• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While his "official" announcement won't be till tomorrow, his campaign is lighting things up a day early. He certainly sounds good and is saying the right stuff. Certainly better than most of the other republicans out there so far. Going to be interesting to see how this all falls out over the next year.

[video=youtube_share;efHGNzG3KJg]http://youtu.be/efHGNzG3KJg[/video]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ok, so what's the catch? I gave up on politicians years ago but he definitely sings a good song. What are his issues?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, so what's the catch? I gave up on politicians years ago but he definitely sings a good song. What are his issues?

I don't agree with him on all points. Also, he seems to have a problem, like his dad, with temperament. Especially with the press. They will be sure to challenge his temperament every chance they get to evoke a "gotcha" response from him.

Other than that, his only other issue is that he actually WANTS to be president of the United States. All such people who run for that office should be under the highest scrutiny possible. But because they say what we want to hear, we put the blinders on and pull the lever anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rand Paul on the Issues

I'm finding it difficult to see anything I dislike about him, yet.

Ron, however, is one of his problems that needs reigned in.

If you really want to find out what to dislike about him, look at what the people who dislike him say about him. For any of those things you actually care about, find out if those things are actually true.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you really want to find out what to dislike about him, look at what the people who dislike him say about him. For any of those things you actually care about, find out if those things are actually true.

First site I looked at was liberal, laying reasons Rand sucks.

All the things they listed were good in my eyes :P

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I've been saying for literally 3 years, if he ran, he'd get my vote. That opinion has not changed. He's leaps and bounds better than Cruz, and his head isn't in the clouds like most republicans. He's a very level headed individual.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First site I looked at was liberal, laying reasons Rand sucks.

All the things they listed were good in my eyes :P

I will say that it is hard to find real criticisms that I actually care about and are true.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I will without a doubt vote for Rand Paul! I am pumped about the fact he is indeed running and can't think of anything better than him getting it, or at least the nomination to start!

I need to get hooked up with some of those "Stand with Rand" shirts or whatever they put out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't agree with him on all points. Also, he seems to have a problem, like his dad, with temperament. Especially with the press. They will be sure to challenge his temperament every chance they get to evoke a "gotcha" response from him.

I can't hold that against any man. I have little use for the press and their efforts to mislead people. I'd trust a politician before a journalist any day of the week.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yay for this. It will be the best Republican I've been able to vote for, for President, in my lifetime.

But I suspect that now, the media destruction begins in earnest. The long knives will come out.

The hedge fund people, left, academia, media...all want no part of somebody like this.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can't hold that against any man. I have little use for the press and their efforts to mislead people. I'd trust a politician before a journalist any day of the week.

I think I would say it this way. I'd trust a non-ideologue over an ideologue any day of the week. Whether it's a politician like Obama, or a journalist like whats-her-face-who-wrote-the-false-rape-peice, an ideologue WILL lie to you and believe it's justice. Politicians and journalists of that kind are equally dangerious.

But as it relates to Ron and Rand Paul, they tend to get very testy if you challenge their fundamental beliefs about something. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, just that I see it as a liability for him.

It will be made a hurdle for Rand to jump over. I think he'll probably stumble over it and the press will make a big deal of it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An R. Paul with anti-interventionist and conspiratorial views is announcing he is running for President tomorrow. Feels like déjà vu.

Now I remember what I disliked about him.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think Rand has more mainstream appeal than his dad, which is good. I don't agree with him on everything, but I would vote for him if he were the nominee.

I think he and Cruz will do a lot in the debates to push back against the statist baloney of guys like Jeb and Christie (if he runs).

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I did. And I happen to agree with what he said about it. I believe in the right to free association. Does that make me a homophobe?

Not at all. I don't think he made his position on the actual bill clear is all. I couldn't tell if he supported it or was against it. If he is against it it sounded like he opposed it on the grounds of we don't need a new law about the subject. He doesn't seem to support new legislation nearly as much as he favors repealing legislation.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Speaking as a Big "L" Libertarian, he's probably about as good as we can get out of the Republicans or Democrats, which still leaves a pretty wide gulf between him and the ideal candidate. If it was between him, Hillary, Biden, Cruz, and Bush, I'd take Rand Paul in a heart beat.

Luckily, we still have Gary Johnson to vote for (assuming he runs again... which I think he will). :)

Top Bottom