• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Haven'r missed an election since I turned 18. I am 52 now so I don't see myself suddenly choosing not to vote. Too many people died so I could be able to vote. I don't plan on letting them down.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Always vote. I do not have a ton of faith. However I firmly believe that if you do not vote, you do not have the right to complain.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have also voted in every election since I was 18. Why wouldn't I vote now? Thousands of patriots died so I can vote.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    If you are not eligible to vote can you still complain?
    You got me there. That would extenuating circumstances. I should have specified, I mainly direct my philosophy tword those that say "why bother" or "it won't change anything" or "they are all bad". So they do not vote. But then the complain about what the politicians are doing. I see it as so long as I vote I am trying to help. If a candidate I vote for lies then I can complain if my candidate doesn't win and the elector official is a schmuck, I can complain. Because as was said, much blood has been shed for my right to vote. I will not dishonor my family and yours by not voting. Plus this is the only option for posative change at the moment. It must be used to its fullest until....

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Haven'r missed an election since I turned 18. I am 52 now so I don't see myself suddenly choosing not to vote. Too many people died so I could be able to vote. I don't plan on letting them down.
    Not to start an argument, but my line of thinking is that those people died to give you the FREEDOM to CHOOSE, not just so you can vote. It may very well be futile as some here have said, but we are lucky that men have died to give us some right of freedom in our governance. We are given the right to choose to vote, or not to vote. We are not forced to voted, nor are we stopped from voting. That is the true gift our soldier have given.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been voting every election since 1984. A lot of absentee ballots while in the USAF, once I filled it out on the window sill of the Post Office in Iceland so I could throw it back in the mail immediately. Was a Florida resident several years (the part of Florida that is smarter than a piece of paper.) I'll be at the library Tuesday morning (voting, not reading) :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

There are also too many dead people voting. :rolleyes:

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I've been voting every election since 1984. A lot of absentee ballots while in the USAF, once I filled it out on the window sill of the Post Office in Iceland so I could throw it back in the mail immediately. Was a Florida resident several years (the part of Florida that is smarter than a piece of paper.) I'll be at the library Tuesday morning (voting, not reading) :)

Hopefully your vote made it into the count.

Many thousands of military votes do not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not to start an argument, but my line of thinking is that those people died to give you the FREEDOM to CHOOSE, not just so you can vote. It may very well be futile as some here have said, but we are lucky that men have died to give us some right of freedom in our governance. We are given the right to choose to vote, or not to vote. We are not forced to voted, nor are we stopped from voting. That is the true gift our soldier have given.

I would like to see the option (and see it used!) of "None of the above", and if that got the most votes, then the office would remain vacant.
    If it was truly a necessary function that that office performed, others would perform it.
    Net effect: Government decreases in size.

Win/win.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I have voted every election since I was 18, though not for every position on the ballot. Often there is nothing more than a choice between evil and less evil. I don't vote for evil or those candidates that do not represent my principles.

Nonetheless, I believe Samuel Clemens was correct when he said, "If voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it."

Top Bottom