Great law! Proof of minimum IQ to run for office!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    HA! Great idea.

One downside though.

Anyone with any amount of intelligence is obviously smart enough to know better than to run for office.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    High IQ doesn't necessarily equate to a good candidate. A fair number of liberals in legislature, congress, and the White House would probably score very high on an IQ test. We've got our fill of those types.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I really don't think that most of the government officials destroying our nation are stupid.

They're quite smart, really. They give us the illusion of choice while they continue marching us towards tyranny.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    High IQ doesn't necessarily equate to a good candidate. A fair number of liberals in legislature, congress, and the White House would probably score very high on an IQ test. We've got our fill of those types.

I remember some wise words of a coach I had in high school who said he would rather see 90% effort and 10% talent than 90% talent and 10% effort. Our current president is a good example of an intelligent man who does not use his talents for the best interest of his country. Our former president may not have scored as high on an IQ test, but he put what he had into the service of our country. Which one makes a better leader?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Alas some of the most intelligent people I have ever known were the biggest idiots when it came to common sense and real world issues.

This is. A baaaad idea.

Just remember college campuses are typically run by highly intelligent folks. The same ones that think GFZs work. 'Nuff said.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I used to test in the 160+ range, never found the ceiling, total Einstein territory. #BUT, I am a notably bad teacher and would be a horrible candidate for elected office. Someone administering an IQ test actually said to me "Oh, you're the one". I'd aced the IQ test she told us not to expect to finish. 100% in less than the allocated time. I'm just an engineer. That's all I am and I'm not anything else. Not trying to brag or anything, just standing in awe of the idea of testing IQ for elected office. And not necessarily a good kind of awe.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Many people I've met with high IQ's lack common sense and the ability to properly use their brain power to solve real life problems.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Many people I've met with high IQ's lack common sense and the ability to properly use their brain power to solve real life problems.

OK, it sounds like instead of a minimum IQ law, we should have a maximum IQ restriction for both voters and candidates. If you are smart, you cannot vote or run for office! That's the American way.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    A better idea would be a test of the voters knowledge of current events and issues. If you are willfully ignorant of what is going on around you, by your own choice, maybe you shouldn't be making decisions that affect the outcome of everyone elses life.

A test that demonstrates that a person at least pays attention to the news and understand what is going on in the world.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Character/integrity/values/etc are more important than IQ imho.

Being a governor or president isn't rocket science.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch Many people I've met with high IQ's lack common sense and the ability to properly use their brain power to solve real life problems.

OK, it sounds like instead of a minimum IQ law, we should have a maximum IQ restriction for both voters and candidates. If you are smart, you cannot vote or run for office! That's the American way.

My point is, it's not a good idea to attempt to correlate IQ with expected performance as an elected official.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Maybe there should be an IQ test, or a common sense test, or at least a test for some semblance of BS detection, before being allowed to post on INGO? Purple font is not used in real life.

Alamo
    Deep in the Heart of Texas

(psst. "Borowitz Report.")

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe there should be an IQ test, or a common sense test, or at least a test for some semblance of BS detection, before being allowed to post on INGO? Purple font is not used in real life.

Alamo
    Deep in the Heart of Texas

(psst. "Borowitz Report.")

The BS test is the one we EACH give by using our sense of discernment, examining the candidate's record, and MOST important, NOT being party drones who just vote for a letter after their name no matter the candidate.

We can also vote for "none of the above" by voting 3rd party so the party hacks see the number of lost votes they COULD'VE gotten if they hadn't foisted another left wing idiot on us.

I know this makes a difference, because more and more I hear the major party hacks crying about people voting for 3rd party candidates and causing their left wing idiot they forced on us to lose.

The party hacks HATE us proving that we DO in fact have other places to go AND our vote does make a difference, and if they want to win they won't blow us off.
    I've had it since 1996 and Bob Dole!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom