No EBT for November? Say it ain't so Joe!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    How do you make the people pay attention to a government shutdown? By pissing off the people who are government dependent. I could give a **** less

erice1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    South Carolina
    Check this out:
    The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice - YouTube

It seems it is only a reduction in benefits paid out.
    SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013 ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

However, I found this: federal Section 8 housing funds dry up nov 1.
    Shutdown will cause federal funding for Section 8 to dry up Nov. 1, Massachusetts housing official says | masslive.com

I bet other federally funded programs will "dry up" as well. Not sure what they are.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't either the Rs or Ds are that crazy!
    Can you imagine the riots and chaos that would occur in the inner cities.

It's as close to a death wish as stopping the SSA checks on the 1st, every grandma and grandpa will be on DC with their M1 Grand ready to kick Congress out.

Other programs will be cut/stopped first before those 2 are cut. When those get cut say hello to civil war or at least massive riots/chaos in lots of areas of the nation.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Early this month, I received a letter from the FSSA office in Marion informing me that effective November First, my food stamp allotment would be reduced by a bit less than ten per cent. I decided that NOW was the time to act, so I picked up my phone and called their office.

I told them I wished to drop out of the the SNAP program as it was no longer worth all the hassle going thru the recertification for the amount I was receiving. It took me longer to get everything together for this than it did for the re-cert on my HUD apartment.

Besides, I feel I am in good enough shape financially that not getting my allotment won't hurt my budget. I'll manage, and maybe it will be for the best, and may make me a better person.

Oh! My allotment was reduced from $16 a month to $15. And coming the first of the year, it might have been reduced even more.

Gee! Doing this, and currently moving out of my HUD-subsidized apartment means no one can call me a 'deadbeat' any more! :D

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I think it's telling that many folks think shutting off some of these government hand outs would cause massive civil unrest.
    What does this say about our society.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Check this out:
    The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice - YouTube

It seems it is only a reduction in benefits paid out.
    SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013 ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

However, I found this: federal Section 8 housing funds dry up nov 1.
    Shutdown will cause federal funding for Section 8 to dry up Nov. 1, Massachusetts housing official says | masslive.com

I bet other federally funded programs will "dry up" as well. Not sure what they are.

the reduction in SNAP benefits has nothing to do with the shut down and everything to do with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).

The loss of payments to SNAP has everything to do with the shut down. They are two separate events.

Once the Govt. gets their heads out of their collective asses and fixes this shut down, SNAP will be funded, at a reduced rate from the previous month

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's telling that many folks think shutting off some of these government hand outs would cause massive civil unrest.
    What does this say about our society.
    It says that we're human. That a people dependent on government for their sustenance would riot when that sustenance is taken away is predictable.

Top Bottom