• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Very graphic video included. It appears to be a line of soldiers getting on a bus. A large truck drives through the line, they had no time to react. France, Germany, now Israel. Straight from the terrorist playbook (or whatever they call it.)

A Palestinian who may be linked to ISIS rammed his speeding truck into a group of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem Sunday, killing four people and wounding 15 others before being shot dead in one of the deadliest attacks in a year-long campaign of violence, Israeli police said.

Five people were arrested Sunday -- including the assailant's father and brother -- in connection with the attack.

4 killed, 15 wounded as truck rams into Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem | Fox News

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    THIS is a glaring example of why there can be no "two state solution"...you can NOT make peace with an enemy whose stated reason for existing is to annihilate you...

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    THIS is a glaring example of why there can be no "two state solution"...you can NOT make peace with an enemy whose stated reason for existing is to annihilate you...

:yesway: Anyone willing to strap bombs on to their own kids in order to kill one infidel cannot be reasoned with or negotiated with.

And yes, I'm sure the refugees are all peaceful....they don't know the story of the Trojan horse...do they?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Truck attacks are scary.
    You can't tackle a truck, or truck driver, to the ground like you can a gunman. on foot.
    You can't stop the attack right away with a few shots even if you're carrying a gun.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Truck attacks are scary.
    You can't tackle a truck, or truck driver, to the ground like you can a gunman. on foot.
    You can't stop the attack right away with a few shots even if you're carrying a gun.

I assume that why there have been so many lately. Best thing you can do is stop these terrorists from entering your boarders

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Truck attacks are scary.

Copy that, but, thank God we can carry in America, so we at least have a fighting chance. At the very least, we may minimize what, otherwise, would be the causality toll.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Paging the usual INGOers who come into threads like this to, well... Do what they do with threads like this.

My take? Exterminate radical Islamic terrorists like the rabid animals they are.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Copy that, but, thank God we can carry in America, so we at least have a fighting chance. At the very least, we may minimize what, otherwise, would be the causality toll.

I'm not saying having a gun wouldn't help but you have to take into consideration new tactics when it comes to a truck attack.
    After the truck attack in France I've seen comments like "Oh if I was there with a gun I could have shot the tires and stop the attack."

Some people relly too much on their tool, the gun, and not on tactics.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm not saying having a gun wouldn't help but you have to take into consideration new tactics when it comes to a truck attack.
    After the truck attack in France I've seen comments like "Oh if I was there with a gun I could have shot the tires and stop the attack."

:yesway:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

As I recall, there were a couple people who jumped on the cab of the truck as it was in motion -- however they did not have guns like the terrorist driver did. The driver used his handgun as club to knock at least one of the interveners off the truck. Had either of them a handgun and the training and chutzpah to use it, they could have cut short his rampage.

don't shoot the tires, shoot the terrorist.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So I am reading elsewhere (British Mail I think) that the soldiers had been on a tour of Jerusalem and had just gotten off the bus when they were attacked. And that the tour bus guide (not the soldiers?) emptied a magazine into the windshield/cab of the truck, killing the driver.

It also appears to me in the video that the group of soldiers in the foreground have some kind of long arms with them, but the resolution is so poor it is hard to tell. Several (all?) of them have some kind of horizontal, long thin object -- which sure looks like a slung rifle. Yet when they realize something is up, they all turn and run away from the incident, nobody takes a defensive posture -- I am guessing because they have no ammo?

It's easy to dump on people from a keyboard, but jeez, you put groups of IDF guys and gals in uniform anywhere in Israel but especially in Jerusalem, I would think if you didn't arm them all at least have an armed security overwatch? Or even if unarmed, have some security observers posted around the area to give warning?

Early times, more details may emerge that say otherwise, but it does not seem they were prepared for this.
    The reality of that area is that if you are an Israeli, a Jew, a Christian, a Buddhist, whatever, you are a target, and doubly so if you are in an IDF uniform. Those guys had no more security than the vast majority of our military, which is to say very little outside of an actual combat zone.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    16jkiad.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    As I recall, there were a couple people who jumped on the cab of the truck as it was in motion -- however they did not have guns like the terrorist driver did. The driver used his handgun as club to knock at least one of the interveners off the truck. Had either of them a handgun and the training and chutzpah to use it, they could have cut short his rampage.

don't shoot the tires, shoot the terrorist.

:yesway:

One guy jumped on the truck and punched the driver, causing the driver to focus on looking for his gun (I think he had his gun in a bag) and not driving.
    That gave some time for the police to catch up with the truck who had stopped and they shot the driver.

One other tried to slow down the truck by throwing his bike under the wheels too I think.

Some people just rely too much on their gun and their "tactics" are things they seen in movies.
    If faced with an 18 wheeler their plan is to waste a full mag (probably the only mag they have) on the tires (we're not even talking about the risks of richochets in a crowd).

Or shoot anywhere at random at the truck and hope it flips up in a ball of fire, and stops dead in its tracks, like in the movies.

Even if you shoot and kill the driver you still have to worry about the momentum of the truck.
    With an automatic transmission it's likely that the truck would keep going, even with a dead driver and all the tires deflated.

I guess the best way to stop a bad guy with a truck is a good guy with a truck.

I'm just tired of internet commandos with their **** poor tactics who think they would have saved the day just because they would have been their with their gun.

When they would have most likely just hit more innocent people by trying to shoot the tires of a moving truck.

Top Bottom