• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - Voltaire

Democrat politicians screamed after a video of a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask surfaced.

Obama Clown | Missouri Rodeo

Flashback: Liberals Were Silent When George Bush Dummies Were Used at Rodeos | The Gateway Pundit

Liberals Outraged By Obama Rodeo Clown After Eight Years Of Mocking Bush | American Glob

The MO State fair banned the rodeo clown amid the outcry.

Remember, do not mock the President or the his cult.

Oh, remember when they used Bush masks in rodeos back in the day? Yeah, no one cares.

Dana Loesch has a great consolodation here: http://storify.com/DLoesch/a-symptom-of-tyranny-mostatefair

She compares events like this (this isn't isolated, remember the journalist recently fired for being critical of Prez?), to other tyrannical nations

Woman arrested for mocking Chavez in Venezuela
    Satirist arrested in Egypt for mocking President
    Chinese civil servant arrested after mocking politician
    Ai Weiwei arrested for mocking Chinese rulers
    Russian punk band arrested for mocking Putin
    Rodeo bans clown for mocking Obama
    Iranian satirist arretsed for mocking rulers
    Man arrested in Malaysia for mocking former King
    Indian cartoonist arrested for mocking rulers
    Jadavpur professor arrested for mocking politician

She links to all of these on that page.

Our sick cult of personality.

Videos on assassinating Bush, TV comedy shows created to make fun of him, all of these are OK. But criticize Obama? You're screwed.

Last edited:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I am guessing the same thing would have happened if he had worn a Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Harry Reid or Nancy Peolsi mask, as the cult goes beyond BHO. On the other hand, a Rand Paul, John Boehner, or Ted Cruz mask would be applauded by the media, and any backlash met with, "where is your sense of humor?" The bias and double standard reeks. And as you said, Bush masks during his presidency were no issue.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Videos on assassinating Bush, TV comedy shows created to make fun of him, all of these are OK. But criticize Obama? You're screwed.

Funny. I think people primarily see things from the perspective they identify with. If you switch the names around, that's how the other side sees it.

There is a difference between what happened to the rodeo clown and what happened to the dissidents. The clown did not get a legal penalty, whereas the dissidents did.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Funny. I think people primarily see things from the perspective they identify with. If you switch the names around, that's how the other side sees it.

There is a difference between what happened to the rodeo clown and what happened to the dissidents. The clown did not get a legal penalty, whereas the dissidents did.

Maybe but he most likely would not have lost his job.
    Just shows the might of the "correct" thought police.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I really don't see what the big deal is. People lose their jobs over far less. Employment is always at the pleasure of the employer. The clown's constitutional rights weren't violated. He still could continue to do his Obama act. Employers are at liberty to choose whether they want to pay him for it. They decided his act is not worth the hassle. By comparison, the dissidents in these other countries actually lost their freedom and some of their basic human rights. That's some serious stuff, and we shouldn't trivialize it by comparing it with some clown. That's the point I wanted to make.

If you want to get outraged about problems with the government, there are far bigger things. This sort of stuff is the kind of distraction popular with the news media today. They take your eyes off the really important stuff, and make you focus on some small, insignificant thing. They get you all worked up over a partisan matter. In the meanwhile, you're still getting groped at the airports, your tax dollars are being used to rescue big corporations, and your sons and daughters are losing their life and limb in conflicts around the world that most Americans no longer support. Bread and circus, folks, bread and circus.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I really don't see what the big deal is. People lose their jobs over far less. Employment is always at the pleasure of the employer. The clown's constitutional rights weren't violated. He still could continue to do his Obama act. Employers are at liberty to choose whether they want to pay him for it. They decided his act is not worth the hassle. By comparison, the dissidents in these other countries actually lost their freedom and some of their basic human rights. That's some serious stuff, and we shouldn't trivialize it by comparing it with some clown. That's the point I wanted to make.

If you want to get outraged about problems with the government, there are far bigger things. This sort of stuff is the kind of distraction popular with the news media today. They take your eyes off the really important stuff, and make you focus on some small, insignificant thing. They get you all worked up over a partisan matter. In the meanwhile, you're still getting groped at the airports, your tax dollars are being used to rescue big corporations, and your sons and daughters are losing their life and limb in conflicts around the world that most Americans no longer support. Bread and circus, folks, bread and circus.

You're trying to be reasonable to many people here who think they are the reasonable ones. You can't make people see beyond their own noses unless they exercise their own eye muscles of their own accord.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I have to disagree. This is a pattern of intimidation in our culture now. Speak ill of the cult leader, and the cult shall rain down upon you. A journalist lost his job because of his criticism of the President.

That is LITERALLY the job of journalists, to be critical and question the President's actions. But today, journalists are rushing to "correct" the Dem Leaders when they goof up, tell us "what they meant to say was...", and other ridiculous lapdoggery.

Any other president, you'd be right. But this cult of personality is sick, and is very comparable to less savoury nations.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I have to disagree. This is a pattern of intimidation in our culture now. Speak ill of the cult leader, and the cult shall rain down upon you. A journalist lost his job because of his criticism of the President.

That is LITERALLY the job of journalists, to be critical and question the President's actions. But today, journalists are rushing to "correct" the Dem Leaders when they goof up, tell us "what they meant to say was...", and other ridiculous lapdoggery.

Any other president, you'd be right. But this cult of personality is sick, and is very comparable to less savoury nations.

I seem to recall many actual journalists and other people getting fired for expressing disagreement with Bush and his justification for the Iraq war not too long ago. Anyone who disagreed with the war in Iraq during that era was labeled as "unpatriotic" and risked losing their job. I guess this clown's loss of a job for being partisan at a taxpayer-funded state fair is somehow worse.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The drum beats continue. This morning on the Today Show, they assured us there was nationwide outrage...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

I seem to remember many people here applauding the fact people lost their job(s) simply because they voted for Obama

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom