Ron Paul sides with Putin. Says Ukraine and the US are responsible...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the article it states that Ron Paul sides with Putin's assessment that the Ukraine along with US meddling in the region are ultimately responsible for separatists downing the Malaysian flight.

Without US-sponsored 'regime change,' it is unlikely that hundreds would have been killed in the unrest that followed. Nor would the Malaysian Airlines crash have happened," Paul wrote.

or maybe not.

However, at the end of his column, Paul admitted he could be wrong about the whole matter.

"Of course it is entirely possible that the Obama administration and the US media has it right this time, and Russia or the separatists in eastern Ukraine either purposely or inadvertently shot down this aircraft," he wrote. "The real point is, it's very difficult to get accurate information so everybody engages in propaganda."

He does'nt really know who to blame at this point.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ron-paul-defends-russia-malaysian-151731466.html

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just another pro-Putin confused "libertarian". Paul's always been a bit of a nutter, now he's just letting his freak flag fly. Someone call the home and tell them the village idiot escaped again.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    STANDARD Ron Paulian lunacy.

There's a VERY good chance that Ron Paul is schizophrenic, LOL. He'll say something intelligent, yes... agree... logical... good... makes sense... then...

BANG!

:tinfoil: :nuts: :tinfoil: :nuts: :tinfoil: :nuts: :tinfoil: :nuts: :tinfoil: :nuts:

I think he might be a doctor because he was actually locked UP in the "Ha-Ha House"... :shady:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't mind Paul's insanity. Heck, I may even hire him for my magazine Pure Grain Alcohol as he is enormously popular with INGOtarians, but now INGO will be congested with 197 threads on Malaysian "truther" threads all citing Ron Paul.

Are there Malaysian truther videos on youtube yet?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't mind Paul's insanity. Heck, I may even hire him for my magazine Pure Grain Alcohol as he is enormously popular with INGOtarians, but now INGO will be congested with 197 threads on Malaysian "truther" threads all citing Ron Paul.

Are there Malaysian truther videos on youtube yet?
    Mostly stuff from RT. That's apparently where Paul is getting his info. There and LRC.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno:
    Does it matter who is at fault?
    The only ones to blame is the airline company and the passengers themselves.
    The entire world knows that part of the world is at war. A region at war means no laws, no civilized rule of law, etc.
    You can NOT expect to have a picnic in the middle of a battlefield and not get hurt.

The airline looked at the risk vs cost and determined it was an acceptable risk. OK fine this particular flight did not pan out for them. So in this case the risk won vs the cost.

Each passenger that bought a ticket with this company also is to blame. They can ask/look up how the flight path is going to occur and if it will put them in danger. They choose this airline vs another for whatever reason. Again they made a risk vs cost decision and this time the risk won.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Interesting take Jedi. Russia (and Ron Paul) blame Ukraine and the US and the Ukraine blames Russia then you say it's Malaysian airlines and it's passengers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Interesting take Jedi. Russia (and Ron Paul) blame Ukraine and the US and the Ukraine blames Russia then you say it's Malaysian airlines and it's passengers.

If you go to McDs in Gary, IN as oppose to "some other town with less crime", IN and don't take some type of protection with you (ie. a bat, a knife, a gun, a security detail, etc.) and some one comes into McDs to rob it and shoots up the place and hits you or your family who is to blame?

You made the choice to go to that McDs knowing full well that Gary, IN is a high crime area.
    Further you went their with no plan to defend yourself.

Yes the robber is to blame for his action but so are you for your lack of actions (ie. decisions, and prep).
    Same concept above just it does not include self defense.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, if there were police and bank robbers shooting at each other across a street, I wouldn't walk down that street. I would go a block or two over.

Anybody that flies a jet liner over a war zone is a ******* idiot.

That said, I'm not blaming them. The fault lies with those who fired off the missile.

But I AM saying is this should not have been entirely unforeseen.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why is it that no one considers some problem issues with assigning blame here?

Jedi raised a good point, but I see it as even worse than that. Not only do you have the inherent risks of travelling through a combat zone, but you also have to consider the possibility that someone may have shot down that specific plane deliberately. Did someone think they could down the plane and blame it on the other side as a PR move? Was there someone on that plane or thought to be on that plane that has pissed off one of the 95% or so of national governments or terrorist organizations which possess shoulder fired missiles and realized that they could knock off the plane and the individual within and have it written off to the fog of war? Hell, it could have been an aspiring terrorist on a moving target practice mission knowing that a stray missile in a combat zone would be virtually untraceable. So far as I can tell there are way too many variables here to ever sort this one out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why is it that no one considers some problem issues with assigning blame here?

Jedi raised a good point, but I see it as even worse than that. Not only do you have the inherent risks of travelling through a combat zone, but you also have to consider the possibility that someone may have shot down that specific plane deliberately. Did someone think they could down the plane and blame it on the other side as a PR move? Was there someone on that plane or thought to be on that plane that has pissed off one of the 95% or so of national governments or terrorist organizations which possess shoulder fired missiles and realized that they could knock off the plane and the individual within and have it written off to the fog of war? Hell, it could have been an aspiring terrorist on a moving target practice mission knowing that a stray missile in a combat zone would be virtually untraceable. So far as I can tell there are way too many variables here to ever sort this one out.
    You are correct. Especially if one can keep on adding made up variables. The possibilities are endless.

I've head that this Malaysian flight was really filled with all the dead people from the previously missing Malaysian flight.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You are correct. Especially if one can keep on adding made up variables. The possibilities are endless.

I've head that this Malaysian flight was really filled with all the dead people from the previously missing Malaysian flight.

You have a good point, and it can quickly be taken past the point of absurdity. I simply started with the fact that the shooting down of the plane has not been proven to be an accident, and in the event it was not, addressing some of the more obvious motives someone would have for doing it. I, for one, certainly do not intend to take it to the level of suggesting such things as it being full of corpses or attacked by space aliens.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I fail to see what the contention is. There was no moral support of Putin whatsoever. He was simply commenting on the information we are being provided with (and not being provided with). I saw nothing false or misleading. He is absolutely right that we are being inundated with propaganda on all sides. Wars have been started on lies in our own lifetimes; we should never take for granted the validity of any official "facts."

Read the text for yourself, and please tell me what the beef is. Specifically.

What the Media Won't Report About Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17

Secondly, it is dishonest as all hell to say that any skepticism here is the same as "siding with Putin" or being "against America." This is inflammatory rhetoric used purposely to demonize. Its the same crap that comes from those (mostly the same people) who imply that disagreement on a topic is tantamount to siding with terrorists.

If you disagree with Ron Paul you must be pro-Obama, by that logic.

Top Bottom