• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do yourself a favor and listen to a segment from the Adam Carolla podcast. He interviews a man named James E. Mitchell. Mr. Mitchell wrote a book entitled: "Enhanced Interrogation: Inside the Minds and Motives of the Islamic Terrorists Trying To Destroy America".

Mr. Mitchell is a psychologist who served in the Air Force before and after getting is psychology education. he was the chief of psychology at the Air Force survival school at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington. Mitchell supervised the trainers who role-played as enemy interrogators for military personnel going through Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) training. After leaving the Air Force, he was asked by CIA to develop an interrogation program based on what were believed to be al-Qaeda documents on resisting interrogation. Mitchell recommended use of SERE counter-interrogation training, reverse-engineered to obtain intelligence from captives. Mitchell was later reported to have personally waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Here is a short summary of the interview:

Adam asks him about his background on the bomb squad, as well as to elaborate on some of the more dangerous encounters he’s had. The guys then go on to discuss interrogating Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and the effectiveness of enhanced interrogation and why our own political correctness may undo us. Before hanging up, he talks about the ridiculousness of being sued by terrorists, and what their goals in the future will be.

If you don't have iTunes, you can listen here. The pertinent part is from 14:55 through 44:00.

Grant Imahara and James Mitchell

He talks extensively about what kind of information he got from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (a lot), how effective "enhanced interrogation" was (very), what it actually is (not what you may think) and about thwarted terrorist attacks including 9/11 style attacks on L.A., Seattle and Chicago, a dirty bomb, and a plan to bomb several gas stations up and down the east coast. He also relates that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed couldn'r believe that GWB actually took the fight to them and that this greatly hampered, and scared, the terrorists. He also stated that KSM told him that America's political correctness is what the terrorists are counting on to infiltrate and eventually attack.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is the response you get when you ask people to spend 1/2 hour doing something that wasn't their idea.

i get it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't even see this when it was originally posted. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He definitely sounds like a guy who knows what his audience wants to hear to sell books. I do think it's interesting to hear from him though.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I like the VICE interview better. A few better questions asked. A lot more information to be gleaned.

[video=youtube;MmNUi0itl-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmNUi0itl-8[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Should such techniques be used on American citizens, if it is "thought" that they have information important to preserving life?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Should such techniques be used on American citizens, if it is "thought" that they have information important to preserving life?

That's another thread (which you are, of course, free to start). This is about foreign terrorists.

Twang (would be more impressed if you actually reviewed the OP material and stated an opinion about it, before attempting to redirect the thread)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's another thread (which you are, of course, free to start). This is about foreign terrorists.

Twang (would be more impressed if you actually reviewed the OP material and stated an opinion about it, before attempting to redirect the thread)

Is OP material not enhanced interrogation? Feels like an unnecessary restriction to put on this thread, that we can only talk about it in that narrow context.

He goes into his SERE training which directly involved using enhanced interrogation techniques on Americans.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

My first response is yes but that would make us a "police state" so then i say no but then that begs the question of from what point of view do i look at this from?

From an agent of the .gov who is tasked to protect the people or from the people. Oh wait the agents of the .gov are not here to protect the people they are their to protect the interest of the .gov. So based on that i say no.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

No.

Anyone who says otherwise is not an American. The 8th amendment specifically forbids such a practice.

As a follow up, as I know it's coming... No, the constitution does not apply to all humanity.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No.

Anyone who says otherwise is not an American. The 8th amendment specifically forbids such a practice.

As a follow up, as I know it's coming... No, the constitution does not apply to all humanity.

Not from me. I hold the opinion that is the way it should be, but most people here, I think disagree.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    since everyone on the planet has the right to live in America I think the constitution should apply to everyone everywhere

can we just annex the world?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Listened to it. I had seen him a few times with shorter segments on various FNC shows. Personally, I think he is an American hero and should be listened to carefully.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Listened to it. I had seen him a few times with shorter segments on various FNC shows. Personally, I think he is an American hero and should be listened to carefully.

I particularly liked the discussion of being seconded guessed by soccer moms in the Whole Foods parking lot who hold opinions with no knowledge or experience regarding what actually went on, what was done, or the useful information that was obtained. If not a Whole Foods parking lot, perhaps an online forum.

Top Bottom