Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When OP is locked post #5 will continue the scoring.

So it's now President Donald J. Trump. He gets a clean slate. He starts out with a 100% approval rating from me. However, as his presidency continues, I will rate his actions. It may go down, it may go up (if less than 100), but I will explain why he loses or gains points. I figure this is the best way to do this rather than post numerous individual threads about his presidency. Good natured debate is welcome, bad natured debate is not, and if pervasive without moderator intervention, I'll simply go back to my original plan and post a bunch of "Trump" threads.

Other member's ratings are welcome.

Anyways.

Trump Approval Rating: 87.7

1/22/2017- Announcement of not releasing taxes, even after completing audit -2
    1/23/2017 -Withdrawal from TPP (+0.5 since it never was enacted), reminding American funds from foreign interests (+1) = +1.5
    1/28/2017 -Immigration and Visa EO -4
    1/29/2017 -Removal of Chairman of Joint Chiefs and Director of National Intelligence as permanent members of the National Security Council and the addition of Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, as permanent member to the body -1
    2/1/2017 -Announcement of Gorsuch as SCOTUS replacement +1
    2/1/2017 -Unannounced trip to visit family of first soldier KIA under his watch +0.2
    2/14/2017 - Resignation of incompetent National Security Advisor (M. Flynn) -1
    2/16/2017 - Request that Israel slow down on settlements +0.5
    2/22/2017 - Trump rescinds Trangender bathroom protections, and leaves it up to the individual states +1
    2/24/2017 - Exclusion of specific media outlets from the White House Press Room -2
    +4/5/2017 - Removal of Steve Bannon from National Security Council +1
    4/6/2017 - Missile attack on Syria -5
    4/29/2017 -Trump invites Philippines dictator Duterte to the White House -0.5
    General - ICE activity in the removal of illegals +2
    General - Has signed more EOs than any president since WW2 -1
    5/9/2017 - The firing of FBI Director James Comey (method/reason/effect) -3

Non-pointable embarrassments:
    -Twitter (on-going)
    -Angela Merkel non-Handshake
    - 2017 Presidential Voter Fraud (on-going)
    - Disbelief in Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 Election (on-going)
    - Praise of Kim Jong Un (on-going)

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My current thread approval rating: 100

(I reserve the right to not be diligent in keeping my rating up to date.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think its unfair to start at 100. I'd suggest 50. Balance. Equipoise. Neither good nor bad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When OP is locked post #5 will continue the scoring.

So it's now President Donald J. Trump. He gets a clean slate. He starts out with a 100% approval rating from me. However, as his presidency continues, I will rate his actions. It may go down, it may go up (if less than 100), but I will explain why he loses or gains points. I figure this is the best way to do this rather than post numerous individual threads about his presidency. Good natured debate is welcome, bad natured debate is not, and if pervasive without moderator intervention, I'll simply go back to my original plan and post a bunch of "Trump" threads.

Other member's ratings are welcome.

Anyways.

Trump Approval Rating: 87.7

1/22/2017- Announcement of not releasing taxes, even after completing audit -2
    1/23/2017 -Withdrawal from TPP (+0.5 since it never was enacted), reminding American funds from foreign interests (+1) = +1.5
    1/28/2017 -Immigration and Visa EO -4
    1/29/2017 -Removal of Chairman of Joint Chiefs and Director of National Intelligence as permanent members of the National Security Council and the addition of Chief Strategist, Steve Bannon, as permanent member to the body -1
    2/1/2017 -Announcement of Gorsuch as SCOTUS replacement +1
    2/1/2017 -Unannounced trip to visit family of first soldier KIA under his watch +0.2
    2/14/2017 - Resignation of incompetent National Security Advisor (M. Flynn) -1
    2/16/2017 - Request that Israel slow down on settlements +0.5
    2/22/2017 - Trump rescinds Trangender bathroom protections, and leaves it up to the individual states +1
    2/24/2017 - Exclusion of specific media outlets from the White House Press Room -2
    +4/5/2017 - Removal of Steve Bannon from National Security Council +1
    4/6/2017 - Missile attack on Syria -5
    4/29/2017 -Trump invites Philippines dictator Duterte to the White House -0.5
    General - ICE activity in the removal of illegals +2
    General - Has signed more EOs than any president since WW2 -1
    5/9/2017 - The firing of FBI Director James Comey (method/reason/effect) -3

Non-pointable embarrassments:
    -Twitter (on-going)
    -Angela Merkel non-Handshake
    - 2017 Presidential Voter Fraud (on-going)
    - Disbelief in Russian attempts to disrupt the 2016 Election (on-going)
    - Praise of Kim Jong Un (on-going)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    **** it. New President, new beginnings. I'll try it out... but I prefer T.Lex's neutral idea. I'll start at 50.

Kut Approval Rating: 50
    Trump Approval Rating: 50

Trump is a populist who'll be judged on whether he can deliver on populist promises. If not, he fails.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump is a populist who'll be judged on whether he can deliver on populist promises. If not, he fails.
    I don't think that's the right metric.

To judge a populist, you only have to measure his popularity. If he is no longer popular, he fails. Delivery on promises is reserved for substantive promises, IMHO.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Kut, I personally love the idea. I'm going to do that for my own personal use and see what I end up with at the end of his presidency. I do have to ask though, is there a standard value for positive and negatives? Like is every negative worth 5 points? Or is the worth dependent on the misstep? (Example: Bans all guns = - 90? Or a standard -5?)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kut, I personally love the idea. I'm going to do that for my own personal use and see what I end up with at the end of his presidency. I do have to ask though, is there a standard value for positive and negatives? Like is every negative worth 5 points? Or is the worth dependent on the misstep? (Example: Bans all guns = - 90? Or a standard -5?)

In my opinion, each decision/misstep should carry its own weight.

Use a poop emoji on the official @POTUS Twitter account? -2.
    Ban all guns? -100.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, did he say he was going to eliminate ISIS or radical Islam? Either way that will be tough. One is improbable and one is impossible.

Top Bottom