Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Why are some gun owners against cops? The answer to both questions is the same: some people are too dumb to know who their friends are. Either that or they have been biased by a negative interaction with an individual they perceive as representative of the group.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Why are some gun owners against cops? The answer to both questions is the same: some people are too dumb to know who their friends are. Either that or they have been biased by a negative interaction with an individual they perceive as representative of the group.

You are opening a can of worms here. I`m not going to bite, but my question still the same: Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    “It’s harder to get a driver’s license sometimes than it is to get a concealed weapons permit and that just seems a little off balance,” said Kalamazoo Chief Public Safety Officer Jeffrey Hadley, who will participate in the panel discussion.

Yes because convicted felons and domestic abusers are barred from driving or even possessing cars and everyone gets multiple background checks when getting a drivers license. OH WAIT!!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    “It’s harder to get a driver’s license sometimes than it is to get a concealed weapons permit and that just seems a little off balance,” said Kalamazoo Chief Public Safety Officer Jeffrey Hadley, who will participate in the panel discussion.

Yes because convicted felons and domestic abusers are barred from driving or even possessing cars and everyone gets multiple background checks when getting a drivers license. OH WAIT!!

The caveat is, driving is not a constitutionally protected right...keeping and bearing arms is! Why do many not grasp that law-abiding citizens are no threat to innocents? And that those intent on evil just aren`t going to obey ANY law?

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Only if I wasn't willing to look too deep into the outcome of that reality. It rarely turns out well.

The so called, supreme court has ruled numerous times that police have no constitutional duty to protect you or your loved ones. Obviously then, you, and only you bear responsibility for the defense and well-being of your loved ones. Police are only there, best, case, to draw chalk outlines and interview potential witnesses. I have complete contempt for anyone, whatever their title, position, or uniform, who think they may usurp my right to keep and bear arms. Is "shall not be infringed" ambiguous in the least?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Really? If you were an officer, you`d have no use for the Constitution?

You're thinking that the analysis goes any deeper than perceived self-interest?

How many non-cops have you heard say "I believe people should have the right to own guns, but....." Why would the population of police be any different? You also seem to be assuming that everyone agrees what the 2d Amendment means. These are the answers to your original question. You can argue with this all day long, but those are the answers.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Just as we do not dismiss the majority of the professionals in law-enforcement due to the few jack-booted thugs, and murderers, police may not dismiss all gun owners due to the few dimwits. Not to mention, the Second Amendment is our constitutionally protected right.

I'm not excusing the attitude, I'm just answering your question. Why are some cops against citizens owning guns? Well they're wrong, but there it is.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You're thinking that the analysis goes any deeper than perceived self-interest?

How many non-cops have you heard say "I believe people should have the right to own guns, but....." Why would the population of police be any different? You also seem to be assuming that everyone agrees what the 2d Amendment means. These are the answers to your original question. You can argue with this all day long, but those are the answers.

Again, are the words: "shall not be infringed" ambiguous in the least? As to the other part of your post, after Katrina in New Orleans, when jack-booted thugs went through and forcibly disarmed citizens when they needed their weapons the most, some of these law-enforcement folks afterwards stated they would never do that again. In that instance, they simply followed orders without thinking through exactly what they were doing. Good for the ones who saw the error of what they took part in. Likely, there are those who feel that they would do it again, and screw the Constitution. I can only say this: Regardless of title, position, or uniform, it is treason, and therefore illegal to usurp constitutional rights, and anyone who attempts to do so, is not protected by their title, position, or uniform, and would most likely face resistance.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm just saying you might as well ask "why do people suck?" or "why do certain folks break the law?" Some people just don't get it right. And no one has the same values as anyone else.

Top Bottom