• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I get it. "Let the babies have their bottles".

OK...for temporary, limited situations. However, "temporary" and "limited" will not always be the case.

The OP article: "therapeutic rather than incendiary" Sheesh...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Why do protesters/marchers feel it necessary to block traffic and entrance to and exit from buildings/businesses?

I had business to take care of and I sure didn't appreciate their demonstration. You could say it is because I do not align with their cause, but the fact is that I do not think even my personal causes should block up traffic and commerce.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Suspect a different article had that been a 2A rally/protest/whatever.

Well, if it was a 2A rally, downtown Lafayette would be a lot cleaner as the participants would have picked up trash and not blocked the streets.

Left wing protest: trash, disorder, public profanity and dope smoke. They hang out all day and get on television.

Right wing protest: 2 guys in khakis and blue Brooks Brothers sport coats holding signs in favor of a capital gains tax cut or 2A or whatever. They are there for an hour on break from work and the media ignores them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I had business to take care of and I sure didn't appreciate their demonstration. You could say it is because I do not align with their cause, but the fact is that I do not think even my personal causes should block up traffic and commerce.

I don't care about the issue/cause/whatever. Its the disorder, however how minor, that I have a problem with. I might agree with whatever the issue is, but the minute you start breaking the law you lose all my support.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    37773813.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Suspect a different article had that been a 2A rally/protest/whatever.

It's easy to write a smug article about "this is how you do it right" when the people involved are reasonable and at least minimally cooperative with the authorities charged with maintaining the peace. Had this thing turned into one the horror stories like we've seen in other places where windows are getting smashed, stuff is being lit on fire, ambulances carrying very sick people are blocked in traffic, or people are getting beaten to within an inch of their lives, I doubt the Lafayette PD would be getting a pat on the back for their cool, level-headedness.

Yeah, an unexpectantly large crowd where a street is temporarily blocked and a little litter is probably no excuse to unleash the water cannons. I doubt most would call for that. But when the crowd becomes destructive and violent, yeah--any means necessary might be called for.

Top Bottom