• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...What does that officer do? Scream “drop the guns”? Yell “which one of you is the bad guy?

Armed citizens' reply: "He's the guy laying over there not moving, what took you so long to get here?"

Silly writer believes that only cops will ever be able to stop bad guys.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Red is mine.

Who will be responsible for our safety in public?

You're responsible for your own safety Chief.

Who will be held legally responsible for those of us who may be injured or killed by some off-balance individual mad at the world ( or “hearing voices in their head”) who chooses the moment you are beside them on the street to say no to sanity?

As if someone planning to commit mass would be deterred by any sort of laws.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    The Journal Gazette is not known for its unwavering support of the Second Amendment.

We had a similar discussion in our office recently, when one of my co-workers popped her head out of her cubicle & made some remark about "They're really going to let just ANYONE buy a gun?" One of my other co-workers & I proceeded to educate her and anyone else within hearing range about what was actually being considered, as well as the fact that background checks would still be required to purchase a gun.

The "low information voters", as Rush calls them, are numerous.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The Journal Gazette is not known for its unwavering support of the Second Amendment.
    936df6ee8020d864635793fdb55033d6.jpg

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    What does that officer do? Scream “drop the guns”? Yell “which one of you is the bad guy?”
    If there were really that many people with guns in attendance, one of 2 things would happen.
    1. The bad guy would choose a different venue for his stupid show.
    2. The officer would pick up the pieces of the bad guy.
    More than likely, 1.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Read that letter yesterday... :coffee: ... just another uninformed, misguided induhvidual.

My biggest laugh was when he expressed his concern about a future day when other shoppers at Walmart would be armed... :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Read that letter yesterday... :coffee: ... just another uninformed, misguided induhvidual.

My biggest laugh was when he expressed his concern about a future day when other shoppers at Walmart would be armed... :):

Yeah, if that guy knew how many people around him (not necessarily wearing black nor having a serious look on their faces) were armed already, he might never come out of his safe space.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This was first on my to-do list, but since I am a semi-public figure, readers might associate my position with that of my organization. The powers that be would not be amused.

Do you have many leather-bound books and does your office smells of rich mahogany?

Hey, I'm a nobody, you can ghost write it for me.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This was first on my to-do list, but since I am a semi-public figure, readers might associate my position with that of my organization. The powers that be would not be amused.

Insert opinion here...

I should say say that the opinions I've expressed above are my own and are not necessarily endorsed by (whoever) or any organization with which I am or have been associated.

TPTB now have no room to be displeased.

Blessings,
    Bill

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

I have an acquaintance I've known for many years, I don't know her well enough to know her thoughts on every subject, but we are acquainted enough to be on a first name basis, and she's someone I genuinely enjoy being around. The subject of firearms came up a few months ago, and her main point was, "it scares me to know that if I'm in the grocery store someone in there may be carrying a gun"!!! The next thing she asked was "why are you grinning"? I asked her how long she had known me, to which she replied "ummm, maybe 15 years", and I explained to her that pretty much every single time she had seen me in that 15 years, unless at a school function, I was carrying a firearm on my person!! She looked a little puzzled, but did not seem angry, and the conversation went no further. I've seen her numerous times since then, and she shows no animosity towards me, so I guess she wasn't upset by my admission.

I think a lot of folks just don't even consider something that they are so unfamiliar with as being reality. Part of it is probably hollywood stereotyping, maybe some denial of something that scares them, whatever, but there truly are a lot of people walking around that would be shocked to know just how many guns are around them every day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have an acquaintance I've known for many years, I don't know her well enough to know her thoughts on every subject, but we are acquainted enough to be on a first name basis, and she's someone I genuinely enjoy being around. The subject of firearms came up a few months ago, and her main point was, "it scares me to know that if I'm in the grocery store someone in there may be carrying a gun"!!! The next thing she asked was "why are you grinning"? I asked her how long she had known me, to which she replied "ummm, maybe 15 years", and I explained to her that pretty much every single time she had seen me in that 15 years, unless at a school function, I was carrying a firearm on my person!! She looked a little puzzled, but did not seem angry, and the conversation went no further. I've seen her numerous times since then, and she shows no animosity towards me, so I guess she wasn't upset by my admission.

I think a lot of folks just don't even consider something that they are so unfamiliar with as being reality. Part of it is probably hollywood stereotyping, maybe some denial of something that scares them, whatever, but there truly are a lot of people walking around that would be shocked to know just how many guns are around them every day.

On TV, or in the movies, only police and criminals carry guns.
    That is what people are exposed to, day after day.

Top Bottom