The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is the consolidated thread for all things related to the 2016 US General Election, it is a consolidation of these threads:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/415115-2016-general-election-thread.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ican-primary-general-election-megathread.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/407721-trump.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...atic-primary-general-election-megathread.html

Here are the rules to participate:

-Be respectful to one another to a fault.
    -Violations may result in being banned until after the election, or longer.
    -Moderators/staff have final say in any issue.

Please continue...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I hope this isn't disrespectful, but I think this is a terrible idea to put it all in 1 thread. My humble preference would be to have a Trump thread, a HRC thread, and a 2016 General Election thread. There are campaign-specific issues that aren't necessarily an issue for the election.

Recognizing and understanding that INGO isn't a democracy, I think that structure would actually be easier to moderate and self-censor.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope this isn't disrespectful, but I think this is a terrible idea to put it all in 1 thread. My humble preference would be to have a Trump thread, a HRC thread, and a 2016 General Election thread. There are campaign-specific issues that aren't necessarily an issue for the election.

Recognizing and understanding that INGO isn't a democracy, I think that structure would actually be easier to moderate and self-censor.

I agree for the most part here. But we can adapt, I suppose

Also, while I'm sure the old "trump" thread was probably obsolete by the newer one... I did like posting the hardcore, not-really-political sorts of Trump stories there. Things related to him, and not really his campaign.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Impossible. Just words. His entire campaign has been words and these impossible tasks.

You don't really think he would do that on day one, do you?

The wall might be impossible, restructuring trade deals might be impossible, eliminating Obamacare might be impossible.

But voiding Obama Executive Orders is not impossible, and I'll take him on his word that he will do it day one.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I understand the spirit of your statement, but in practice...this whole thing has been an exercise in herding cats.

When I read through those four linked threads I see no appreciable difference in the content or tone of those conversations. One conversation is easier to moderate than four.

New threads may be warranted, and will be created if necessary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom