• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I applaud the SCOTUS for upholding the 1st amendment which protects not only religious freedom, but freedom of speech, including the right to write really stupid sh*t and post it on the internet. Great to be an American. :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I read the whole article...I don't get it.

I mean, I get the point they're trying to get at, but it loses any humorous value because the situations, causes, and effects are so far removed that the parody and the event might as well be totally unrelated.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I read the whole article...I don't get it.

I mean, I get the point they're trying to get at, but it loses any humorous value because the situations, causes, and effects are so far removed that the parody and the event might as well be totally unrelated.

satire is funny. logical fallacies disguised as satire are not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I applaud the SCOTUS for upholding the 1st amendment which protects not only religious freedom, but freedom of speech, including the right to write really stupid sh*t and post it on the internet. Great to be an American. :patriot:

This.

We need them speaking. It lets us know who we can stand with and who needs to be kept at a safe distance.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It's a joke, guys! Lighten up. Don't be so sensitive. Geez, I never expected to find PC right here on this forum! Don't push me off my wheelchair, PC police!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a joke, guys! Lighten up. Don't be so sensitive. Geez, I never expected to find PC right here on this forum! Don't push me off my wheelchair, PC police!
    Oh, make no mistake. The joke is politically correct.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Honestly I can take some ribbing, but the joke is poorly thought out. Although the Roman executions were motivated by emperor worship, they're still generally thought of as primarily government-related executions rather than religious ones. A better joke might have mentioned the Supreme Court acknowledging the right for Catholic companies to impose the Inquisition on Protestant employees since it more clearly displays the religious motivation for the action. "Catholic company X demanded the right to use thumbscrews on at least 3 Protestant employees per quarter" would have been chuckleworthy, IMO.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It'd be okay IF it was funny. But it's not.

It's not 'satire', it's not 'parody', and it's not 'humor'. It doesn't even qualify as 8 year-old-boy 'fart humor'.

This is what happens when some 'blogger' has an IQ the same number as their shoe size.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Honestly I can take some ribbing, but the joke is poorly thought out. Although the Roman executions were motivated by emperor worship, they're still generally thought of as primarily government-related executions rather than religious ones. A better joke might have mentioned the Supreme Court acknowledging the right for Catholic companies to impose the Inquisition on Protestant employees since it more clearly displays the religious motivation for the action. "Catholic company X demanded the right to use thumbscrews on at least 3 Protestant employees per quarter" would have been chuckleworthy, IMO.
    Gee thanks for the history lesson...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The joke isn't funny and the underlying point being conveyed is dumber than owl sh*t. Claiming a First Amendment right to preemptively harm members of a differing religious group has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with not forcing people to violate their own religion with their own actions in order to accommodate others of differening religous views or lack thereof.

Top Bottom