Are females in this country really that bad off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    I can remember my mother in 1950 washing clothes in a wringer washer, hanging them up to dry and shoveling coal in the furnace in the winter when my father wasn't home yet. My ex was bored because in 1980 pretty much every thing was automated and she tired of counting her fingers and toes and spending what little money we had on the rediculous. She decided to fulfill her dream and joined the female work force. Within 2 years she hadn't found her way to the board of directors at a major company so she quit the last of many jobs and gladly returned to her role as a "homemaker". Since we had incorporated her earnings into our buying a new home it was quite a shock when she dicided staying at home was not so bad. But I digress.
    What exactly do the ladies in the pink hats want? Aren't they jumping the gun a bit? Do they really see Trump as a womanizing pig who will tear up the female bill of rights?

Last edited:

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I honestly think that many women protesting (here in Indy as well as in Washington) are doing so based on a very emotional response to the first female candidate losing to an ego maniac. I have spoken with a number of very bright women and they cannot logically help me understand their concerns or what they think this election represents in terms of a threat to women's rights.

I think they believe the only way Trump could have been elected is if the majority of states and voters really are mysogonistic. That belief is what is sending many women into this depression-like mentality. They don't understand how deeply flawed Clinton was as a candidate.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The only reason IMO to vote for Hillary waS because she is a woman. Amd that's a horrible reason to vote for her.

they will throw their fit, probably try to do a "sheparty" like tea party thing.

It it is funny how they complain abou hillary being described as shrill and yelling, by getting on stage and being shrill and yelling

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I was going to go, but i couldn't get a hold of CM in time to borrow his Hello Kitty gear.
    I do not think women are that bad off. There is still some discrimination, and some are judged by appearance. Even my husband is guilty of that. If the female news anchor is overweight or not attractive, he comments on it. The men...not so much. I'm not a fan of Michelle or Hillary, but i try to avoid comments about their appearance.
    I do think running a household can be a full-time job, between that, gardening, dogs, reading and other hobbies(guns), i wouldn't get bored. But we need the income, and i wouldn't like explaining all of my purchases to my husband.
    I voted Trump, and I am hoping he makes us proud.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's much easier to pawn difficulties off on discrimination than it is to earn what you want. Women today aren't any different than every other segment of the population which isn't white, Caucasian and male. It's 2017 and it is all the rage to spend one's time finding something to complain about. If that something makes you a victim of some sort well that's a bonus.

Life isn't fair. That used to be something parents taught their kids but apparently that stopped sometime around 1980 for most of this country.

Human beings will always bring some prejudices with them wherever they go regardless of their age, gender, race, skin color, religion, country of origin, country of residence and sexual orientation. The last one who didn't died 2017 years ago and anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

Some days I sincerely hope for the collapse of our economy for no other reason than to snap 80% of this country back to reality. When some of these delicate little butterflies go hungry for three or four days it'll become clear what exactly is important in this life and what isn't.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    I stand behind women in their struggle for equal pay. It's got to be disheartening to do the same job as a man and not receive the same benefits. It's a tough row to hoe with the economy in the toilet. Trump has got to address the entitlement system, or systems in reality.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I stand behind women in their struggle for equal pay. It's got to be disheartening to do the same job as a man and not receive the same benefits. It's a tough row to hoe with the economy in the toilet. Trump has got to address the entitlement system, or systems in reality.

I agree, as long as they are doing the same job as a man. Women of childbearing age do tend to miss more work, due to maternity leave, sick kids, lack of daycare, etc. It is understandable to me that that isn't real attractive to employers. Maybe we need to equalize that more, see more dads take turns staying home with the kids. I know some that do.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    What struggle for equal pay?

I have never been at a job that said we pay women this much and men this much per hour/week/annually. In fact I think we have Federal laws forbidding that.

Who pays women less for the same job/position?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd like to see how stats are collected concerning the pay differential according to sex. The only standardized pay scales seem to be with the government and I'm pretty sure they aren't finding disparities there. Are they comparing the CEO salary from one corporation to the next? If so, do they factor in the size of the corporation, cost of living in one area versus another or what the previous (if male) CEO's salary was, time on the job, education or experience levels between two otherwise equal examples?

Serious question. I'm extremely skeptical of anything related to statistics and I struggle to figure out how one can find true apples to apples comparisons of something containing so many potential variables.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is extremely anecdotal, I know but a number of years ago, I had a manager that would sometimes tell me stuff that the HR people probably would just as soon he didn't. The factory where I worked is hot in the summer, loud, dirty, greasy, etc. and typically not a place where a lot of women liked to work...especially those in the salaried/management ranks. So, one year it came time for reviews and raises and he and I were talking about mine. I got a pretty decent one that year and he told me it was about as good as anyone got that wasn't a female. I kinda looked at him funny and he said HR had decided they needed to pay the female salaried folks extra to make sure they kept them happy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is extremely anecdotal, I know but a number of years ago, I had a manager that would sometimes tell me stuff that the HR people probably would just as soon he didn't. The factory where I worked is hot in the summer, loud, dirty, greasy, etc. and typically not a place where a lot of women liked to work...especially those in the salaried/management ranks. So, one year it came time for reviews and raises and he and I were talking about mine. I got a pretty decent one that year and he told me it was about as good as anyone got that wasn't a female. I kinda looked at him funny and he said HR had decided they needed to pay the female salaried folks extra to make sure they kept them happy.

Hmmm. What message does that send I wonder?

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    It's much easier to pawn difficulties off on discrimination than it is to earn what you want. Women today aren't any different than every other segment of the population which isn't white, Caucasian and male. It's 2017 and it is all the rage to spend one's time finding something to complain about. If that something makes you a victim of some sort well that's a bonus.

Life isn't fair. That used to be something parents taught their kids but apparently that stopped sometime around 1980 for most of this country.

Human beings will always bring some prejudices with them wherever they go regardless of their age, gender, race, skin color, religion, country of origin, country of residence and sexual orientation. The last one who didn't died 2017 years ago and anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

Some days I sincerely hope for the collapse of our economy for no other reason than to snap 80% of this country back to reality. When some of these delicate little butterflies go hungry for three or four days it'll become clear what exactly is important in this life and what isn't.

Well said.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana

The "wage inequality for women" is nothing but myth and propaganda...

https://mises.org/library/what’s-behind-gender-wage-gap

https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/04/14/wage-discrimination

Thomas Sowell takes down the gender 'wage' gap | Washington Examiner

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmm. What message does that send I wonder?

When you're being monitored and graded on how many people you have working for you and how many checkboxes they can check off, I suppose that's just another cost of doing business. :rolleyes:

For most of my career, I prided myself on want kind of job I did. Sure, I compared myself to others...it's human and it's a way to see where you're deficient. But after 25 years or so of that sort of stuff, after awhile, it'll wear you down.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

you know how they say a "woman's work is never done?"..... maybe that is why they get paid less. :joke:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

If you are comparing apples to apples, i lean toward that opinion myself. Vs comparing apples to oranges- a factory comprised of mostly women, making low wages, but in a comfortable environment, to a factory where mostly men work in extreme temperatures, no AC, poor work conditions, but receive higher pay.

It would be interesting to follow a man and woman hiring into the same job, both performing equally, moving through the ranks, receiving performance raises, etc, over 5+ years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My spouse out earned me by double for near 15 years. I made seriously good money in my trade but she smashed that and man I do love her for it.
    Woman were trying to get into our union to do the same work and for the most part they fell "WAY" short. It is hard to put someone from a non-mechanical back ground into the field and expect them to perform. The physical requirements were a huge hurdle. 5ft tall 100 Lds sally pulls up and jumps out of the service truck. She unstraps the 40' extension ladder and starts to pull it off the rack. Next thing you know 5' sally is in the emergency room with a serious injury. There is no way little sally was going to get that done. She was too proud to call for help with this. The dispatcher (female) was to stupid not to send little sally on this call as the roof required the 40' ladder. I struggled swinging a 40' and add some wind to this and people get hurt. This is a true story. I had to go get the ladder off the car little Sally dropped it on and deal with a seriously pissed off owner. Then run the service call.

Men have their place. Woman have theirs. We should not get upset about what I make if you can not do the work.

Statistics are a tool to generate victims. I have zero faith in anything that is spoon fed to us by big brother or the spin masters in the media.

Woman are far better off these days than in years past.

Top Bottom