Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It can help clean the environment , makes nutritious food for both people and livestock , it can be made into houses , oil and cars .

It ( Hemp ) seems like a " wonder plant " that folks are scared of because someone may get high from it's cousin .

Hey INGO farmers , watch the first 10 minutes and see if what he says holds true for Indiana .

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M2N4EZxAJ4s?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It just blows my mind that a friggin plant can do so many things we need / want , it is a renewable resource and can help the environment , so why is it illegal ?

It makes no logical sense to me unless money is changing hands to keep it illegal .

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Since you brought up Marijuana, maybe it's because they think the unemployable stoners in society already have enough things going their way, without adding more people to the wagon?

(I'm in favor of people doing what they want with their bodies. You simply asked what others may be thinking).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The earth hasn't swallowed up Kentucky yet so I bet life may just continue on in other states that take that step.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The first question on my purity test would be to ask whether the respondent is OK with banning plants that grow wild out of the ground. Nothing screams "statist!" more than prohibiting weeds. Affirmative answers indicate that the person has no use for personal choice, property rights, free markets, small government, and a host of other things.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    If I remember correctly... Hemp was grown around northern Indiana around ww2. Ditch weed is still all around. The reason hemp got banned was money. You could make paper with hemp. So a big wig in the north west that owned a bunch of pulp mills threw his money at some senators and got hemp banned so his tree's would be the only resource for making paper.. But that came from a pot head at work...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I remember correctly... Hemp was grown around northern Indiana around ww2. Ditch weed is still all around. The reason hemp got banned was money. You could make paper with hemp. So a big wig in the north west that owned a bunch of pulp mills threw his money at some senators and got hemp banned so his tree's would be the only resource for making paper.. But that came from a pot head at work...

Yup.....there used to be fields of it all around Lafayette.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The first question on my purity test would be to ask whether the respondent is OK with banning plants that grow wild out of the ground. Nothing screams "statist!" more than prohibiting weeds. Affirmative answers indicate that the person has no use for personal choice, property rights, free markets, small government, and a host of other things.
    Being a gardener, I wish weeds could be banned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're making it into a dichotomy when, to most people, it is an issue of it depends, and weighing this versus that, and deciding which underlying value is most important. But you're welcome to make the purity test as binary and as exclusive as you want. I'm not trying to pass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think maybe he was stoned. There are paper mills all over the country. There's one just down the road from where I lived in Mississippi.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Regular people and old black musicians used weed more or less openly for years. Nobody really cared. Look up when the musical Reefer Madness was written, it is not like this was a recent event. When a bunch of rich spoiled college kids decided that staying high was more important than their studies, their rich and powerfull fathers blamed the weed, not their precious spoiled kids. Next thing we know, lots of law enforcement time gets wasted. Just as most people can use a glass of wine all their lives to aid digestion after dinner, and so many blue collar guys drink a couple of beers after work with no issues, I suggest that the majority who want to enjoy a couple tokes will be no problem. The few who cannot control themselves will surely be worthless stoners, much like the portion of the population who are worthless drunks.

It is not the pot, it is the person.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Watched the video till I couldn't take it any more, he doesn't quite have his AG facts stright. First off trying to compare gross income of various commodities is just looney, tabbacoo and potatoes are not even grown in the same climate at production levels and neither is grow in what is considered the "corn belt". Second, hemp would not be a replacement for corn/sorghum in a feed ration for cattle. Hemp is high in protein, corn is a carbohydrate, you kinda need both to make a balanced ration.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It just blows my mind that a friggin plant can do so many things we need / want , it is a renewable resource and can help the environment , so why is it illegal ?

It makes no logical sense to me unless money is changing hands to keep it illegal .

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the fact that it's a plant isn't reason enough to consider/make it safe/legal like many would suggest.

Top Bottom