• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Obama's farewell speech will be a call to action, aides say - Chicago Tribune

President Barack Obama's farewell address at McCormick Place on Tuesday night is not intended as a victory lap, but a call to action to the next generation of leaders, White House officials said.

"It's a passing of the baton," White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told a group of reporters on the eve of Obama's last speech to the nation.

The speech is set for 8 p.m. at the lakefront convention center. Planning began last summer, when Obama, Psaki and other top advisers were mapping out the final months of his eight years in office...

..."His intention is to motivate people to want to get involved and fight for their democracy," Jarrett said. "The major focus on the speech isn't going to be reflecting back on how far we've come over the last eight years, but really looking forward and how we take the accomplishments, many (of which) through the hard work and grit of the American people came to fruition, and build on that going forward."...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obama's farewell speech will be a call to action, aides say - Chicago Tribune

President Barack Obama's farewell address at McCormick Place on Tuesday night is not intended as a victory lap, but a call to action to the next generation of leaders, White House officials said.

"It's a passing of the baton," White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told a group of reporters on the eve of Obama's last speech to the nation.

The speech is set for 8 p.m. at the lakefront convention center. Planning began last summer, when Obama, Psaki and other top advisers were mapping out the final months of his eight years in office...

..."His intention is to motivate people to want to get involved and fight for their democracy," Jarrett said. "The major focus on the speech isn't going to be reflecting back on how far we've come over the last eight years, but really looking forward and how we take the accomplishments, many (of which) through the hard work and grit of the American people came to fruition, and build on that going forward."...

Build what. With what. By whom.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    4be330354942f772ada82084fc7f9e78.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Didn't we already have this when Obama told voters to consider Hilary's election as his third term? Pretty sure that didn't end with a ringing endorsement

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pass the baton? To whom? All Obama has done is damage his Party so I guess his two terms haven't been all bad. The net loss from local seats on up is staggering. As for "grit," examples please. Maybe he is talking about us putting up with him for right years? Now I just wish he'd go away quietly but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that ain't gonna happen.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Even though this is billed as "not a victory lap," think we need to run a pool on how many lies Obama tells on his accomplishments?

You know he's gonna do it, he is the definition of narcissist.

How many lies, what are we wagering?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Even though this is billed as "not a victory lap," think we need to run a pool on how many lies Obama tells on his accomplishments?

You know he's gonna do it, he is the definition of narcissist.

How many lies, what are we wagering?

We'll see if he get's the grief Trump received for his Thank You tour. My magic 8 ball says no.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm sure someone will count how many times he says "I" and "me". Chicago Tribune says that the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium are closing early today to mitigate crowds. No doubt it will be all over the news.

Just a few more days and we'll see the historic departure of the first AA POTUS from the White House. Not being racist, just making fun of how everything these days is "historic" with the libs.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Does anyone, other than the libtards, listen to that fool anymore. Just go away already! 9 more days....Can't come soon enough!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    He had 8 years of opportunity for action . . . he accomplished nothing.

I can think of quite a few.

But in almost every case, they're diametrically opposed to what he campaigned on.

I would say that's a complete failure of a presidency. As is someone who campaigned to stop senseless wars only to drop more that 26,000 bombs in his last year in power.

Top Bottom