Page 184 of 238 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2372
    That article is a year old. In politics, that is Pleistocene, Indy.
    Drug use is not a victimless crime.

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    That article is a year old. In politics, that is Pleistocene, Indy.
    Right...2015 is when the boycott started...I am not surprised that it took a year to have an effect...In business terms a year is yesterday and I look at things from a businessman's prism....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Macy announced that it is going to close 6 stores and lay off 10,000 people. If you recall, they broke ties with Trump. Following their announcement, a couple days Trump made light of the situation calling it "another win for Trump." My post is essentially said this is why he should stay off Twitter, because that sentiment comes off as very childish, given that 10,000 people are going to be out of jobs. It makes him seem as if his personal beef with Macy's executive management is more noteworthy, than the people that work under them. Twitter is going to ruin Trump, if he doesn't get a handle on it.
    This is the first I've heard of that. Shows crass pettiness if true. But that attribute, seemingly unimportant to many, has never been in doubt.
    I'm voting Dedo Medio. No, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Macy announced that it is going to close 6 stores and lay off 10,000 people. If you recall, they broke ties with Trump. Following their announcement, a couple days Trump made light of the situation calling it "another win for Trump." My post is essentially said this is why he should stay off Twitter, because that sentiment comes off as very childish, given that 10,000 people are going to be out of jobs. It makes him seem as if his personal beef with Macy's executive management is more noteworthy, than the people that work under them. Twitter is going to ruin Trump, if he doesn't get a handle on it.
    Macy's CEO should have stayed non-political and focused on selling clothes. Since it's July 2015 political tangle with Trump (whether the boycott was the actual cause or not) the stock has been an absolute dog and the closings and layoffs indicate a steep decline not there in July 2015.

It does appear that Trump has the big stick (UTC, Ford, etc), but not so much on the speaking softly, lol!
    The news folk know the NarrativeTM... and questioning the NarrativeTM ... is not part of the NarrativeTM.

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    It seems like only yesterday boycotts were a powerful tool to promote change and to vote with one's pocket book...Now that those on the right are doing them I guess they are just job killers perpetuated by mean old Republicans trying to starve poor people.....Who knew???

Donald Trump Supporters Boycott Pepsi, Macy?s, Dreamworks and Netflix
    It's like I've said for the last year or two. There are consequences for companies which take political stands. There's always another side. If you're willing to lose the business of the other side, sure. Go ahead and make that political stand. Otherwise keep yer politics to yerself and do yer business. I don't care what your politics are, but if a business decides to be political activists, so will I.

Of course, if like in the case of owning a gun store, the people who tend to patronize your business will tend to agree with your politics, and the people who would never patronize your business are the other side. So you're safe to be as political as you want.

I have not seen boycotts be successful. Perhaps the Macy's CEO knew of internal numbers the public did not have and felt a public spat with someone not well liked and likely to lose may help. Oops.

For the record I have no problem with boycotts. It's the ultimate display of economic freedom.

by the way, does INGO support avoiding stores that refuse those who carry a gun? I can't remember.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

How many Trumpers shop at Macy's anyway? Right?

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Of course, if like in the case of owning a gun store, the people who tend to patronize your business will tend to agree with your politics, and the people who would never patronize your business are the other side. So you're safe to be as political as you want.
    Hey man...Hippies buy guns too...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    Hey man...Hippies buy guns too...
    Okay. I'll modify that then. How about this:

If like in the case of owning a gun store, the people who tend to patronize your business will tend to agree with your politics, and the people who tend not to patronize your business are the other side. You'll still have a descent clientele if you take a political stand.

Only if your store is in the basement

Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.