Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Master
    "God didnt create all men equal, Smith and Wesson did"

Check this out:
    The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice - YouTube

It seems it is only a reduction in benefits paid out.
    SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013 ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

However, I found this: federal Section 8 housing funds dry up nov 1.
    Shutdown will cause federal funding for Section 8 to dry up Nov. 1, Massachusetts housing official says | masslive.com

I bet other federally funded programs will "dry up" as well. Not sure what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    You're my INGO nemesis!!

Quote Originally Posted by traderdan View Post
    HA! In Mville it is pajamas..
    You just provided proof that you live in Mville. Walmart is a truly frightening place late at nite.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

I don't either the Rs or Ds are that crazy!
    Can you imagine the riots and chaos that would occur in the inner cities.

It's as close to a death wish as stopping the SSA checks on the 1st, every grandma and grandpa will be on DC with their M1 Grand ready to kick Congress out.

Other programs will be cut/stopped first before those 2 are cut. When those get cut say hello to civil war or at least massive riots/chaos in lots of areas of the nation.

Early this month, I received a letter from the FSSA office in Marion informing me that effective November First, my food stamp allotment would be reduced by a bit less than ten per cent. I decided that NOW was the time to act, so I picked up my phone and called their office.

I told them I wished to drop out of the the SNAP program as it was no longer worth all the hassle going thru the recertification for the amount I was receiving. It took me longer to get everything together for this than it did for the re-cert on my HUD apartment.

Besides, I feel I am in good enough shape financially that not getting my allotment won't hurt my budget. I'll manage, and maybe it will be for the best, and may make me a better person.

Oh! My allotment was reduced from $16 a month to $15. And coming the first of the year, it might have been reduced even more.

Gee! Doing this, and currently moving out of my HUD-subsidized apartment means no one can call me a 'deadbeat' any more!
    "No Guns, No Security. Know Guns, Know Security

"Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath, remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes, and just smile at that *&^@> and walk away."

"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" -- Fanny Brice, American actress and singer (1891 - 1951)[/B]

I think it's telling that many folks think shutting off some of these government hand outs would cause massive civil unrest.
    What does this say about our society.

Quote Originally Posted by erice1984 View Post
    Check this out:
    The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice - YouTube

It seems it is only a reduction in benefits paid out.
    SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013 ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

However, I found this: federal Section 8 housing funds dry up nov 1.
    Shutdown will cause federal funding for Section 8 to dry up Nov. 1, Massachusetts housing official says | masslive.com

I bet other federally funded programs will "dry up" as well. Not sure what they are.
    the reduction in SNAP benefits has nothing to do with the shut down and everything to do with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).

The loss of payments to SNAP has everything to do with the shut down. They are two separate events.

Once the Govt. gets their heads out of their collective asses and fixes this shut down, SNAP will be funded, at a reduced rate from the previous month

Quote Originally Posted by hornadylnl View Post
    And who's paying the most attention right now?
    Not the people with EBT cards... but with any luck they will be. The shutdown hasn't seemed to affect me at all.
    Dec 23, 1913 - The Day America Died

Quote Originally Posted by poptab View Post
    I think it's telling that many folks think shutting off some of these government hand outs would cause massive civil unrest.
    What does this say about our society.
    It says that we're human. That a people dependent on government for their sustenance would riot when that sustenance is taken away is predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    I think he's a NSA analyst...watch what you say.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast