May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I hope this is in accordance with law. I want to celebrate, but any flouting of the law signals dangerous curves ahead.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If this were not in the confines of the law the media (unlike with "O") would be right up his a$$

I'm not sure it matters to the media whether he is or not. They certainly had no problems excusing Billary and Obama for anything and everything. Give them a couple of hours and there will be dead children over this, even if he is 100% within his authority.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The law didn't seem to get in the way of the last guy. WTF - At least to start with for the first 100 days, let the judges decide. We have work to do and time is wasting. Congress can solidify later.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting. There's a lot of "...to the extent law allows..." type qualifiers. I'm not sure what sorts of real discretion they have within the law or if this is just symbolism. But at least it demonstrates he's serious about repealing ObamaCare. Now, just get Congress' butt in gear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not sure how much discretion any of the Agencies have in the implementation of the ACA. Taking a wait and see......:popcorn:

There is a whole lot of way deep in the weeds stuff that agencies have attempted to lock in their job security with. Extreme overreach from agencies rarely get seen by the consumer and purposely intimidate industries into compliance. The FDA and EPA are just two of these agencies.

This is the same reason why Schumer will fight all of the Trump appointments tooth and nail. These govt public servants know the swamp is due to be drained and they appeal to Schumer as their last hope to buy all the time they can get.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a whole lot of way deep in the weeds stuff that agencies have attempted to lock in their job security with. Extreme overreach from agencies rarely get seen by the consumer and purposely intimidate industries into compliance. The FDA and EPA are just two of these agencies.

This is the same reason why Schumer will fight all of the Trump appointments tooth and nail. These govt public servants know the swamp is due to be drained and they appeal to their last hope to buy all the time they can get.

And one of many reasons company's are making the leap over the boarder. Labor costs is only part of this migration. Gov. regulation and intrusion is a huge part.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And one of many reasons company's are making the leap over the boarder. Labor costs is only part of this migration. Gov. regulation and intrusion is a huge part.

Companies have had to create large departments, staffed with high dollar engineers that only accommodate govt regulation. They have nothing to do with production other than assuring compliance. How much do you think that adds to the bottom line with most everything you buy, much less anything medical related?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Companies have had to create large departments, staffed with high dollar engineers that only accommodate govt regulation. They have nothing to do with production other than assuring compliance. How much do you think that adds to the bottom line with most everything you buy, much less anything medical related?

These alphabet agencies have become giant malignant tumors sucking the life out of our country.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm really hoping I don't get screwed with Obamacare fees this year now

In the 11.5 hours Trump has been president, I feel better than at any moment of the 8 years before

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, it adds serious $$ just to the cost of steel, that's for sure.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I hope this is in accordance with law. I want to celebrate, but any flouting of the law signals dangerous curves ahead.
    The Obama administration never followed the ACA law as written. There were constant deferrals of the really bad parts for political convenience to hide the really bad parts from the voters. The full hammer of the ACA law has not yet been felt. Many parts were left to beuracrats to write regulations of their interpretation and that has been stopped. So glad it is ending.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm really hoping I don't get screwed with Obamacare fees this year now

In the 11.5 hours Trump has been president, I feel better than at any moment of the 8 years before

Me too, except for the nights of my birthday and anniversary on the odd years

Top Bottom