• ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    John Kasich: Anti-gun “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing”
    Dear XXXX,
    Comes word, from the Center for Responsive Politics, that Leftist billionaire George Soros, through his Soros Fund Management, is one of John Kasich's top financial contributors.
    This can hardly be a surprise.
    Kasich and Soros share two important traits: (1) their desire to mess up the Republican selection process for devious motives, and (2) their absolute hatred for the Second Amendment.
    Kasich’s antipathy towards gun rights is no secret to anyone who’s watched his career. Make no mistake about it: When we are winning by a large margin -- when we don't need John Kasich’s vote -- he's usually there to give us a big, wet “Don Corleone kiss.”
    But when the vote is close and the future of the Second Amendment is at stake, “Godfather John” usually leaves us a severed horsehead in our bed.
    clintonandkasich1.png

Thus, Kasich famously joined a gaggle of fellow-RINO’s and cast the deciding vote to impose a ban on semi-auto firearms. For this, he received a personal letter of thanks from a gun-hating Bill Clinton.
    Kasich voted for background checks in 1993, a system where roughly 95% of denials are “false positives.” Loretta Lynch’s Justice Department has, since November, shifted FBI employees to insure that, if you’re illegally blocked by NICS from purchasing a firearm, you can never get your record corrected.
    In 1999, Kasich voted to retain restrictive gun ban in Washington, D.C. Not only that, Kasich joined the effort to pass 90% of Clinton’s anti-gun agenda as a form of “gun control lite.”
    Elements of the Kasich/Clinton agenda included:
    (1) Provisions making it virtually impossible to legally teach kids how to use firearms;
    (2) A gun show ban (masquerading as a gun show Instant Check); and
    (3) Mandates to require you to “lock up your guns.”
    Had Clinton been successful in passing his post-Columbine anti-gun agenda, it would have provided a legislative platform which could easily have eviscerated the Second Amendment over the last decade-and-a-half.
    But Kasich's efforts to outlaw guns -- drip-by-drip -- continues to this day.
    Kasich continues to be a chief advocate of actual or de facto amnesty, claiming that enforcing our immigration laws would be “inhumane.”
    Of course, if Kasich gets his way, the legalization of 11 million illegals will have the same effect on the American electorate that the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli amnesty had on California. The country as a whole would become deep “anti-gun blue.”
    And, of course, Kasich was one of the first RINO’s to legitimize the anti-gun ObamaCare program by bringing its massive Medicaid segment into his state.
    Now, all it will take is for Obama to do a computer search of Kasich's Medicaid beneficiaries for “PTSD,” “Alzheimer’s,” and other “mental defectives,” and the gun rights of tens of thousands of law-abiding Ohioans could be jeopardized.
    And all of this was done by Kasich’s particularly nasty form of politics which he is now trying to morph, incredibly, into his “Mr. Nice” act.
    sorosandkasich.jpg

These actions, of course, reflect the hatred for guns by Kasich’s patron, George Soros.
    You may remember that, when Soros launched his campaign of “exposes” designed to destroy the conservative movement piece-by-piece, hisfirst target was Gun Owners of America -- which Soros viewed as even more dangerous than the Koch brothers.
    But perhaps as bad as Kasich’s anti-gun record is his determination to destroy the GOP selection process for personal gain.
    Surely, even the vainglorious Kasich understands that, the longer he stays is the race, the longer the “divided field” makes it easier for an establishment candidate to hijack the process at the convention.
    Polls have shown -- here and here -- that Ted Cruz would beat Donald Trump in a head-to-head matchup.
    But by becoming the REAL “chaos candidate,” Kasich helps destroy the Republican Party by throwing the nomination to someone who is despised by the grassroots. In so doing, Kasich does the bidding of his master, George Soros.
    Ted Cruz would be the natural one to aggressively call out anti-gunner John Kasich for his anti-gun record.
    Please contact Ted Cruz and urge him to expose Kasich. Let’s not let Kasich pull the wool over the eyes of American voters.
    Sincerely,
    Tim Macy
    Chairman
    Gun Owners of America

P.S. While you cannot use GOA’s Legislative Action Center to email Senator Ted Cruz -- unless you are a constituent of his -- you can
    easily contact him through his webform.

So simply copy-n-paste the pre-written letter below into Senator Ted Cruz’ webform and urge him to expose Senator John Kasich’s anti-gun record.
    ----- Pre-written letter for Sen. Ted Cruz -----
    Dear Senator Cruz:
    Thank you so much for your strong defense of the Constitution -- and in particular, the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    Gun Owners of America has informed me that John Kasich has a long record of supporting gun control, including the following:
    1) Kasich cast the deciding vote to impose a ban on semi-auto firearms, and for this, he received a personal letter of thanks from a gun-hating Bill Clinton. See: tinyurl.com/hp4ucsp
    2) Kasich voted for background checks in 1993, a system which is now blocking a percentage of legal gun purchases. Loretta Lynch’s Justice Department has, since November, shifted FBI employees to insure that, if someone is illegally blocked by NICS from purchasing a firearm, they can never get their record corrected. See: tinyurl.com/hp4ucsp
    3) In 1999, Kasich voted to retain restrictive gun ban in Washington, D.C. See: tinyurl.com/zyljbep
    4) Also in 1999, he voted for provisions making it virtually impossible to legally teach kids how to use firearms; for a gun show ban (masquerading as a gun show Instant Check); and for mandates to requiring people to “lock up their guns.” See: tinyurl.com/jq84rcd
    With John Kasich deciding to remain in the presidential race, I think it’s important for someone on the national level to expose his anti-gun votes.
    I hope you will continue to point out Kasich's anti-gun positions.
    Sincerely,

Please do not reply directly to this message, as your reply will bounce back as undeliverable.
    [FONT=sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS]Gun Owners of America
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
    Springfield, VA 22151[/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS]703-321-8585
    www.gunowners.org
    Contact Form[/FONT]

Interesting link, if you didn't read all of the above:

Poll: Trump loses head-to-head vs. both Cruz, Rubio | TheHill

To speak INGO-ese, a vote for Trump in the primary is a vote for Hillary in the general election.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Great endorsement! Kasich is in this for his ego and the potential money...and maybe a VP slot which all plays into the other reasons.

Cruz has defended the 2nd before the Supremes...he's a constitutionalist in practice and has fulfilled the promises he's made to his constituents. This may not be enough this election silly season now though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yes I am going to trust an article that says Trump woukd loose to Rubio especially after he just dropped out of the race.

Been talking allot with my Political Science professors lately (both Democrat as well as Republican) they all agree that Trump will win the primaries. Kaisich is just a small roadblock the man will only wil Ohio he is a Democrat and the voters know it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Great endorsement! Kasich is in this for his ego and the potential money...and maybe a VP slot which all plays into the other reasons.

Cruz has defended the 2nd before the Supremes...he's a constitutionalist in practice and has fulfilled the promises he's made to his constituents. This may not be enough this election silly season now though.

Trump would never allow a slimeball like kasich to get a VP slot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I haven't paid any attention to Rubio or Kasich. Or Bernie. Seems like wasted time since none appeared likely to matter by the time Indiana got a say in anything.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks for the vivid reminder of Kasich's past performance on the Second Amendment, and specifically what I refer to as the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. Folks need to be reminded of this, especially since now the Gov. of Ohio is being peddled as a christlike figure within the party.

I was a twentysomething Ohio resident at the time, and can still remember how shaking furious I was about it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the vivid reminder of Kasich's past performance on the Second Amendment, and specifically what I refer to as the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban. Folks need to be reminded of this, especially since now the Gov. of Ohio is being peddled as a christlike figure within the party.

Kasich — then in the GOP leadership — was one of only 46 Republicans — mainly gun-hating Northeast RINOs — who backed the ban.
    Read more at Letter from Clinton comes back to haunt Kasich

A Northeast RINO...gosh, that sounds familiar.

Even with the Democrats in the majority, the bill barely passed the House 216-214, and was signed by Clinton.
    Read more at Letter from Clinton comes back to haunt Kasich

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/103-1994/h416

Rep. Jack Brooks (D-TX), then chair of the House Judiciary Committee, tried unsuccessfully to remove the assault weapons ban section from the crime bill.

But, but, but (R) means pro-gun and he's saying he really didn't mean it back then, so we're cool, right?

By the way, has INGO looked into Trump's position on Eminent Domain and the transferring of private property from one private owner to another via gov't intervention? Be interesting to see how many people supported Bundy but also support Trump, and how they square that circle.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    By the way, has INGO looked into Trump's position on Eminent Domain and the transferring of private property from one private owner to another via gov't intervention? Be interesting to see how many people supported Bundy but also support Trump, and how they square that circle.

Yeah, lot's of Drumpf files, but lots of Drumpf supporters who don't care.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Trump would never allow a slimeball like kasich to get a VP slot.

Why? Because his ego is too big? Because he never wanted to kick old ladies out of their homes to build a parking lot? Meh, If it would 'make the deal' he'd sell what's left of his soul.

Then again, there's probably not much of that left.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...But, but, but (R) means pro-gun and he's saying he really didn't mean it back then, so we're cool, right?

It's apparently "cool" to the members of the #NeverTrump crowd, some of whom are apparently ready to overlook Kasich's 2A record in order to Beat Hillary. This may have been "before their time," for some of them, so it's good you bring it up.

But anyhoo...I see the drubbing you took in that other thread is still "in your head." :stickpoke: Good, good. Because if I recall, by your reasoning in that thread, the way to "persuade" antigun democrats over to our way of thinking, is by being open-minded about being willing to support them, if they show a willingness to "morph" their positions into what we want to hear. So...by your reasoning...it's plausible Trump could simply be considered the most high-profile and successful recent example of precisely what you were (ahem) advocating?

(PS - is your boy really shutting down Eagle Creek? Guess we need to be more "persuasive" next time).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's apparently "cool" to the members of the #NeverTrump crowd, some of whom are apparently ready to overlook Kasich's 2A record in order to Beat Hillary. This may have been "before their time," for some of them, so it's good you bring it up.

But anyhoo...I see the drubbing you took in that other thread is still "in your head." :stickpoke: Good, good. Because if I recall, by your reasoning in that thread, the way to "persuade" antigun democrats over to our way of thinking, is by being open-minded about being willing to support them, if they show a willingness to "morph" their positions into what we want to hear. So...by your reasoning...it's plausible Trump could simply be considered the most high-profile and successful recent example of precisely what you were (ahem) advocating?

(PS - is your boy really shutting down Eagle Creek? Guess we need to be more "persuasive" next time).

Kasich's anti-2A past is right there as well. I'll admit I was unaware of it until GOA pointed it out, largely because I don't bother to research candidates until it looks like I'll get some input on them. Since the primaries may actually matter in Indiana this time (holy crap!), it's time. I just find it a bit odd that so many "single issue voters" aren't really looking into the past of the folks they support.

There are Democrats I'm willing to vote for. Hillary isn't one of them.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Yeah, lot's of Drumpf files, but lots of Drumpf supporters who don't care.

Yep!

And if Drumpf gets in the WH, we are lost. And, if Sanders gets in the WH, we are real lost. And God forbid, if Hillary gets in the WH, we are totally lost. British Columbia is starting to look good.

Please, vote for Cruz.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort

Funny thing about records.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    John Kasich: Anti-gun “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing”
    Dear XXXX,
    -Snip-
    Thus, Kasich famously joined a gaggle of fellow-RINO’s and cast the deciding vote to impose a ban on semi-auto firearms. For this, he received a personal letter of thanks from a gun-hating Bill Clinton.
    -snip-

Yes, Kasich is an anti-gun left winger, BUT he didn't cast the deciding vote in the so-called "assault weapon" ban (though he did vote for it).

That "honor" went to Democrat Congressman Andrew Jacobs of Indianapolis.

I remember when it happened and he was interviewed about it on TV.
    Jacobs was quite proud of himself.

From https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-32870988/house-bans-assault-guns-by-two-votes-members-target
    "The voting clock had run down, and the opponents were holding a one-vote lead when Rep. Andrew Jacobs Jr., D-Ind., switched sides and voted for the bill - moments before the gavel fell on the proceedings."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, Kasich is an anti-gun left winger, BUT he didn't cast the deciding vote in the so-called "assault weapon" ban.

That "honor" went to Democrat Congressman Andrew Jacobs of Indianapolis.

I remember when it happened and he was interviewed about it on TV.
    Jacobs was quite proud of himself.

From https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-32870988/house-bans-assault-guns-by-two-votes-members-target
    "The voting clock had run down, and the opponents were holding a one-vote lead when Rep. Andrew Jacobs Jr., D-Ind., switched sides and voted for the bill - moments before the gavel fell on the proceedings."

With respect, wouldn't all votes be deciding votes? I get what you're saying, but it's like basketball's winning shot. All the shots before that counted equally to the win, they just weren't as dramatic. A few less Republicans bailing or a few more Democrats bailing away from their respective party majorities and it wouldn't have mattered, the Clinton AWB would have been a never was, just like the Obama AWB.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    yeah but he changed his mind, or something. dunno, I've yet to get a clear answer from a trump supporter justifying his anti-gun past.

I've given it boatload of times.

9/11 happened, a lot of people changed their minds about a lot of thing. Trump realized gun control prevents people from protecting themselves from terrorists and changed course.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    With respect, wouldn't all votes be deciding votes? I get what you're saying, but it's like basketball's winning shot. All the shots before that counted equally to the win, they just weren't as dramatic. A few less Republicans bailing or a few more Democrats bailing away from their respective party majorities and it wouldn't have mattered, the Clinton AWB would have been a never was, just like the Obama AWB.

Sure, every vote counts, and certainly Kasich was on the list of sellouts.

But with respect also, do you remember when it happened?
    The big story was about Jacobs, not Kasich.
    There was much outrage over his switching his vote when he saw he could change the outcome, myself included.
    Jacobs was all over the news talking his same phony his sanctimonious BS about it being an historic opportunity, etc.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure, every vote counts.
    But with respect also, do you remember when it happened?
    There was much outrage over his switching his vote when he saw he could change the outcome, myself included.
    Jacobs was all over the news talking his same phony his sanctimonious BS about it being an historic opportunity, etc.

I don't remember it. I mean, I remember it happened but I don't remember the nuts and bolts by any stretch. In my defense, I was much more into alcohol and chasing females who looked like they might lay down for me then politics at the time. My first inkling that this sort of thing mattered was when the Brady Bill ruined a bunch of soldiers' careers retroactively, and at the time I was in Kansas and they didn't have a carry permit anyway. It wasn't until my return to Indiana in 2000 and getting my LTCH that I really paid much attention. In retrospect, the magazine capacity limits in place at the time probably explain somewhat how I ended up with the 1911 as my carry gun for so many years.

Top Bottom