.

hornadylnl - I don't see how your comparison is at all relevant or tasteful but if you have to resort to shock value then so be it.

You can't rape or ripoff the willing.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Agree with others that it's only gouging if you allow yourself to be gouged.

Usually that would be true, but there were circumstances that lead people to believe that they must pay these prices. A couple of months ago many people may have believed that AR's, AK's and other assault rifles along with handguns with magazines that had capacities higher 10 rounds may be banned and that if they wanted them they had to buy them now. Even at the inflated prices everyone knows that if these items were banned that the prices could have gone even higher. So I could understand how some buyers may have thought get screwed a little now so that they don't have to get really screwed later on. Unfortunately, for those who did pay these prices based on fear are feeling foolish now.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    You can't rape or ripoff the willing.

So if someone you cared about was in danger and someone said they could save them but it would cost you everything, you'd have nothing but your loved one would be safe. That is taking advantage of you in a unique situation where you feel you don't really have a choice.

Sure we all know that firearms are not a necessity of life (at this point in time) but when in acting in fear people make poor decisions. This fear and poor judgement is exactly what these kinds of people are taking advantage of.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Pure capitalism is not possible without the regulation of government.

Pure capitalism doesn't exist. Nor does *any* pure -ism.

But it matters a lot WHERE you are on the spectrum..

Several great posters in this thread of beat me to it, so I'll just tip my hat to them.

h

Top Bottom