• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Anybody want to discuss the choices or what's at stake here?
    It's a little embarrassing that, at this late stage in the race, there's been so little media or voter interest.
    You'd never hire a janitor without interviews, you know...

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Oh I'm CERTAIN I'll get more votes than that! I got nearly twice that percentage in 2012 when there was a lot less obvious disgust/lack of support for the other candidates.
    I can't talk about the other candidates, but I would be happy to talk about what I'm all about.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh I'm CERTAIN I'll get more votes than that! I got nearly twice that percentage in 2012 when there was a lot less obvious disgust/lack of support for the other candidates.

The numbers say that the Libertarian candidate for the 8th Congressional District received 10,134 votes, 3% of the vote.

So, you believe you can beat 3% of the vote in the 8th District? On what do you base this upon?

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Excellent question, GodFearinGunTotin.
    Before I introduce this (Nullification Resolution - Horning for Congress) I'd have to throw my support to a couple of pretty decent bills that'd help me win some allies. The recent Audit the Fed bill, certainly, is an easy one to support. And Rep. Paul Broun's "Free Competition in Currency Act" is less likely to go anywhere, but it's even more necessary.
    Mostly, I mean to nullify unconstitutional laws, agencies, powers, etc... I want to shrink the federal government down to its legal size.
    But that will take more voters in other districts to make that happen.
    If I get elected, I'll have a mandate unlike anybody else there, and that will be worth a lot.
    But I wouldn't be expecting all those corrupt pols and the even more corrupt people who purchased them, to just roll over and let me get my way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Excellent question, GodFearinGunTotin.
    Before I introduce this (Nullification Resolution - Horning for Congress) I'd have to throw my support to a couple of pretty decent bills that'd help me win some allies. The recent Audit the Fed bill, certainly, is an easy one to support. And Rep. Paul Broun's "Free Competition in Currency Act" is less likely to go anywhere, but it's even more necessary.
    Mostly, I mean to nullify unconstitutional laws, agencies, powers, etc... I want to shrink the federal government down to its legal size.
    But that will take more voters in other districts to make that happen.
    If I get elected, I'll have a mandate unlike anybody else there, and that will be worth a lot.
    But I wouldn't be expecting all those corrupt pols and the even more corrupt people who purchased them, to just roll over and let me get my way.
    Isn't this a 21st century redux of the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions? I support its intent but none of the other existing states at the time (that was a lot closer to our founding with some of the original founding fathers still around) supported those resolutions. How do you plan on garnering the necessary support?

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    You know your history!
    But, actually, the fact that those two bills passed in two states (and remember, two was a bigger percentage of the states back then!) was very powerful. Forces lined up behind the men who'd written them, and they won the following election.
    And don't forget that the resolutions themselves declared such nullification as the proper remedy for constitutional violations.
    Coming from the federal legislature instead of states (I wish a state or two would pass something like this), in fact, would be more likely to provoke states waking up and acting responsibly.
    I never hold my breath for success...but I'm also not afraid to try it.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Kirk, why are you asking me that? What does the vote total have to do with my wishes or calculations?...that's all up to voters, right?
    That's what Election Day is about.
    I'm offering an option. I'm applying for a job. It's up to voters who gets the job.
    Are you in a betting pool or something?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, why are you asking me that?

Because you are the candidate and you have called for questions. Unless you deny writing your newsletters, er, forum posts, you are the one who wants questions, and I am asking them.

You can just tell me that you are scared and decline to answer my questions and I will stop.

You are the janitor and I have questions.

What does the vote total have to do with my wishes or calculations?

The 3% vote total has to do with your viability as a candidate.

In the 2012 election the Libertarians secured 3% of the vote, what evidence do you point to that you can do any better than 3%?

Are you in a betting pool or something?

Accusing me of a crime does not answer my question.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    1. If you exceed Kirk's questioned total, do you think you'll get enough votes to do for Tom Spangler what you did for Joe Donnelly in the last election? Last time around he drew ~151k votes to the dems ~122k votes.

2. Since you say you'll have to support some 'pretty decent bills' to gain some political support which party do you plan to caucus with?

3. You are running in a district that is a Strong R seat. Why exactly would you be challenging Rep Bucshon who has been a strong republican and started running because of the debacle of Obamascare?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He seems like a decent man, met him and talked for a few hours over drinks back in 12. He was Navy reserve for a decade, he's a heart surgeon who got into politics because of where it was taking medicine in America.

Interesting if only others had the courage to tell me this.

So what is Andrew Horning's background? Does he do anything outside of run for office as professional politician?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Interesting if only others had the courage to tell me this.

So what is Andrew Horning's background? Does he do anything outside of run for office as professional politician?

Since he seems to be on here I'm sure he can answer for himself. Here's his political site: About the Candidate

Other than that can't seem to find much. He has been running in various elections for a while. You might find this site interesting also.

Indiana's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014 - Ballotpedia

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    You seem to think there is a difference between the parties of the state.

You are aware that the state expands under both. The destination is the same. Speed is the only variable.

Top Bottom