How much damage can the POtuS do in the next 60 days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Will do as much damage a possible, bathhouse berry has absolutely no respect for this county, the little ***** would have no problem launching a nuke.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1st problem, is the Bureaucracy.
    2nd problems, I'm sure even in 4 years, you probably won't trim it down because people have accepted it as normal.

Bureaucracy in and of itself is not bad. The problem is when it runs things.
    Laws are not supposed to be made by bureaucrats. Only by elected officials.
    And calling them rules or regulations, does not change the fact, that it is being done by the government to restrict the citizen, which is a law.
    At least if they are made by an ELECTED official, the public can hold the official accountable.

The same with fees or whatever they wanted to call them.
    A rose by any other name, is still a rose.
    A tax by any other name, is still a tax.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    If Congress adjourned for the year too soon,can't the POtuS make a recess appointment of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS for 2years?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    It isn't likely the senate would allow that. Some few senators would come back off recess and perform some legislative function to prevent the recess rule from being actionable.

And even if they didn't they could replace him with a permanent appointment as soon as they came back.

I don't see Obama bothering with it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If Congress adjourned for the year too soon,can't the POtuS make a recess appointment of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS for 2years?

Maybe, but Potter Stewart was the last recess appointment in the late '50s.

IIRC Senate passed internal rule saying no recess appointments for Supreme Court. I'd have to dig for the resolution.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

I've worried about that happening.
    Obama's "witch with a b" McConnell would just put on an ACT about how he was "powerless" to stop it, when he no doubt would've made a deal with the Democrats to let it happen.
    He's been known to lie about "deals" before, claiming there was "no deal", and Ted Cruz even called him on it.
    I wouldn't trust McConnell as far as I could throw him into the wind.

https://www.conservativereview.com/...ol-of-the-senate-unless-conservatives-step-up

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I suppose it's discriminatory to require them to live in this country as well? I supposed that's the next step....oh wait, she lost. Maybe that law will get changed back to something that begins to resemble common sense.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I suppose it's discriminatory to require them to live in this country as well? I supposed that's the next step....oh wait, she lost. Maybe that law will get changed back to something that begins to resemble common sense.

Your expectations are way to high, and obviously discriminatory. Duly noted, welcome to the watch list. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If your state doesn't mandate a US citizenship requirement, you can't circumvent it with department policy. That's federal law. And yep, "she" lost, perhaps Trump can change federal laws he doesn't like, with a wave of his had, and make that decisions for the individual states.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom