• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I think Obama is butt hurt with the public for voting Republican Party.

Some people may wait a little longer for their tax refunds next spring.

Households that file early and claim the earned income tax credit or the additional child tax credit won't see their refunds until after Feb. 15. The delay affects only those taxpayers.
    The Internal Revenue Service said the delays are the result of a new anti-fraud regulation that will take effect in 2017. The rule will give the agency more time to sniff out phony returns and prevent refunds from going to scammers.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So you think Obama devised this plan? Maybe gin up support among the base (EIC recipients), but to what end?

Do you realize that anti-fraud measures have been ramping up for the past two years or more? The problem is that fraudsters move fast to claim easy money.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    So you think Obama devised this plan? Maybe gin up support among the base (EIC recipients), but to what end?

Do you realize that anti-fraud measures have been ramping up for the past two years or more? The problem is that fraudsters move fast to claim easy money.

INGO-home of the I don't have a sense of humor in this beeatch!! It was a joke a joke !! Holy crap!!
    But yes you are correct, fraud is one fast moving crime. A lot like a joke with a punch line!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    INGO-home of the I don't have a sense of humor in this beeatch!! It was a joke a joke !! Holy crap!!
    But yes you are correct, fraud is one fast moving crime. A lot like a joke with a punch line!!

Sorry, missed the joke.

It's just that there's so much crazy dumb things said on INGO these days...

The sucky thing is that I'll have to explain this to my clients for the next month.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Sorry, missed the joke.

It's just that there's so much crazy dumb things said on INGO these days...

The sucky thing is that I'll have to explain this to my clients for the next month.

Jetta are you tax prepper?
    My mom would would do tax prep for a part time gig to help with food on the table and I know she dreaded this time of year.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm a volunteer preparer for VITA. I don't get paid, it just fulfills my need to crunch numbers and server others. A high proportion of my "clients" are getting EIC. I only do about four returns a week.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm a volunteer preparer for VITA. I don't get paid, it just fulfills my need to crunch numbers and server others. A high proportion of my "clients" are getting EIC.

I gotcha, man this time of the year has to be rough!! And your correct this won't make it easier on you. I just never grasped as to why a person takes the time to commit such crimes when they can go out and get a job. Boggles my mind.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I gotcha, man this time of the year has to be rough!! And your correct this won't make it easier on you. I just never grasped as to why a person takes the time to commit such crimes when they can go out and get a job. Boggles my mind.

:dunno: Some people are just scum...

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm a volunteer preparer for VITA. I don't get paid, it just fulfills my need to crunch numbers and server others. A high proportion of my "clients" are getting EIC. I only do about four returns a week.
    Dude. I hate doing my taxes so much I wait until the last minute EVERY year! Every year. I hate it.

Every year I swear the next year I'm hiring someone else to do it. Every year I put that decision off because I'm a cheap ass and don't want to pay someone for something I can do. But I hate it. I just want it to go away.

I just can't wrap my head around anyone WANTING to do other people's taxes for free. You, sir, are an anomaly of charitable goodness. I commend you. I'd rep you if it meant anything.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If I had my way, everyone would get their full paychecks and have to write a check (or money order) for what they owe- no refunds.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I had my way, everyone would get their full paychecks and have to write a check (or money order) for what they owe- no refunds.
    I'd like to see a reasonable flat rate, no deductions, pay your own taxes, monthly. No more payroll deductions. No more tax returns. No more refunds. You grit your teeth as you fill out the tax check each month, and remember how painful that was when you're in the voting booth.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am excited about anti-fraud stuff for the child tax credits. It is abused to the nth degree.

Have you ever talked to people that do taxes at the walmart kiosks or H&R block that give instant refunds when you file them? Just disgusting.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI

If I thought that the majority of the tax paying public would be able to pay their bill, I'd agree with you.
    Couple that with making the bills due on Sep 30, just before election season.

Sad fact is that unless the money is stolen before it's received, it won't be paid as it's already been spent...

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Dude. I hate doing my taxes so much I wait until the last minute EVERY year! Every year. I hate it.

Every year I swear the next year I'm hiring someone else to do it. Every year I put that decision off because I'm a cheap ass and don't want to pay someone for something I can do. But I hate it. I just want it to go away.

I had no idea I had a twin named jamil? LOL

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just can't wrap my head around anyone WANTING to do other people's taxes for free. You, sir, are an anomaly of charitable goodness. I commend you. I'd rep you if it meant anything.
    Well, it gives me a small amount endorphins to see that "Notfications 1" at the top.

For me, the tax code is a puzzle and I get a happy feeling when I solve the puzzle. I'm an engineer - it's all about finding optimal solutions when give obtuse requirements.

Plus, I meet a lot of really nice, interesting people that I'd never meet if I stayed in Vanilla Village on the north side of Ft. Wayne.
    I am excited about anti-fraud stuff for the child tax credits. It is abused to the nth degree.

Have you ever talked to people that do taxes at the walmart kiosks or H&R block that give instant refunds when you file them? Just disgusting.

Yup - preying on the ignorant, needy and those lacking in self control.

They can come to us, get it done for free, and get direct deposit with only a few extra days of waiting.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Many years ago I lived in some Vanilla Villages in Ft. Wayne. I've lived off of St Joe Center rd, Dupont Rd., even Aboite. Aboite is very vanilla.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many years ago I lived in some Vanilla Villages in Ft. Wayne. I've lived off of St Joe Center rd, Dupont Rd., even Aboite. Aboite is very vanilla.
    Yup.

Dupont area is the new Vanilla Village. It's taken over from SW as the place to live. The hospitals, Carrol HS and Leo schools being the big draw.

For the most part, culinary choices are generic and bland. :(

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yup.

Dupont area is the new Vanilla Village. It's taken over from SW as the place to live. The hospitals, Carrol HS and Leo schools being the big draw.

For the most part, culinary choices are generic and bland. :(

I was in Ft Wayne over New Years. Man it's changed a lot. Many areas are unrecognizable.

Top Bottom