• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If it could be legally done, Obama would have done it already.

It can't, so he hasn't.

I don't suspect newly inaugurated Madam President is going to risk the political and legal fallout of a legal challenge to such executive overreach...and yes, I'm aware of the state of SCOTUS.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    She can have the ATF stop imports except for those people who would pay for the privileged to sell here in the states, I don't think the ATF is answerable to anybody about what constitutes "sporting purposes".

That would give her a quick scalp to wave in front of the gun haters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If it could be legally done, Obama would have done it already.

It can't, so he hasn't.

I don't suspect newly inaugurated Madam President is going to risk the political and legal fallout of a legal challenge to such executive overreach...and yes, I'm aware of the state of SCOTUS.

Obama used up all his favors on Obamacare. The rest he done illegally. Doesn't matter if no one stops him.

Hillary will do the same thing with The Second Amendment. Executive orders, trial balloons, etc. We already know she has Comey and Lynch plus ALL of the Omama appointed judges and a soon to be liberal SCOTUS.

She'll also open our borders completely and put alien voting rights on fast track.

It would be foolish to believe she couldn't dismantle the Second Amendment a piece at a time until it's gone, never to return.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It would be foolish to believe she couldn't dismantle the Second Amendment a piece at a time until it's gone, never to return.
    We need to remember, and make clear, that most of our rights AFFIRMED by the Bill of Rights predate the revolution and the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't grant us our rights, it's the terms under which we grant the pols their authority to govern. If the professional ruling class repeals the 2A it just means that they're in violation of contract and that the legitimacy of their authority is null and void--not our rights.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    She can have the ATF stop imports except for those people who would pay for the privileged to sell here in the states, I don't think the ATF is answerable to anybody about what constitutes "sporting purposes".

That would give her a quick scalp to wave in front of the gun haters.
    Why didn't Obama do it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need to remember, and make clear, that most of our rights AFFIRMED by the Bill of Rights predate the revolution and the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't grant us our rights, it's the terms under which we grant the pols their authority to govern. If the professional ruling class repeals the 2A it just means that they're in violation of contract and that the legitimacy of their authority is null and void--not our rights.

I fully understand that. It would be foolish to go that direction though, when we have an alternative.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Why didn't Obama do it?

Didn't he flirt with something similar on this about imported SKS, AKs, etc? Milsurp stuff?

I'm as anti-Hilary as humanly possible, but I suspect she's not a "true believer" on guns. I don't know of there is really anything on which she really is willing to risk her political fortunes. Her entire career has been dedicated to telling as many people as possible what they want to hear. She has no true character, she's water, taking the shape of whatever container she's in. Her only nature is utter corruption and self-enrichment.

I strongly suspect that there will be many Dems in Congress who would recall the relationship between the 1994 AWB and the 1994 midterm elections. The cost in political capital to go far on guns is just too great.

That's why Obama, even separated from a re-election effort and accountable to no one, hasn't done more on guns. He has a lot of House members asking him not to.

Hillary's record in all roles has been one of feckless, clueless reading of political winds. She's been on both sides of every issue at one point or another. On truly contentious issues, she's afraid to go to war.

Clintons are survivors, and that comes from not taking risks. Clinton would never have done the ACA the way Obama did. She knew it would poison the well for the rest of her term. Obama? He's so much more arrogant and naive that he just figured he can do anything he wants.

Which is why he got the 2010 midterms. And 2014 midterms, for that matter.

Never forget Tip O Neill's maxim about all politics being local. Ultimately, it's your state Legislature, and your House/Senate votes that matter most. And your contributions, and letters/calls/etc.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Why didn't Obama do it?

The good and bad of it is he's lazy. At the top of his agenda is money in his pocket and the next expensive golf vacation. Why start something that's not going to make you any personal cash and stir up a hornets nest that will take you away from practicing your chip shots.

Hitlery on the other hand is crazy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Didn't he flirt with something similar on this about imported SKS, AKs, etc? Milsurp stuff?

I'm as anti-Hilary as humanly possible, but I suspect she's not a "true believer" on guns. I don't know of there is really anything on which she really is willing to risk her political fortunes. Her entire career has been dedicated to telling as many people as possible what they want to hear. She has no true character, she's water, taking the shape of whatever container she's in. Her only nature is utter corruption and self-enrichment.

I strongly suspect that there will be many Dems in Congress who would recall the relationship between the 1994 AWB and the 1994 midterm elections. The cost in political capital to go far on guns is just too great.

That's why Obama, even separated from a re-election effort and accountable to no one, hasn't done more on guns. He has a lot of House members asking him not to.

Hillary's record in all roles has been one of feckless, clueless reading of political winds. She's been on both sides of every issue at one point or another. On truly contentious issues, she's afraid to go to war.

Clintons are survivors, and that comes from not taking risks. Clinton would never have done the ACA the way Obama did. She knew it would poison the well for the rest of her term. Obama? He's so much more arrogant and naive that he just figured he can do anything he wants.

Which is why he got the 2010 midterms. And 2014 midterms, for that matter.

Never forget Tip O Neill's maxim about all politics being local. Ultimately, it's your state Legislature, and your House/Senate votes that matter most. And your contributions, and letters/calls/etc.

Good points. A lot of congress lost their jobs after the last big clinton push on guns. I think she'll stick to what can be done in administration and the courtroom. Giving big city law firms open hunting privileges on manufacturers and dealers is a choice item if she can get it through, makes cash for her friends and the expense of her enemies.

Top Bottom