• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Guess his holiness isn't going to save him from this. Two felony indictments for abusing his powers as governor. LOL. Hope he gets what's coming to him. Corrupt politicians should always be made to pay. He'll look good in orange.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/u...d-over-veto-of-funds-for-das-office.html?_r=0

LMAO!

Seriously?

So the Travis County DA blows a .238, is arrested for DWI and is videotaped acting like a complete horse's ass to the deputies who brought her in.

Perry says he doesn't feel she is the right person to oversee the budget of the Public Integrity Unit since she had a super-extreme DWI.

She refuses to resign. And as his his Constitutionally-authorized power under the Texas Constitution, he does a line item veto of the PIU's budget.

The real 'issue' here is that he a) called her out publicly and followed through on it when she refused to resign. Had he done this behind closed doors it likely would not have become an issue save for the fact that he's looking like a front-runner for 2016. The only corruption here is that of the drunk-off-her-ass district attorney.

How in the world is a DA with a .238 DWI going to be able to prosecute other citizens for the same crime? Any defense attorney worth a damn is going to jump on that and cite whatever charge she got as a baseline, and if she got a sweetheart sentence because of her position, what is she going to say? "Your Honor, I can't recommend probation in this case, even though that's what I got and this gentleman only blew a .12 . . . ." etc.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7y7oJ266qI

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Politics.

Forgive me if I withhold conviction of the governor until the case is heard. Just because one may dislike someone doesn't mean he's necessarily guilty of charges...no matter how badly one would like to see him go down in flames.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On the bright side the Dems now have the all-too critical drunk driver vote nailed.

I mean, let's be clear here - their position basically is that a drunk who repeatedly endangers the public, hurls abuse at public servants, and attempts to use her position to avoid any consequences should ABSOLUTELY be running the Public Integrity Unit!

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

WHEN the Liar-In-Chief gets indicted for even ONE of the violations / crimes he's perpetrated and / or foisted upon the American public AND the elected Republicans AND Republican civilians (y'know, the IRS scandal), AND when innumerable other democRATS are rightfully prosecuted (Holder, Lerner, Reid, and the rest on a LONG list) THEN we'll... perhaps... give this ANY credibility beyond 'democRAT political stunt'.

UNTIL that time (and don't hold your breath with this Anti-American / Pro-Terrorist-In-Chief), this gets ZERO credibility or consideration.

Of course, it does make a nice 'attempt' at deflecting away from the Liar-In-Chief for a minute. That is, until his next stupidity / scandal surfaces. Should be any time now!

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    So, now every Governor or dare I say, President is now indictable for threatening veto of upcoming legislation? This is political payback and in itself an abuse of power. Like Perry or not, this a Texas sized pile of :bs:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You gotta hand it to the democrats...they know how to play the game and play for keeps. You're right, MJ...if they can get the charges to stick or just linger long enough, whether he's guilty or not, it would damage his aspirations.

Big time politics...it ain't bean bag they're playing.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I look foward to hear the Travis County District Atty's office stating that their hard drives have crashed and all emails pertaining to the investigation of these charges are unrecoverable.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He'd stand zero chance of getting the nomination with 2 felony indictments hanging over his head. And, if the are resolved against him he'll be a felon. This is a political career killer for him.
    And he may beat them as well. I know you want him to burn in hellfire, but wishing it won't make it so.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Perry has a lot of supporters. This indictment is being driven by a bunch of vindictive losers. At least Perry loves his country unlike our traitor President. Obama is the one who should be facing felony charges.

Top Bottom