• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The BSA today modified their membership policy to now include transgendered girls. This will allow your daughter to join the Cub Scouts, and the Boy Scouts as long as you identify her gender as male on her scouting application. Your little scout will be sleeping in tents with boys, and typically will have fully grown adult male leaders .

It's like they are trying to wipe out one of the greatest treasures for boys.

Trail Life USA will see a huge increase in new troops. The BSA will see a huge decrease in both youth membership and adult membership. There will be a lot of scout camps going up for sale. Might be a good time to buy that hunting property.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    It's a smart move from a PR standpoint. By accepting them before anyone tries to join and makes a huge national spectacle, they have taken away the shock factor and all those seeking there 15 minutes will now go elsewhere.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    It's a smart move from a PR standpoint. By accepting them before anyone tries to join and makes a huge national spectacle, they have taken away the shock factor and all those seeking there 15 minutes will now go elsewhere.

Too late. They already kicked out a girl in New Jersey, and rightly so. So now I guess they will let her back in. A fuggin disgrace.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's a sad thing for sure. threaten lawsuit, force change. I guarantee every 50 states would have a transgender kid want to join and then sue when they couldn't.

Poor boy scouts, all they wanted to do was do their thing

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    If by the way you fill out the app,could a grown man join the Brownies by saying he feels 10 years old,female? My father is probably rolling in his grave.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There's a joke somewhere in here about getting kicked out of Cub Scouts... something something brownie.

Perhaps it's best that we leave it as written.

Blessings,
    Bill

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If by the way you fill out the app,could a grown man join the Brownies by saying he feels 10 years old,female? My father is probably rolling in his grave.
    Would we need to encourage the girls to befriend the grown man... after all, we wouldn't to be judgmental or make the guy feel bad about himself.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    My question to this whole thing is, exactly how in tune with themselves are 8,9, and ten year old kids? Are there that many kids in that age group in either scout organizations that truly understand what being "transgendered" really mean? Or is this more of the scouting organizations preemptively heading off lawsuits from parents looking for other-than noble reasons to sue. My child recently revealed they are transgendered and they are 20.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My question to this whole thing is, exactly how in tune with themselves are 8,9, and ten year old kids? Are there that many kids in that age group in either scout organizations that truly understand what being "transgendered" really mean? Or is this more of the scouting organizations preemptively heading off lawsuits from parents looking for other-than noble reasons to sue. My child recently revealed they are transgendered and they are 20.
    I saw the kid and mother on TV this morning that drove this change. I don't think that a kid that age has any sense of sexuality or he/she shouldn't. The mother seemed to like being on TV though.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    It is a shame but...why would the scouts be immune to the culture of self victimization that we live in today? They are a relatively large organization and as such have a target on their backs that sjw's just have to aim at. In all fairness I don't think very many transgenders will be joining scouts any time soon and I realize that's not the point. It is ridiculous that boys can't just be boys and do fun outdoor skill activities without being roped into this madness. They'll have to deal with it enough once they become adults. I have been a Cub Scout leader now for about 6 or 7 years and was asked a couple of years ago how I felt about the scouts accepting gays into its ranks. I replied that I reject the notion that sex and sexuality has any place in Scouting. It is just a group of boys learning outdoor living skills and having fun. Trying to work lgbtqia whatever into it is just solving a problem that doesn't exist. Or more accurately-creating a problem that shouldn't exist.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I second the above ^^^.

My impressipn is that folks still involved in BSA, today, are about two main values: 1) conformity, and 2) the bond of shared experiences. Most will muckle under and accept this. And leadership knows it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I saw the kid and mother on TV this morning that drove this change. I don't think that a kid that age has any sense of sexuality or he/she shouldn't. The mother seemed to like being on TV though.

Not arguing your latter point, but your former one, I have to wonder. Kids know very young the differences between boys and girls, and which one they are. Unless they have a younger, opposite gender sibling, they may not know which parts the other ones have, but you bet your bippy they know their own. They know gender roles. They know Mom comes home and starts supper, does some housework, etc., and Dad comes home, grabs a beer and sits on the couch and farts till it's time to eat. OK, seriously, though, they know men don't wear dresses, and women sometimes do.

My middle nephew, at maybe 11 or so, came up to visit us from Dallas. At the time, one of the popular shows on TV was "Sailor Moon". I asked if he watched it, and his answer was, predictably, "NO!" and "why not?" was answered, "Because I'm not a girl!"

As to whether or not someone that age can be transgendered... All I can say is I can't rule it out.

That's not to say that the kid can't be taught to say certain things at certain times, or that no parent has ever exploited their child for less than savory reasons, only to say that we can't say that all of them do that.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Like gay marriage this is much ado about nothing. Thousands of gay people are married now and the fabric of the country is unchanged and will stay that way.

Transgenderism is no more a mental illness than being gay, and the gay people I know KNEW they were gay very early in life. I have no doubt that these transgender kids are the same. I don't know why some people are born this way nor do I care. I dealt with enough of them on the job to know that they are born this way and don't choose it.

There will a flurry of activity about this until the news media is tired of it. A tiny number of these transgender kids will join the scouts.

They will harm no one and change nothing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My question to this whole thing is, exactly how in tune with themselves are 8,9, and ten year old kids?...

I almost want to admit all of these kids to get them out of the hands of their insane, mentally and emotionally neglectful parents if only for a few hours a week.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

It`s a disgusting move from a moral standpoint, because they`re associating themselves with the evil and sickness running rampant through America. The Boy Scouts have made themselves completely irrelevant and unacceptable to Christian Americans.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Like gay marriage this is much ado about nothing. Thousands of gay people are married now and the fabric of the country is unchanged and will stay that way.

Transgenderism is no more a mental illness than being gay, and the gay people I know KNEW they were gay very early in life. I have no doubt that these transgender kids are the same. I don't know why some people are born this way nor do I care. I dealt with enough of them on the job to know that they are born this way and don't choose it.

There will a flurry of activity about this until the news media is tired of it. A tiny number of these transgender kids will join the scouts.

They will harm no one and change nothing.

I`ll preface this by saying, you`re entitled to your opinion, and there appear to be many who share your perspective.

Now, I`m entitled to my opinion as well, and mine is this: So called, "gay marriage" does indeed harm America, as does anything, including divorce and adultery, which harm traditional marriage. Not only is traditional marriage the cornerstone of a stable, wholesome, productive society, it is ordained by the Lord, and is His Plan for society. Loose marriages, unwed mothers, teen mothers, ALL have led us to the place where we are in society today, by weakening, and attempting to destroy traditional marriage and the traditional family. Look what it`s already cost us in the fiscal sense, with the high, and climbing costs of law-enforcement, criminal courts, prosecution, and incarceration, never mind the human suffering. All because of the near destruction of the traditional family in which one woman, and one man rear their children to respect authority, work hard to provide for themselves, and contribute to society. The so called, "gay marriage" is even more than just one more bolt pulled out of the frame of traditional marriage, since it`s part of a broader sickness, that encourages children, who have no concept of what sexuality even means, to believe that they are different than what their God-given DNA tells them they are.

We live in evil times, where lawlessness is the norm, and people freely and openly mock God, Gods` Word tells us, He will not be mocked. As Thomas Jefferson said: Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that His justice cannot sleep forever.

Top Bottom