• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I read that on another site today. Seems awfully heavy handed to arrest him for asking them to speak up...I'm guessing (maybe naively) there's more to this.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Trying to get business done without folks knowing but still meeting state 'open door' standards. Pretty ludicrous. People should remember that the next time the mayor is up for reelection. Even though they were ordered to do so, the cops should be feeling ashamed right now.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I read that on another site today. Seems awfully heavy handed to arrest him for asking them to speak up...I'm guessing (maybe naively) there's more to this.

Nothing more that what's printed in the article, but looks like the local politicians want to build a nitrogen plant in the community, some of the locals are concerned about the chemicals seeping into the well water and the nearby river. There is probably some financial incentive to the mayor and cronies if it gets built. Silence the opposition, especially when it threatens your pocket.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nothing more that what's printed in the article, but looks like the local politicians want to build a nitrogen plant in the community, some of the locals are concerned about the chemicals seeping into the well water and the nearby river. There is probably some financial incentive to the mayor and cronies if it gets built. Silence the opposition, especially when it threatens your pocket.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Silence the opposition, especially when it threatens your pocket.

If that's the way they're silencing the opposition, it's a really loud way to do it. It just makes no sense that the committee would talk about the issues in a voice so quiet nobody could hear, in the middle of a big meeting, as a tactic to prevent the concerned citizens from learning the details of the issues. It's the Michael Scott negotiation tactic --

[video=youtube;zDp-KA7-hnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDp-KA7-hnY[/video]

I am waiting for more of the story to come out. Don't jump at shadows.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Whispering wasnt the tactic that silenced the opposition, having him arrested on a trumped up charge was. Seriously, politicians that operate this sort of way should be drug out to the street, and beaten with a whiffle ball bat. I wouldnt want to kill them, but leaving a few lumps and bruises every time they pull that sort of crap may start to sway the majority back to a more humble, honest approach at politics.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What happened before the video started? Before he was taken out, the mayor (I guess that's who that was) said something about: "if there are any more outbursts..." To what was he referring?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Whispering wasnt the tactic that silenced the opposition, having him arrested on a trumped up charge was.

Americans must be a bunch of wussies if they think arresting someone over a trumped up charge, only to release him a bit later, can intimidate the opposition into silence. I'm not saying this country is perfect, but it's not bad. In truly oppressive countries, that guy gets disappeared before he even sets foot in the meeting room, and that still doesn't stop the opposition in those countries. Some people have balls the size of mountains. If the powers that be in that room was attempting to silence the opposition by sending him for time out and paperwork, then we should grown a pair, join the guy, and laugh our asses off at the impotence of the authorities.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How can anyone tell what happened? I see no whispering. I do not see anyone asking anyone to speak up.

Ok, well, if we are going full Alex Jones, then I have another conspiracy theory. The person arrested works for a rival chemical plant and wanted to disrupt the meeting so his company's chemical plant can be built.:D

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Ok, well, if we are going full Alex Jones, then I have another conspiracy theory. The person arrested works for a rival chemical plant and wanted to disrupt the meeting so his company's chemical plant can be built.:D

Maybe he got arrested on purpose just so his buddies could rob the bank during the commotion. :cool:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nitrogen plant? Am I missing something? Will they be dumping waste, um, oxygen into the river?

This is the kinda nitrogen they put in fertilizers.
    The kind that undiluted, will make everything grow for an hour, then die/burn out.
    Basically, they're worried about the by-products.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Americans must be a bunch of wussies if they think arresting someone over a trumped up charge, only to release him a bit later, can intimidate the opposition into silence. I'm not saying this country is perfect, but it's not bad. In truly oppressive countries, that guy gets disappeared before he even sets foot in the meeting room, and that still doesn't stop the opposition in those countries. Some people have balls the size of mountains. If the powers that be in that room was attempting to silence the opposition by sending him for time out and paperwork, then we should grown a pair, join the guy, and laugh our asses off at the impotence of the authorities.

Have you seen half the crap our current president has tried since being in office? Im not saying that everyone in this country feels that way, but there are some that think they can intimidate the masses into silence with inconveniencing us. Overall, I think you are correct, this country has slipped, and is weak, soft, and all that is wrong with the world today. All I can do is vote, and raise my son to think for himself, respect others right to think for themselves, and to not be afraid to speak his mind. The biggest problem with this I see is that it seems that those of us that actually work, and support ourselves are being out multiplied by those who would rather leach off society, and are more inclined to be intimidated by this sort of tactic.

Top Bottom