• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this article on my FB feed a little while ago. I guess there's only so much corruption a country riddled with corruption can stand. Seems to me though, what ever they would replace it with, history has shown, will likely be another corruption-riddled system.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw this article on my FB feed a little while ago. I guess there's only so much corruption a country riddled with corruption can stand. Seems to me though, what ever they would replace it with, history has shown, will likely be another corruption-riddled system.

Hey, we've got some recently unemployed politicians we could send them don't we? ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nationalizing the maquila factories will certainly send industry back to the USA.

I wonder how much of this was known to Carrier and Ford? I think if I were a CEO, I'd be thinking twice about opening a new factory in a country that was on the verge of civil war.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nationalizing the maquila factories will certainly send industry back to the USA.

I would love that. It would be a modern "Atlas Shrugged" story for our time. Although, I'm sure with the profits that have already been made thus far, they could probably afford to eat the loss, and still have the investment wash out as a net gain.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have zero legitimate knowledge of Mexico and its politics. I went to Juarez once, that and what I've been fed by the media are all I have. I've never been of the impression that Mexico had its stuff together and was plagued by horrible corruption and cartel influence. That said, the people I've known who came from or were first gen Americans with Mexican parents have all been very good people. I hope they do have a meltdown and I hope they can put a government in place that will do right by the people.

If that is not possible, I'm all for an exchange program where we swap a Mexican for a liberal, 1 for 1, until every Mexican who wants to move here and work for a living has been brought north of the border. Since liberals seem to want nothing to do with what this country is supposed to stand for they can go down and start their own government. The hilarity that ensued would be the stuff that dreams are made of.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have zero legitimate knowledge of Mexico and its politics. I went to Juarez once, that and what I've been fed by the media are all I have. I've never been of the impression that Mexico had its stuff together and was plagued by horrible corruption and cartel influence. That said, the people I've known who came from or were first gen Americans with Mexican parents have all been very good people. I hope they do have a meltdown and I hope they can put a government in place that will do right by the people.

If that is not possible, I'm all for an exchange program where we swap a Mexican for a liberal, 1 for 1, until every Mexican who wants to move here and work for a living has been brought north of the border. Since liberals seem to want nothing to do with what this country is supposed to stand for they can go down and start their own government. The hilarity that ensued would be the stuff that dreams are made of.

The cartels will not go quietly and as such there would be the potential for some quite horrifying vigilantism to achieve this end. Think Duterte's Philippines on our southern border

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I find it insulting to the Mexican people to say that their value is only that of a liberal.I have yet to see much value in a liberal.I am all for a good trade,but we have to up the ante with Alot more too boot.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Hasn't Mexico been on the verge of a civil war for at least the last 100 years? Wish they would have it already and get it over with once and for all...

And anyone who fled that and still has the audacity to fly a Mexican flag needs his/her head examined.

José Average is outgunned. We may have to do a little 'lend/lease'

Isn't that what Barry and Eric were up to? Sorta? ;)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Meh, the Cartels have so much money, they can buy whomever they want. Corruption will never be eliminated while the Cartels have such power.

Top Bottom