• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Certainly something all members should be aware of in the balloting.

If you check out Webb's FB page, he has lots of knee-jerk supporters. Showing that the hive mentality can be found on the right (?) as well as the left. Basically 'thank you for your service, you are now above reproach, and you're tougher than your critics, so they should STFU'.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Webb/133206330070032

And from MAC's page:

A person sent Mr. Webb a private message on Facebook that criticized his political views which in turn he posted publicly. After sharing the private message, Mr. Webb issued a threat of violence to the sender.

When I hear the word "compromise", nothing good is in the offing...

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    Thanks for sharing this. Everyone needs to share this on every gun forum they're a member of.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    This isn't making sense. One does not just "throw his hat in the ring" to be on the NRA BoD.

Was there some goofy internet petition being discussed?

All I've seen is his intent to campaign for a spot in the 2015? elections.

op234i.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All I've seen is his intent to campaign for a spot in the 2015? elections.

So, it is precatory?:D

No one nominated him so he intends to start a petition drive? Good luck with that surrender platform, Mr. Webb. The members that vote on in the BoD directors are unlikely to believe in your surrender first tactics.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hide our heads in the sand? This is INGO-grade delusional. Who does he think stopped UBCs? Who does he think is scoring touchdown after touchdown in the states?

Hide our heads? We are not hiding, we are shooting back. In November 2014 we hope to obtain even more leverage.

2015 is Nashville. I'll be there and so will all my friends.:D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    also, did you read what the person wrote that made him respond the way he did? I don't blame him for threatening someone.

Really? I read what the person wrote and none of it was, in my opinion, particularly personal, scatological, or offensive. The man disagreed with some of Webb's opinions - as I do, in fact - and the guy who wrote the message wasn't threatening, except to Webb's ambitions, so I see no reason for Webb to threaten him. If Webb can't stand to hear people disagree with him, the NRA board is no place for him.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    also, did you read what the person wrote that made him respond the way he did? I don't blame him for threatening someone.

It's here. Why would anyone feel compelled to threaten violence, and that's exactly what Webb did.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Webb/133206330070032

Really? I read what the person wrote and none of it was, in my opinion, particularly personal, scatological, or offensive. The man disagreed with some of Webb's opinions - as I do, in fact - and the guy who wrote the message wasn't threatening, except to Webb's ambitions, so I see no reason for Webb to threaten him. If Webb can't stand to hear people disagree with him, the NRA board is no place for him.

Exactly!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Webb got butthurt and threatened Houghten over that?

Apparently. Just because he's a veteran and Navy Seal doesn't mean he's a friend to the 2d Amendment.

Many people I’ve encountered on social media lately have misinterpreted my position on the 2nd Amendment. Lately, I’ve heard people develop wild and ungrounded conclusions about my position on the 2nd Amendment. Some think that I’m automatically talking about Americans giving up their right to keep and bear arms, and 2nd Amendment compromise. They couldn’t be more wrong.
    In the dark corners of the Internet they lurk, call names, and make ridiculous emotion-based (not fact-based) assumptions. I’ve heard it all, and I’ll take this on the chin. To be honest, I could have been clearer on my position in the past. However, do keep in mind that the word “compromise,” a term I’ve used before, comes in many forms; sometimes it includes sitting down with your adversaries and having an intelligent conversation and debate on major issues.

What have I learned since getting out of the Navy in 2006? Few things will stir people up in this country like the 2nd Amendment. It’s right up there with gay marriage and abortion. And I’ve learned that you can’t have a conversation with a fanatic.

Take it on the chin? He seems to have a glass-jaw, rhetorically speaking...

You can't have a conversation with a fanatic? What does he think Bloomberg, Schumer, Feinstein and the Zionsville harpy are? But he'll sit and share with them? Wonderful, can't wait to seem the outcome of that. Probably some 'common sense' gun laws. :bs:

-The NRA should take a strong leadership position when it comes to legislation affecting ownership pro and con, not just a “supporter” of legislation. The perception from the left is that the NRA is an uncompromising organization

And there's that darned C-word again.

How about we compromise on slavery? That didn't go well for the country, did it now?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Presidential material?

"Legislation on increasing the prevention of severely mentally ill folks (e.g. paranoid schizophrenia) from gaining access to firearms seems logical. Increase the early warning signs." -- Brandon Webb (source)

"The NRA has been very supportive on ... adding the potentially violently mentally ill to the database which most states the federal government have up to now, not done. The president says he will do that and that's good." -- David Keene, NRA President (source)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom