• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Since the MDA campaign is just getting started this morning, the most obvious signs are on the Facebook fan pages of MDA and Kroger. Don't support open carry of rifles in Target, fine. Well, now it looks like MDA wants a ban on both handguns and rifles in Kroger even though they are using a picture of a man carrying a rifle as the primary focus.

MDA is seeking this ban in Krogers nation-wide NOT just Texas. MDA's goal is total civilian disarmament. Once they have gone after the open carriers, they will then push for total gun bans in stores. Just my :twocents:.

Actually, I just went back and read MDA's post on Facebook. They don't say both handgun and rifle. MDA just mentions open carry and shows a picture of a man carrying a rifle. BUT, if Kroger does issue a statement, I'm sure it will address both types of weapons.

Here is the link to MDA's Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction?ref=ts&fref=ts

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Kroger next on the extremist left agenda

WSJ today quotes our home grown extremist Shannon Watts in her efforts to help criminals have their way at Kroger. Let's not give her fuel for the fire, but rather write polite and educated letters to Kroger shall we?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Kroger best not issue a statement. I spend quite a bit of money there.

Same here. They do that, and Sams/Walmart will get all of my business. Kroger has never had a problem with me open carrying before, granted I shop in Kentucky where everyone open carries:laugh:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Here's what I posted in the comments:

"Open, concealed, whatever... Any of you MDA types not willing to shop with guns around better grow your own food and milk and butcher your own cattle because guns are everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it."

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I disagree with the open carry a rifle whackadoos that choose to make a political statement by carrying a rifle around while grocery shopping. I do carry my pistol, concealed but that isn't the point, when I go to Kroger. The people with the rifles are essentially poking the bear and forcing the issue, the same way they did with Target. Don't make a big issue out of it, and there won't be a big issue. MDA are just reacting in the way they would be expected to act in this situation. We've seen it before...I'm sure we'll see it again. They have their beliefs (stupid as they may be) and we have ours. We don't need to go around forcing the issue, as far as I know Kroger was silent on the issue of guns in their stores, now WE (as gun owners - ie: the open carry whackadoos) have forced the issue and brought up something that should have been left alone.

:ranton:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just an FYI that Open Carry Whackadoos in Texas are openly carrying rifles because it's illegal to openly carry pistols. Their goal is to make an issue out of it in an attempt to get that law changed.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just an FYI that Open Carry Whackadoos in Texas are openly carrying rifles because it's illegal to openly carry pistols. Their goal is to make an issue out of it in an attempt to get that law changed.

I understand that...but it seems to be making the situation worse, not better. :twocents:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I disagree with the open carry a rifle whackadoos that choose to make a political statement by carrying a rifle around while grocery shopping. I do carry my pistol, concealed but that isn't the point, when I go to Kroger. The people with the rifles are essentially poking the bear and forcing the issue, the same way they did with Target. Don't make a big issue out of it, and there won't be a big issue. MDA are just reacting in the way they would be expected to act in this situation. We've seen it before...I'm sure we'll see it again. They have their beliefs (stupid as they may be) and we have ours. We don't need to go around forcing the issue, as far as I know Kroger was silent on the issue of guns in their stores, now WE (as gun owners - ie: the open carry whackadoos) have forced the issue and brought up something that should have been left alone.

:ranton:

Texas can only open carry rifles.

This however, is what we are fighting, the mindset of the MdA group

If I ever see an armed person at ANY store I am in: I am calling the police. I will NOT be subjected to anyone openly displaying a weapon. Ever.

This isn't about rifles, they want it all. the leaders of the group are just not as quick to post it that way

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Texas can only open carry rifles.

This however, is what we are fighting, the mindset of the MdA group

This isn't about rifles, they want it all. the leaders of the group are just not as quick to post it that way

I get the issue that Texas can only OC rifles and they are trying to change the law. I get it. Really. But is that the best way to go about implementing change? The stores themselves are not going to change the law, they are just going to change their corporate policy to appease the masses...which in the case of Target is not the law abiding gun owners.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    And if MDA wants to call the police on me, fine. It will be a waste of everyone's time and resources but whatever. I'll just ask the caller to buy me a new gallon of milk after mine has spoiled because of the time wasted talking to the LEO.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I get the issue that Texas can only OC rifles and they are trying to change the law. I get it. Really. But is that the best way to go about implementing change? The stores themselves are not going to change the law, they are just going to change their corporate policy to appease the masses...which in the case of Target is not the law abiding gun owners.

They're lazy, and they're using the classic fallback reason of "awareness".

Awareness doesn't do ****, especially in this case, where it ONLY serves to hurt the rest of us.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Here's what I posted in the comments:

"Open, concealed, whatever... Any of you MDA types not willing to shop with guns around better grow your own food and milk and butcher your own cattle because guns are everywhere and there's nothing you can do about it."

No doubt removed by now and "unfriended" by them.

Top Bottom