• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    **** off your boss via insubordination, get the boot. FINALLY! .gov starting to at least appear to work like the private sector.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I understand that she may have had concerns that it was not legal, but I'd think a deputy AG could determine that fairly quickly. If it was illegal you ask for council with the president and discuss it. If you're told to continue, then you resign IMO.

This was insubordination at its finest.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sally Yates was a real American. Plain and simple. She stood up for the rights of thousands. Flame away...

As an attorney, her behavior was unethical. If she could not perform the requirements of her job she had an obligation to resign, not make a demonstration of what she felt policy should be.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sally Yates was a real American. Plain and simple. She stood up for the rights of thousands. Flame away...

I get where you're coming from, but she really didn't.

Her job as an attorney was to represent her client, who is basically the POTUS in this context. If she couldn't do that, she should have the courage of her convictions and quit.

(Already posted this to the Kut Approval Tracking Thread [KATT], but hadn't seen this specific thread at the time.)

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

So, she stood for "the rights of thousands" of non-Americans, by risking MILLIONS of AMERICANS? This is not a permaban, it is simply an effort to MAKE SURE (as much as possible) that people are not admitted to the US that intend to do us harm, and HER JOB was to help enforce this. If her morals prevented her from doing HER JOB, than she should have quit rather than openly defying a lawful order.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I get where you're coming from, but she really didn't.

Her job as an attorney was to represent her client, who is basically the POTUS in this context. If she couldn't do that, she should have the courage of her convictions and quit.

(Already posted this to the Kut Approval Tracking Thread [KATT], but hadn't seen this specific thread at the time.)

I guess it would depend on what she holds in higher regard, loyalty to her morality, or loyalty to her job description.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Standing up for non-Americans is kinda something we do as Americans. Been happening for a long time now. Zero, 0, none, nada, zilch, Cero, Not-a-one, terrorist attack has happened in America by someone who was here on refugee status. Though I do remember some sort of attack that happened were most of the attackers were Saudi...though they aren't on the travel ban. And the AG is most definitely allowed to give their opinion and advice on laws passed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess it would depend on what she holds in higher regard, loyalty to her morality, or loyalty to her job description.

If the former, she should have quit. (Probably before the inauguration, since this isn't exactly a surprise.)

Top Bottom