Houston, Texas: City Gov't Sez--Give Up First Amendment to Petition Us!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Don't people realize how busy their elected officials are? They are far too busy trying to protect you from yourself to deal with such silly, inconsequential stuff.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Everything is bigger in Texas, even the civil rights violations. City government: you peasants, stop beseeching us, we are busy being all governmentally and stuff.

Methinks the City of Houston just Streisand (INGO cookie if you know why Streisand is important here) itself.:D

Houston Issues 'Cease-And-Desist' To Uber To Stop Houston Residents From Communicating With Their Government | Techdirt

I know what Streisand-ing is, (I just signed the petition myself, that will show the bums) and I would like a chocolate chip cookie, please.

Unfortunately big city governments attract people who like big governments that control every twitch of their residents. People who love freedom and hate bureaucracy don't go to work in government, so we get governments run by generally left wing statist bureaucrats, even in Texas. Or maybe especially in Texas, the Democrats ran things for 150 years, it is taking some time for the Repblicans to dig in and root out all the nonsense embedded in the laws and government.

City governments in general and big city governments in particular have been foot-draggers on honoring the law about concealed handgun carry as well, and the Leg has had to beef up some law in that regard. Still work to do there.

Top Bottom